New HUD with... new features. =)
I maintained the general look because it's well... functional.
Just slightly resized and rearranged buttons where needed.
Compatible with X3 v2.5 and XTM 0.71b (and most likely with later versions)
- removed some completely useless lines from the HUD and Autopilot display
- Info about missile stats is given right on the HUD.
Info is represented as 3 "power" bars below the missile picture.
3. Blast radius
Displays for damage and blast radius are not linear. This is not possible when one missile does 200 and another 1250000 damage...
- Laser "pictures" that *I* can memorize. Those gun icons look all alike to me.
- Ship class symbols all cleaned up for crisper display. There was a lot of "grit" in those which made them look somewhat blurred.
- Laser Energy / Ammo bar easier to see now and displacement fixed. It used to be only part of the length of a laser button.
While not a major issue it was... misaligned. Can't have that.
- increased visibility for the missile warning. (I hardly ever noticed it before =)
- Bigger, more intuitive icons / buttons for which turret you are in.
- new radar. Well, sorta new. It's a true classic that I just had to have back. =)
- In XTM not all missiles will show stats. Those are the one's you can't buy anyway. They only show generic pictures for what type of missile they are. (Technical issue - sorry =)
Symbols for missile attributes:
>>>>> Download Basic Mod<<<<<
>>>>> Download XTM Patch<<<<< (For XTM you need both)
File is a zipped fake patch file # 12. (+ #13 with XTM)
Usually you copy it into the X3 main folder and that's all.
If that would overwrite some file there - rename it so it does not.
If you need the XTM patch, make sure that it's a higher CAT number than the base patch.
Note that I had to mod TMissiles.txt to get this to work.
I used a Vanilla 2.5 (XTM 0.71b) file as a base.
However, I could not fully resist to change stats. The dumbfire missiles are still not very easy to use but they are at least situational now and better than 100 % worthless.
(Increased damage, blast radius, speed (little) of the Firefly, Dragonfly, Aurora)
Real dumbfire rockets or iron bombs are often stronger than their intelligent and guided brothers simply because they are not burdened with any complicated guidance and flight control systems.
They just blow up but they are experts at that job.