But that’s not all! Today we are celebrating the release of X4: Cradle of Humanity, the second expansion for X4: Foundations. The expansion brings the X series back to Earth. It significantly expands the game universe with new sectors, and welcomes two Terran factions along with their economies, ships, weapons and stations. New gamestarts introduce players to the identities and political stances of the Terran factions, and offer alternative perspectives on events in the story of X4: Foundations. New storylines, with cutscenes and brand-new character models, will draw you deeper into the X-Universe and keep you enthralled.
We hope you have a great time with X4: Cradle of Humanity, and look forward to seeing and reading how you’re enjoying it. Feel free to leave a review for X4: Foundations and X4: Cradle of Humanity - reviews really help us a lot!
As for us, we're now moving on to the next round of planned additions to X4: Foundations. We'll be in touch, with more details on these next steps, in the not-too-distant future. Until then, have fun with X4: Foundations and X4: Cradle of Humanity!
*Update April 1st 2021*
Gregory wrote: ↑Thu, 1. Apr 21, 14:154.00 Hotfix 3 released
We're back with another hotfix for X4: Foundations 4.00 to deal with a couple of remaining issues, so that you can spend more time with the game over the Easter weekend.
Here's the changelog for X4: Foundations 4.00 Hotfix 3:
If you're using an RTX 30x0 series card to play X4: Foundations, then please make sure you download NVIDIA's latest GeForce Game Ready driver, released on March 30th.
- Improved collision detection, especially at high speeds.
- Fixed re-tasked NPC traders sometimes holding on to reservations for trades they are not going to complete.
- Fixed not seeing assigned trainees on HQ after relocating it to sector without training capabilities.
- Fixed player being able to easily board ships they've just sold.
- Fixed missile launchers not being available to Terran and Pioneer factions.
- Fixed license requirements for missile launchers and turrets.
- Fixed automatic buy/sell threshold calculation for intermediate wares with manual storage allocation.
- Fixed blacklist entries for certain sectors not being loaded after saving.
- Fixed incorrect Torus airlock state if players teleports unexpectedly.
- Fixed cases of mission ship being stuck in hazardous region during Second Assistant mission.
- Fixed target ship in Mutually Assured Destruction mission stopping for no apparent reason.
- Fixed Advanced Satellite deployment not registering in The Meeting story mission.
- Fixed From the Ashes mission not accepting Terran ship fabrication modules.
- Fixed Save Them From Themselves mission not ending if important character is no longer available when objective is completed.
- Fixed Hatikvah mission getting stuck when interrupting Dal during Teladi meeting.
- Fixed Operation Hyena Station construction failing to complete.
- Fixed Falx asking for impossible equipment loadout in Terran Deliver Fleet missions.
- Fixed Oberth not accepting antimatter cells in specific circumstances.
- Fixed Final Debrief not continuing when defending Saman from Pirates under specific circumstances.
- Fixed issues with Undercover Trader in Zyarth's Coffin story mission.
- Fixed NPC in Treacherous Shallows mission getting killed if station is destroyed before player starts conversation.
- Fixed Moreya gained in Astronauts, Champions, Truth Seekers mission remaining locked from pilot assignment after end of plot.
- Fixed missing reputation reward for A Heart for Pirates mission.
- Fixed encyclopedia entry selection when opening sector entries.
- Fixed targeting capital ships not unlocking weapon and thruster information in Encyclopedia.
- Fixed missing option to resume production if production module is marked for recycling or is hacked.
- Fixed Yaki station sometimes having no icon.
- Fixed several causes of crashes.
*Update March 19th 2021*
Gregory wrote: ↑Fri, 19. Mar 21, 15:224.00 Hotfix 1 released
The X4: Foundations 4.00 update and our new expansion X4: Cradle of Humanity have now been out for almost 3 days, and we can't thank you enough for the massive support you've been showing us. Concurrent player numbers are at their highest level since the release of the base game in November 2018, and we've been receiving fantastic feedback on a wide variety of game features. Thank you!
Having said that... it turns out that a few screws were still a little loose, especially in some of the plot missions, and we've been tightening them as quickly as we can for a new hotfix. Check out the changelog while you download the update:
To NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30xx Series GPU users
- Fixed sometimes not entering superhighways during travel mode.
- Fixed not being able to claim abandoned Rapier.
- Fixed Solborn Militia Outpost not respawning when destroyed.
- Fixed ship Silverback in Defenders of Sol mission getting stuck.
- Fixed Wartime Economics mission getting stuck in dialog cutscene when entering Savage Spur II with map open.
- Fixed ship delivery objective in Towards Distant Shores mission failing unintentionally.
