What is "Automatic Resupply"?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SpocksBrain

What is "Automatic Resupply"?

Post by SpocksBrain » Sun, 23. Jun 19, 05:42

I searched the game and forum and haven't found a suitable answer
to this.

Under "SHIP INFORMATION", "DEFAULT BEHAVIOUR" there is a check
box. "AUTOMATIC RESUPPLY", "USE GLOBAL SETTING". If unchecked
it gives the following options:

Off
Low
Medium
High

What do these mean? What does this do?

Thx

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: What is "Automatic Resupply"?

Post by j.harshaw » Sun, 23. Jun 19, 12:37

Just wrote up a section in the manual last week. Feedback and comments welcome.

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... pply+Ships

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 23. Jun 19, 22:04

This article shows many flaws with the system as currently implemented. A lot of the article is devoted to manual resupply, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a supply ship to do things automatically. In fact explaining how to manually buy resources for your resupply ship seems pointless since anyone able to afford a Resupply Ship will already know how to do this by that stage of progression. It should still be mentioned but it should be a last resort for a player who desperately needs resources on that ship.

For example if you park a resupply ship in a sector one would want it to automatically offer its services while buying the wares it needs with buy offers. Currently one can only kind of get this if it is attached to a wing operating in that sector. Even then the Wing must be parked otherwise ships may have issues docking for resupply at it since they cannot dock at moving ships when in low attention.

Then there is also no control over what is resupplied. Outside of scout ships the only reason one would resupply is because a ship ran out of missiles while deployed in sector. AI ships do not need to resupply mines because I have never seen an AI ship drop one in combat, raising the question why they stock so many of those valuable things all the time. One might want ships to resupply ships with specific loadouts to suit their purposes. For example I want my destroyers to only get Heavy Swarm Missile as they are my missile of choice.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Mon, 24. Jun 19, 18:07

j.harshaw wrote:
Sun, 23. Jun 19, 12:37

Very much appreciated, thank you very much. Exactly what I was waiting for. :D

@Imperial Good
That's what I did not understand. The tutorial only mentions "low/medium/high" equipment but there is no further explanation into that. I would expect a ship to try to reequip its original player-made loadout. However, it is never anywhere mentioned if this is the case or not. It would be helpful to know if my expectation differs from reality.
I was searching everywhere ingame if I can somehow set the three loadout options at least manually globally. Maybe it is randomized? I just don't know.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Tue, 25. Jun 19, 11:42

j.harshaw wrote:
Sun, 23. Jun 19, 12:37

Is there a way to limit the ships to only buy at owned factories (= self sufficient fleets)?
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

temporis
x4

Post by temporis » Wed, 15. Apr 20, 11:48

[/quote]
Is there a way to limit the ships to only buy at owned factories (= self sufficient fleets)?
[/quote]

You can prepare a black list for military ships in global parameters and assign it to fleet.

Return to “X4: Foundations”