only got one game of the "gold edition" when registering serial in steam

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

halfmosh136

only got one game of the "gold edition" when registering serial in steam

Post by halfmosh136 » Wed, 6. Apr 16, 22:57

Hi,

I once bought the German version of "X³ Gold Edition" that comes with X³ Terran Conflict and X³ Reunion.
A couple of days ago I tried to register the serial number that came along with it in Steam. However, I only got X3TC. The other game is not available for download.

I complained at Steam support and they confirmed that my serial number was only valid for X3TC and that I should contact Egosoft.

Where do I get a valid serial number for Reunion??
I bought the game!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7137407/x3.JPG

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 6. Apr 16, 23:05

You can't. I'm pretty sure that TC is the only game that you can register a disk version in Steam. X2 and X3R don't qualify for the free Steam versions.
Having an Acronym Attack? See the Ego FAQ. Also now for Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude.
NOT an Egosoft employee.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 6. Apr 16, 23:12

The short answer is that you cannot get it free from Steam. What you bought included a DVD version only for X3R.

The subsequent Steam transition offer was exclusively to allow X3TC disk-based users (from whatever package) to get the Steam X3TC version free to allow them to access and download the (then) Steam-only X3AP game.

No such offer was made for any of the earlier games or other complete multi-game packages apart from the rather special case of the SuperBox. Please see this FAQ.

You can now probably pick up an X3R download very cheaply on Steam or GOG.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”