How to open doors when walking around a station using Xbox controller?

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cowpux1

How to open doors when walking around a station using Xbox controller?

Post by Cowpux1 » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 02:48

How do we do that?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 08:39

Usable doors probably open automatically once you are in front of them like classic X Rebirth, which also has some doors that never open.

Some XRVR doors are different in that they start shut and only open if there missions that require the player to meet and NPC on the other side. I presume they automatically open in such circumstances too.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 14:02

In the non-VR version, there are a very few doors that will require you to activate a switch next to them. I guess they should still exist in VR. I can't remember if they are in DeVries or Albion stations.

The switch should be pretty obvious. (Blue pad similar to the one you use to re-enter the skunk.)

Otherwise, doors that don't open on their own are usually dead ends.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 14:10

Oops, good point about those buttons...

Cowpux1

Post by Cowpux1 » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 15:50

Hi,

Thanks for the responses. Ezarkal, when you say blue pad, are you referring to the blue button on the Xbox controller. I must say, I initially tried playing this game using a joystick and voice attack and it was pretty much unplayable. Now that I got used to using the Xbox controller and voice attack, this game is very playable!

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 15:56

Another player has helpfully suggested trying Target lock (Dpad up) and Interaction (Button A) on the off chance you've not had a chance to get.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 16:59

Cowpux1 wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the responses. Ezarkal, when you say blue pad, are you referring to the blue button on the Xbox controller. I must say, I initially tried playing this game using a joystick and voice attack and it was pretty much unplayable. Now that I got used to using the Xbox controller and voice attack, this game is very playable!
No, it's in the game.
However, it's not frequent. I think it's only found in DeVries.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 19:38

just to ensure we are talking about the same things.

we are talking about the interactive panels, interfaces and buttons like the thing to interact with when one wants to enter the skunks cockpit (without using the shift + d shortcut) ?

if this is the case you can simply interact with them with your normal "interact button".

on mouse / keyboard it would be the f (?) key... or a simple left click.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”