Anti-wishlist for the next game

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wwdragon
x4

Re: Anti-wishlist for the next game

Post by wwdragon » Sun, 17. Jan 16, 00:55

mr.WHO wrote: 2) I don't want copilot comments to be longer than 3 short word. Simple Yes, affirmative, copy, acknowledge is much less pain in the long run that "Shut up Betty", "transfering coordinates to following ships" and several other needesly long comments.

4) I don't want any NPC comments about "swetty male clothes", "not cleaning", "rubbish dump" or other stupid comments that you wouldn't say to someone who just paid 100k to hire you.

7) I don't want to go to NPC stations to hire personel / I don't want my stations to be populated only by my workers

8 ) I don't want ANY-minigames that aren't optional

9) I don't want any ships that don't work (Sulleccus I'm watching at you)

10) I DON'T WANT GUI that force me to make a thousands repetitive push/clicks to to simple things all the time (like assigning ships to leader, selecting trade ship in trade menu, finding anything in property menu)

11) I don't want NPC/Pirates/Xenon/Khaak to spawn out of thin air (with the exception of BB missions)

12) I don't want NPC shipyards to be constantly occupied by building NPC XL ships (e.g add second XL dock to each SY similar to L docks that rarely got ocupied both in the same time)

13) I don't want to be limited to NPC shipyard for ship production

14) I don't want multi-product stations (e.g. drone factories) to randomly switch between production with no player control.

15) I don't want to pay 200% shipworth of drones only to see that they are useless and die en masses.

18 ) I don't want NPC indestoyable stations

19) I don't want OOS repairs to be so rudiculosly fast - the repair speed should be the same no matter if you are present or not (there is no point of using SY repairs right now as it's not free and take ages for ships to dock at SY).

21) Don't want orange orbs of energy that slow-you down during superhighway cruise (I though we get rid of highway mini-game? this must be leftover)
Yup, I agree with these.
In fact drones should be completely automated, with me just giving an order such as hack target and they go do it themselves.
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Sun, 17. Jan 16, 15:54

Contrary to many here I actually really liked the more cinematic elements of the new game. I just wish it was less buggy.

The mission where you had to build and upgrade your own station was near impossible for me to complete. I had to resort to XML editing in the end which was not fun at all.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sun, 17. Jan 16, 16:00

Matthew94 wrote:The mission where you had to build and upgrade your own station was near impossible for me to complete. I had to resort to XML editing in the end which was not fun at all.
All you had to do in that mission was to hire a few marines and an officer, put on your pirate hat and go to Albion to fish for some metal/reactor-rich freighters. Quite fun.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Sun, 17. Jan 16, 18:17

wwdragon wrote:Yup, I agree with these.
In fact drones should be completely automated, with me just giving an order such as hack target and they go do it themselves.
Yeah, I totally agree. Having some manual piloted combat drones is nice, but AFAIK we still don't have Yisha piloting the Skunk to defend itself (as they said she would pre-release :( ).

I would much prefer if hacking drones went straight for your current target when launched, and took a semi-random period to complete. Higher tier drones move faster, are more durable, and are better hackers.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sun, 17. Jan 16, 19:03

1) First-person movement around stations

Look, it's just taking art-development-ressources without delivering proper gameplay. Additionally it's exposing the creepy npc models, the poor dialoge and the generally copy&paste feel of the stations. Getting rid of it now would nullify those issues and prevent further problems down the line, like when introducing new race/station designs.
Focus on spaceships (including cockpits) and station exteriors instead.
Reserve it for plot only options if you really want to keep it.

2) overpowered miniature battleships with fighter speed termed "corvette"
It's freaking boring having a game tailored to one shiptype only. We could see the beginning with X3:R with the OP-as-**** Hyperion which then continued with Hyperion & Springblossom in TC (to be fair they where OP-as-slightly-less-**** than in X3R). In XR the whole game is designed around this freakship beeing OP and "special". In X3 it was at least optional. I do NOT wish to see a continuation of this trend!

