[MOD] REM for Rebirth

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

johncage

Post by johncage » Sat, 14. Dec 13, 20:55

revere thrusters, not "turning ship tail to front to thrust"

Andre_013
x3tc

Post by Andre_013 » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 01:18

After the analysis of the scripts "move.generic.xml", i drew a conclusion: the ships fly between sectors, but out blue trade lines. I saw them and flied behind them ~ 10000 km - very long. Their flight will proceed many hours.

To be convinced, try this option.
Spoiler
Show

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>

<diff>
<replace sel="/aiscript[@name='move.generic']">

<aiscript name="move.generic" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="aiscripts.xsd" version="1">
<!--

<start_boost object="this.ship" />
<move_to object="this.ship" destination="$destination" usehighways=
"true" abortpath="$abortpath" forcesteering="$forcesteering" forceposition="false">
<position value="$position" />
<interrupt>
<conditions>
<event_object_changed_zone object="this.ship" zone="$targetzone" />
</conditions>
</interrupt>
</move_to>
<stop_boost object="this.ship" />

</do_else>
<move_to object="this.ship" destination="$targetzone" usehighways=
"not $bigship" abortpath="$abortpath" forcesteering="(not $bigship) and $forcesteering" forceposition="false">
<position value="$safepos" />
</move_to>
</do_else>

</actions>
</attention>
</aiscript>
</replace>
</diff>

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Fri, 7. Feb 14, 22:32

Andre_013 wrote:After the analysis of the scripts "move.generic.xml", i drew a conclusion: the ships fly between sectors, but out blue trade lines. I saw them and flied behind them ~ 10000 km - very long. Their flight will proceed many hours.

To be convinced, try this option.
Spoiler
Show

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>

<diff>
<replace sel="/aiscript[@name='move.generic']">

<aiscript name="move.generic" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="aiscripts.xsd" version="1">
<!--

<move_to object="this.ship" destination="$destination" usehighways=
"true" abortpath="$abortpath" forcesteering="$forcesteering" forceposition="false">
<position value="$position" />
<interrupt>
<conditions>
<event_object_changed_zone object="this.ship" zone="$targetzone" />
</conditions>
</interrupt>
</move_to>

</do_else>
<move_to object="this.ship" destination="$targetzone" usehighways=
"not $bigship" abortpath="$abortpath" forcesteering="(not $bigship) and $forcesteering" forceposition="false">
<position value="$safepos" />
</move_to>
</do_else>

</actions>
</attention>
</aiscript>
</replace>
</diff>
I dont understand , why would you use follow highways if the mod removes them

Hope no one minds but im going to try to finsh this mod by adding booster to all remaining ships !
if you comme back real space just PM me and il delete my progress or give it to you or what ever you want me to do.
the reason i am doing so is he allready said it was ok to edit his mod , so I will give him credit and all that :)

ellF
x4

Post by ellF » Mon, 3. Mar 14, 22:39

Privata, did you end up updating this mod to resolve the issues with trading? I've started using it, but am still uncertain if the core trading mechanics are broken by the removal of the highways...

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Mon, 3. Mar 14, 23:09

ellF wrote:Privata, did you end up updating this mod to resolve the issues with trading? I've started using it, but am still uncertain if the core trading mechanics are broken by the removal of the highways...
well some ships dont spawn with the mod on , witch is a big shame.

ellF
x4

Post by ellF » Tue, 4. Mar 14, 13:18

So far, the mod does seem to be working without causing any game breaking bugs. I've combined it with a handful of others, including Manual Command Extension, a lore-friendly jump drive for the Skunk, and one that allows my owned ships to ignore fuel when jumping.

The latter I may remove, but at the moment, this combination preserves the wide open feeling created by removing the highways while allowing for relatively same exploration. I think that I may create a new jump drive mod, however, to switch from a simple menu entry to an in-game item that must be earned; there is a chance for a sense of progression that would be more enjoyable to pursue, and still very much keeping with the feeling that this mod establishes.

Trade seems to be working with the latest version, as well.

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Fri, 14. Mar 14, 22:14

Any news? I love this mod...
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

Bumpy

Post by Bumpy » Mon, 17. Mar 14, 00:20

i second that, any ?

...one of the most important mods for rebirth !

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Mon, 17. Mar 14, 17:11

I done a unofficial update to the mod.
if RS comes back and does not approve of the mod , it will be removed.
it adds booster to all NPC ships that need them , thus removing the annoying message telling you about that.

it does NOT include the base mod , you have to download that separately

http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/ ... D374&pUp=1

Have fun , pilots
Last edited by Privata on Tue, 18. Mar 14, 02:03, edited 1 time in total.

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Tue, 18. Mar 14, 01:24

oh, thanks... i whait for aprove from RC.

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Tue, 18. Mar 14, 02:03

jeroll3d wrote:oh, thanks... i whait for aprove from RC.
he gave me permission for somthing else a while back , but I rather play it safe.
I can garenty you this works , done in the same way as his mod did.
just adds the missing engine booster to npc , with out it , the economie might pause.

I hope RS comes back soon

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Tue, 18. Mar 14, 02:40

Go test in here. Thanks Privata.