- Fixed rescue ship in Terran gamestart Displaced mission sometimes being very far away.
- Fixed missing Argon dock blueprint for player during Displaced mission in Terran gamestarts.
- Fixed ship to escort in Escape Plan mission sometimes not moving to station.
- Fixed missions sometimes not continuing when saved and loaded during dialogue.
- Fixed Wartime Economics mission getting stuck if last Xenon flees instead of being destroyed.
- Fixed missing Preferred Build Method option for resupply ships.
- Fixed order icons in Object List and Property Owned menus not showing correct order when using Repeat Orders
- Fixed wrong station construction state in Station Build menu under certain circumstances.
- Fixed Encyclopedia errors if no engines are known.
- Fixed several causes of crashes.
If you are using a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30xx Series GPU, please make sure that you read this news article about possible "lost device" crashes. The NVIDIA driver hotfix is not availabe just yet, unfortunately, but progress is being made and we'll update you in a seperate news article as soon as the driver hotfix is available.
Once again, thank you for making this an amazing week! We hope you enjoy X4: Cradle of Humanity and the new features in the 4.00 update.
PS: If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our current Steam Midweek Madness sale with heavy discounts on most X Universe products. The sale will end later today.
*Update March 23rd 2021*
Gregory wrote: ↑Fri, 26. Mar 21, 13:204.00 Hotfix 2 released
Just ten days after the release of our big update and the new expansion, we're pushing out another hotfix for X4: Foundations 4.00 to deal with a few leftover issues, especially in stories and missions. Here's the full changelog for X4: Foundations 4.00 Hotfix 2:
Note to GeForce RTX 30 Series GPU users
- Fixed certain ship models not being claimable in person.
- Fixed population information from terraforming getting lost when loading savegame.
- Fixed missing description for Sealed Vacuum Tubes.
- Fixed Terran Fleet Delivery Missions requesting impossible ship setup.
- Fixed Defenders of Sol mission getting stuck on Approach: Erratic Miner objective under specific circumstances.
- Fixed Final Debrief mission issues with mission relevant characters potentially dying too soon.
- Fixed War of Intervention mission guidance breaking under specific circumstances.
- Fixed End of Terrorism objective pointing to station instead of signal leaks.
- Fixed various issues in Covert Operations mission.
- Fixed War of Intervention mission not containing reward.
- Fixed A Pirate's Trail mission getting stuck if enemy ships are defeated before player arrives.
- Fixed data leaks sometimes spawning in centre of station during Pioneer gamestart mission.
- Fixed target ship in Mutually Assured Destruction mission staying invincible after getting attacked by player.
- Fixed Astronauts, Champions, Truth Seekers mission getting stuck if hidden ship is captured before objective is set.
- Fixed objective guidance sometimes not appearing for The Meeting mission.
- Fixed player getting stuck inside Silverback during Defenders of Sol mission.
- Fixed Operation Hyena not progressing when player already owns station in specified Argon space.
- Fixed Wartime Economics mission getting stuck in Savage Spur II under specific circumstances.
- Fixed cases of Second Assistant mission getting stuck when placing Nav Beacons in hazardous region.
- Fixed story getting stuck when escaping out of conversations with Rick Feynman during Double Assistant mission.
- Fixed What is Best in Life achievement not being unlocked for players who completed Make War not Peace mission during beta.
- Fixed sector trade offer graph in Encyclopedia showing Sell instead of Buy for buy offers in mouse-over texts.
- Fixed broken shopping list in Ship Configuration menu after returning from Encyclopedia.
- Fixed broken mouse picking on Map after setting trade ware filter.
- Fixed Energy Cell production module efficiency claiming sunlight effect as workforce.
- Fixed ships of wrong size offered when requesting ships at ship consoles.
- Fixed covered ships not showing up in Undock menu.
- Fixed Crew Transfer menu for player-owned shipyards.
- Fixed dropdown selections appearing to reset to initial value after scrolling.
- Fixed main weapon on Asgard being destroyed.
- Fixed Terran medium turrets vanishing when destroyed.
- Fixed freeze when using Go To Ship on ship belonging to another faction that is docked at object also belonging to another faction.
- Fixed freeze when doing Long Range Scan near extremely complex station.
- Fixed several causes of crashes.
We'd also like to take this opportunity to remind you again about the GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 462.07 that was released by NVIDIA earlier this week. If can be found downloaded here, and addresses the "lost device" crashes some GeForce RTX 30 Series GPU users may have experienced.
Please use NVIDIA's Display Driver Feedback Form if you still experience issues after updating to the new hotfix driver.