Stuck in an elevator

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Fnord Lightbringer
x4

Stuck in an elevator

Post by Fnord Lightbringer » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 19:40

I have recently started to get stuck in lifts a lot.

I am in the lift and the door is closed, but moving the focus over the panel does nothing. No interaction possible.
If I have teleport researched, I can use that to move out, but now I started a new game and don't have teleport yet.
In fact I just tried the terran science assistant start, the one with the Rapier. I just did the early mission where you repair three satellites.
Then you dock on the big terran ship of Dr Feynman, talk to him, and then I can't leave the ship because the lift won't let me interact.

EDIT: If you have 34 minutes, you can save, (8 minutes), exit the game (3 minutes) and start X4 again (5 minutes) and then load the game you just saved (18 minutes). Then the lift controls work again.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Re: Stuck in an elevator

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 20:35

Just out of curiosity were you on a Terran or Pioneers station?
I am finding it occurs a lot on those too ..
.. But its an old problem devs cant fix without a reproducible situation, and generally when you make a save fortunately before it happens .. reload the save and the damn things work again.
See this topic, its been an issue for ages.
:goner: Laptop Dell G7 7590 : Win 10 x64
CPU - 9th Gen' Core I7 9750H 4.5ghz,
GPU - NVidia Geforce GTX 1650, VRAM 4gb GDDR5,
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 32gb (2x16gb Dual Channel) DDR4 2666mhz,
SSDs - Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVME 500gb + Dell 512gb SSDs' (both Internal)
X4 Installed on the 970 Evo Plus. :boron: Seeker of Sohnen.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 20:38

An old (game versions ago) workaround for this was to change view and back (F2 - F1). Does that help in this case? Does the problem fix itself after a save/reload cycle?

These are potential workarounds and intended to give more situational info for the devs; they are not offered as bug fixes.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

BaronVerde
x4

Post by BaronVerde » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 21:16

Fnord Lightbringer wrote:
Wed, 31. Mar 21, 19:40
EDIT: If you have 34 minutes, you can save, (8 minutes), exit the game (3 minutes) and start X4 again (5 minutes) and then load the game you just saved (18 minutes). Then the lift controls work again.
Does it take that long ? Sounds like some bytes need extra scrutiny. I don't have the fastest machine (I7 6700 3.4mhz, +/-2333 ram, harddisk 7000rpm), but it doesn't take a minute for startup. Loading may take one, idk. Save ~15 seconds currently, and exit is very fast, just a Segfault and it's over 8)

The elevator stuck problem, imo one of the more realistic aspects of the game :P , vanishes as soon as the first tier teleportation is researched.

Code: Select all

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”