[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

anithadixon

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO)

Post by anithadixon » Wed, 11. Sep 19, 07:50

This mod didn't work well.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 12. Sep 19, 14:50

anithadixon wrote:
Wed, 11. Sep 19, 07:50
This mod didn't work well.
This is very informative, thank you
On a serious note - what didn't work?

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Thu, 12. Sep 19, 16:39

I have problem, i dont know if it is related to this mod. It seems i cant build gorgon sentinel from hop wharf. It just stays in queue forever (even though i feed the sation hull parts like crazy) and NPC ships always get ahead in queue.

Another crazy thing is that a gorgon sentinel requires about 1300 Hull part which is crazy considering wharf can only hold 8k hull part in the storage :s

Anyone else has this problem?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 13. Sep 19, 11:42

Warnoise wrote:
Thu, 12. Sep 19, 16:39
I have problem, i dont know if it is related to this mod. It seems i cant build gorgon sentinel from hop wharf. It just stays in queue forever (even though i feed the sation hull parts like crazy) and NPC ships always get ahead in queue.

Another crazy thing is that a gorgon sentinel requires about 1300 Hull part which is crazy considering wharf can only hold 8k hull part in the storage :s

Anyone else has this problem?
This is not related to VRO.
Hopefully it should be fixed in 2.6, you can try it in beta now.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 14. Sep 19, 11:56

Weird question but does this make any changes to boarding? Besides invul M turrets I mean.

I took over a phoenix this morning using just a disco vanguard and a single marine... all their crew but one gradually ejected and flew away while I sat under it ion-shotgunning various components, while he was sitting on its hull in the pre-breach phase. Then I cancelled the other ships that were (slowly) arriving and he took it alone.

idk if that's some obscure vanilla thing or what but I haven't taken any ships quite like that before.
***modified***

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 14. Sep 19, 12:44

LameFox wrote:
Sat, 14. Sep 19, 11:56
Weird question but does this make any changes to boarding? Besides invul M turrets I mean.

I took over a phoenix this morning using just a disco vanguard and a single marine... all their crew but one gradually ejected and flew away while I sat under it ion-shotgunning various components, while he was sitting on its hull in the pre-breach phase. Then I cancelled the other ships that were (slowly) arriving and he took it alone.

idk if that's some obscure vanilla thing or what but I haven't taken any ships quite like that before.
As far as I know this is Vanilla behavior, VRO does no changes to boarding or crew capacities at all.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 20. Sep 19, 23:58

How the hell do I kill a M xenon with a pulsar :lol:

Im dead after a couple of hits :oops:

Deeparth
x3ap

Post by Deeparth » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 21:12

I'm unable to target missile turrets on capital ships. Is that intentional? It's causing me to be unable to board if I set the target effectiveness to weak.
How do I destroy the missile turrets? Is it even possible or do I make it use up all its missiles? How will that work on actual combat capitals?

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 21:26

Question does your mod work with the Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod if it works there is something bothering me when i try to build one off the raiders ships all the slots for weapons are empty https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1871853280

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 25. Sep 19, 02:11

Deeparth wrote:
Tue, 24. Sep 19, 21:12
I'm unable to target missile turrets on capital ships. Is that intentional? It's causing me to be unable to board if I set the target effectiveness to weak.
How do I destroy the missile turrets? Is it even possible or do I make it use up all its missiles? How will that work on actual combat capitals?
All M turrets are not destructible, this was made to combat vanilla bug that leads to destruction of all turrets in OOS combat fast leaving L ships defenseless.
Bording is a bit harder with this, yes, but L ships are more powerful in VRO, so you may need to work harder, use more ships for boarding or make them deplete all the ammunition.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 25. Sep 19, 02:13

Thecrippler wrote:
Tue, 24. Sep 19, 21:26
Question does your mod work with the Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod if it works there is something bothering me when i try to build one off the raiders ships all the slots for weapons are empty https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1871853280
It should work as far as im aware, but it will be very unbalanced. As for the bug in your screenshot - this is really weird, there is nothing in VRO that should cause this, it seems to me like a problem with ashipmod installation. Do you have Win 7 maybe?

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Wed, 25. Sep 19, 04:25

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 25. Sep 19, 02:13
Thecrippler wrote:
Tue, 24. Sep 19, 21:26
It should work as far as im aware, but it will be very unbalanced. As for the bug in your screenshot - this is really weird, there is nothing in VRO that should cause this, it seems to me like a problem with ashipmod installation. Do you have Win 7 maybe?
yes am win 7 and yes i install the mod in to the right document and i did a fresh installation on the mods

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 26. Sep 19, 18:37

Is there a way to disable the sound effects? They are too overwhelmingly spacey for my taste. :)

On a side note: This mod seems to override some improvements and bugfixes from 2.6. My fleet ships are not moving in formation anymore with this mod enabled.

Code: Select all

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 
This is Tamina. Copy Tamina to your signature to help her achieve world domination.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 27. Sep 19, 02:05

Tamina wrote:
Thu, 26. Sep 19, 18:37
Is there a way to disable the sound effects? They are too overwhelmingly spacey for my taste. :)

On a side note: This mod seems to override some improvements and bugfixes from 2.6. My fleet ships are not moving in formation anymore with this mod enabled.
VRO does not change any AI scripts or scripts at all, i do not see a way how it can impact formations.
There is a slight chance that disable boost can somehow impact this, but I will need to test it or other people to report.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Fri, 27. Sep 19, 09:46

Is there a weapon rebalance module only? (without the no boost and invulnerable M turrets)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”