:wink:

EDIT

I read forum just now. Yesterday i type with error in your nick name. Solved it now. Sorry about that.

(my english is bad)

Chris91
x3

Post by Chris91 » Sat, 29. Mar 14, 12:07

Hi guys, first of all, this mod looks really great!! But the link to the Mod isnt working, where can i download it ?

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Sat, 29. Mar 14, 12:46

Chris91 wrote:Hi guys, first of all, this mod looks really great!! But the link to the Mod isnt working, where can i download it ?
the link does work just sometimes it puts an error for some reason.

http://www.nexusmods.com/games/?

use this link to get to the nexsus then select X rebirth then look for this mod on the nexsus page.

its the best place for mods and everyone should use it.

Berserk Knight
x4

Post by Berserk Knight » Thu, 24. Apr 14, 15:20

The "usehighways" attribute is what allows those non-capital ships to move between sectors by using global pathing.
(Also, how do you expect them to use super"highways" to move between sectors when you tell them not to use highways at all?)

Set it to false, and they completely lose their ability to move between sectors.

Set it to true? The small ships will NEVER stop boosting during transit.
In some cases, they will miss the superhighway entry gates and loop around for minutes, sometimes the overly boosted speed will result in them being flung off into the unknown reaches of space when they attempt "landing" in their destination zones...
(Most commonly, they keep ramming into stations with boosters.)
You get the idea. Causes a lot of problems.

I've got a less intrusive script for the generic movement which should work a lot better with everything else, and an extremely..."heavy" script that handles movement between sectors and clusters.
(Implemented the stuff I've put into my MCE Fleet scripts, so they only boost when they are aligned and far away enough for boosting to be logical.)

Still needs a bit more testing. The script existed for a few months already, but had a very bad (and hard to detect) typo that kept messing things up until now.
("Testing" refers to following random Gigurums out into space when they boost, or sending out my own fighters somewhere and following them when they boost. Yeah, this is like the most boring testing ever.)

Also, despite the fact that it should be very heavy on both memory usage and CPU cycles due to it's design, which charts out all the gates and highways and then finds the path to it's destination, it surprisingly didn't cause that much of a performance drop for me.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 27. Apr 14, 15:15

how is newtonian flight going?

Freeman_79
xr

Post by Freeman_79 » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 03:13

Heya fellows

A little question, I'm using this mod with 1.30 and during recent gameplays I've always get a error message in the middle of the screen, which is quite annoying.

Error message say.

No Booster: units_size_s_ship_pirate_01_macro
The numbers switching rapidly between 01 and 03.

Any ideas whats causing this ?

//Freeman

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Thu, 1. May 14, 20:27

Its a debug message I put in to the code to show what ships had no boosters. We used it to know which ships needed to have them added to (if I remember correctly). I thought they had all been fixed by realspace.

Annoyingly the only way to show a message when the game first came out was by using those popup messages. I would of much rather used a logbook approach as I have done in the X3 series of games.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Mon, 5. May 14, 15:16

Realspace wrote:Please READ ME
I have a suggestion. An addition which should be added to this mod.

---The Idea----
I suggest an added feature to the existing engine balance changes in the "Assisted Physics" and possibly FULL" Newtonian" an inertia dampener that ties in with the reverse thruster and possibly takes speed into account.

What I mean by this
I feel the inertia at times especially for doing missions is too much to deal with trying to dock at a station is extremely fiddly often after coming out of boost even at 80km away I end up going right past what I wanted to stop at and I have to spin around and burst boost to get back to a reasonable normal flight distance (mostly because reverse thrust is useless). Station icons don't pop up until in a certain range and the inertia does not help with finer control.

What I am suggesting to be done about it
That Inertia Dampeners get retro fitted to higher class engines say the MK2+ variants using the existing balance change scripts and tie the Inertia Dampeners into the reverse thrusters so that when you reverse thrust it takes into account your facing direction and speed then attempts to stabilize the ship faster by applying decent thrust to offset the inertia. Maybe have higher class engines such as MK3, MK4 be more responsive at this.

Optional: You could re purpose the reverse thruster altogether and make it drain shields as a compromise for the dampening effect so you would not hold down the reverse thrust too long in a fight you would just use burst use it to quickly alter your drift. I really like the idea of REAL space but the current implementation of the engines leaves some to be desired.

Final Comments
I feel that adding something like this would greatly improve the controllability when you fly somewhere clustered and would even add to the combat because you could kick it in reverse to enable the "Inertia Dampeners" periodicity combined with strafe manoeuvre and roll to quickly change directions of drift while not taking away from the experience of inertia driven physics.

If anybody has thoughts on something like this id love to hear them.

EDIT:
Ok I seem to have placed this in the wrong mod thread it should have gone into http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=60
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

F4QuArL
x4

Post by F4QuArL » Fri, 30. May 14, 12:40

Is it possible to just install die "physics FULL"-MOD without the "NO Highways and Unlimited Booster"-MOD ?

I´ve tried and as far I think Newtonian flight looks like, it doesn´t work.
I´ve got unlimited Booster but no inertia, so if I boost my ship shortly I don´t fall in this direction.
Instead I slow down to normal speed and stop when I take away my speed

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”