3) many others that are already mentioned
Last edited by Killjaeden on Mon, 18. Jan 16, 03:41, edited 3 times in total.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

bambikaka

Post by bambikaka » Sun, 17. Jan 16, 19:46

Killjaeden wrote: 2) overpowered miniature battleships with fighter speed termed "corvette"
It's freaking boring having a game tailored to one shiptype only. We could see the beginning with X3:R with the OP-as-**** Hyperion which then continued with Hyperion & Springblossom in TC (to be fair they where OP-as-slightly-less-**** than in X3R). In XR the whole game is designed around this freakship beeing OP and "special". In X3 it was at least optional. I do NOT wish to see a continuation of this trend!
this is something i very much agree with. i quit playing x3r when i have found the hyperion. the entire game just became pointless. in AP i had to mod the centaurs they were so freakin op. even when its optional its annoying and then you get a new episode when this op thing is forced on you... bahhh

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 18. Jan 16, 01:06

MegaJohnny wrote:
wwdragon wrote:Yup, I agree with these.
Yeah, I totally agree. Having some manual piloted combat drones is nice, but AFAIK we still don't have Yisha piloting the Skunk to defend itself (as they said she would pre-release :( ).

I would much prefer if hacking drones went straight for your current target when launched, and took a semi-random period to complete. Higher tier drones move faster, are more durable, and are better hackers.
Disagree - I'd prefer to keep hacking as a gameplay option (rather than automatic success). It's one of the reasons I prefer XR to the older X games - it's much more fun to be a pirate & part of that is stealing stuff from stations (also switching off their guns, sabotaging production, etc). If the drones could do this entirely on their own playing the pirate would be a lot less fun, there would be fewer things to do. Anyway, apart from a single instance in the XR plot, hacking is an entirely optional activity in XR - please don't ruin it for people who do enjoy it.

ALien8ed
x4

Post by ALien8ed » Mon, 18. Jan 16, 01:34

DaMuncha wrote:I dont want a console port.
Pretty much sums it up.

Hopefully lessons were learnt after Rebirth. I guess time will tell.

caleb
x3tc

Post by caleb » Mon, 18. Jan 16, 14:39

I do not want X-Rebirth 2. That's pretty much it. It does not have to be X4 either. Actually, I do not want X4, I want something bigger.

If for some dumb reason we are going to get an X-Rebirth 2 (I hope not!) then PLEASE make the player ship a capital ship, and the drones regular M3-M5 size. So we can take out a decent fighter for a spin, and not a useless tiny whatever that is.

No, just don't make X-Rebirth 2. Oh, and forget about pre-ordering, I'm never pre-ordering from Egosoft again. You get my money when I see somewhat decent reviews from other people. Not going to fall for that crap twice.

khartsh

Post by khartsh » Wed, 20. Jan 16, 19:47

+1

If I even smell an Xbox vibe so help me god. :evil:

JimmiG
x3

Post by JimmiG » Thu, 21. Jan 16, 12:57

Earth Ultimatum IV. wrote:
Geek wrote:- no ridiculous trading system that requires to babysit the freighters (that you can not fly because... it is too slow !!!)
No. They finally made large-scaled trading fun for me. Should be kept for next game, just add an alternative
I like the new system too, now that it works properly. The problem was in earlier versions, where trading ships would often get stuck or otherwise fail to complete trade orders so you had to monitor them constantly. I like being able to command my trade ships while I zip around in the nimble Skunk. I really miss the Trading Software upgrades, though. There are a few autotrader mods, but they're not the same as an official feature. Also the option to manually fly the ships should obviously be there.
GCU Grey Area wrote:
JimmiG wrote:-The minigames need to go away. This is not a mobile game.
Don't think they should just "go away".

Some of them could certainly be improved, however don't think it would be good if, for example, players could easily steal resources & products from station storage modules without having to do anything.
The worst one is the minitalk one. It should simply be removed IMO. In theory, the different topics could be used to teach you more lore and give you tips. Unfortunately, you only hear the same 3-4 canned responses every time. They'd need to record hours of additional dialog to make it interesting. You have to play the minigame once for every trade agent you want to place. With hundreds of stations, that makes starting a new game pure torture unless you use mods.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 21. Jan 16, 13:45

JimmiG wrote:The worst one is the minitalk one. It should simply be removed IMO. In theory, the different topics could be used to teach you more lore and give you tips. Unfortunately, you only hear the same 3-4 canned responses every time. They'd need to record hours of additional dialog to make it interesting. You have to play the minigame once for every trade agent you want to place. With hundreds of stations, that makes starting a new game pure torture unless you use mods.
For you maybe (if so then strongly suggest you use mods), but not for me & I tend to restart fairly frequently - usually a fresh start every time there's a new major beta to test, so every few months I need to get a new batch of trade agents in place.

Also do a lot of smalltalk to get trade discounts, normally 3 or 4 times for every trade run dealing with high profit wares (e.g. drones) & whenever possible to get a discount before installing expensive new equipment on the Skunk. Must have heard every line of smalltalk dialogue many hundreds of times by now & it just isn't what I'd consider 'pure torture' - it's just listening to an NPC chatter for a few seconds.

Would welcome new topics & several have been added over the past couple of years. However the only thing that really bugs me about it is being not being able to initiate the conversation & having to stand around waiting for an NPC to talk, particularly when there are time constraints involved (e.g. trying to get all my discounts in place before my freighter docks at the station to take on cargo). Could perhaps also be improved by being able to select the topic, maybe with choice of topic influencing difficulty (e.g. chatting about tech with an engineer being more appropriate than discussing trade opportunities in De Vries).

pja
x4

Post by pja » Thu, 21. Jan 16, 20:26

Each to their own I suppose. I find minigames in long open ended games are OK the first few times but get boring very quickly (with the exception of Gwent in the Witcher3). There is no skill in smalltalk, you hear the same conversations over and over and its a reaction test to click your mouse at the right time. I would be quite happy to see it removed completely.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 22. Jan 16, 02:18

pja wrote:Each to their own I suppose. I find minigames in long open ended games are OK the first few times but get boring very quickly (with the exception of Gwent in the Witcher3). There is no skill in smalltalk, you hear the same conversations over and over and its a reaction test to click your mouse at the right time. I would be quite happy to see it removed completely.
Well it's mostly it's use to obtain Trade discounts that interests me. Can be really quite lucrative on high value items such as drones, where the profit margin on a batch of drones can often be a million or more. Also gives me something productive to do while waiting for the freighter to arrive. All in favour of improving smalltalk, or replacing it with something better. However simply taking it out of the game without putting something in it's place just means there are fewer things for the player to do to influence the profitability of trading. For all smalltalk's flaws playing a pure Trade-based game without the option to obtain such discounts would be significantly less satisfying than it is at present - more waiting around for things to happen & fewer things to do to pass the time in a profitable manner.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 22. Jan 16, 03:37

Gwent is a real game, but these minigames miss the game part entirely.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Fri, 22. Jan 16, 04:13

Killjaeden wrote:2) overpowered miniature battleships with fighter speed termed "corvette"
This is nothing new.

X-BTF : X-perimental shuttle : OP
X-T : Perseus/X-perimental : OP
X2 : No real OP ship (as far as i remember), however most people say Argon Nova and Split Dragon were the best in the game

But yea, games like X shouldn't be designed around only a single/few ships as the "most powerful ships in the galaxy", all ships should have strengths and weaknesses. Also, no ship should be "player only" (well, except the x-perimental maybe), the player should be just like any other pilot in the universe, with the same kinds of ships like everyone else (again : unless you involve the x-perimental shuttle).

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 22. Jan 16, 09:07

Rei Ayanami wrote: X2 : No real OP ship (as far as i remember), however most people say Argon Nova and Split Dragon were the best in the game
Hah! You haven't heard of the Teladi Osprey, have you?
Let me tell you something: M2s are obsolete once you have an Osprey.

pja
x4

Post by pja » Fri, 22. Jan 16, 18:08

Rei Ayanami wrote: X2 : No real OP ship (as far as i remember), however most people say Argon Nova and Split Dragon were the best in the game
The X2 Dragon was a thing of beauty, I always bought one just to admire, even though I never quite got the hang of how use it and usually switched to an Osprey until I could afford a Titan. It wasn't so much the ships that were OP in X2 as the aoe weapons such as the ion disruptor and all versions of psg.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 22. Jan 16, 18:56

pja wrote:
The X2 Dragon was a thing of beauty, I always bought one just to admire, even though I never quite got the hang of how use it and usually switched to an Osprey until I could afford a Titan. It wasn't so much the ships that were OP in X2 as the aoe weapons such as the ion disruptor and all versions of psg.
Tend to agree with that - my favourite was the Hydra - IonD on the front, APSG turret on the back & a big hold full of missiles to lob at enemies when their shields went down, normally at absurdly short ranges (X2 Hydra was also quite fast).

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Sat, 23. Jan 16, 10:44

20) I don't want to see ANY space grannies / space nuns / Scarface / Quasimodo / Hazmat-suit / Ass-for-a-face NPC......EVER!

I found it highly refreshing that Egosoft used character models with, well more character. Instead of taking the easy route of gorgeous women with impossibly pneumatic breasts and men with superhero bodies, they instead chose models that I think of as more realistic.

I consider this a brave move on their part.

As someone who is nearer to 60 than 50 and who's partner is actually a grandmother it's a welcome change to see older women represented in a game. I also have a nephew who has suffered due to facial disfigurement. Therefore I don't mind having "Scarface" in the game either. This helps to remind me that space is a harsh and hostile environment.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”