Attack All Enemies... by Gazz v0.51
(ZIP + SPK)
This script upgrades 3 Egosoft combat scripts.
These files are not overwritten so the script can be uninstalled without fuss.
* Attack all enemies
* Attack all enemies and land
* Attack one enemy and land
- * To find a target a patrol craft scans it's immediate surroundings
* ... then it's maximum scanner range
* ... then taps into the satellite network and scans all areas covered by Advanced Satellites.
* If you see it, so does your local patrol. No more holding hands.
(Like dooood, that's why we have satellites for!)
* If a fighter can not detect enemies and returns to it's Homebase it will use a docking computer if installed.
It will fly towards the carrier without slowing down and dock instantly. Just like a player would.
* If it can not dock with it's Homebase when it arrives (all docking bays full) it will switch to Protect.
This way your fighters at least stay with the carrier and don't get lost somewhere.
Previously, the standard action was to stop dead in space and... wait.
* Suicide prevention.
Ships are sorted into 3 categories.
The order of preferred target selection is:
Cap ships: M1, M2: attack cap ships, medium, small, stationary ships, stations
Medium ships: M6, M7, TL: attack medium, small, stationary ships, stations
Small ships: Fighters attack small, stationary ships
This last part still needs tweaking in case your ships are attacked by a heavier target. They do not fight back, yet.
But anyway, they probably wouldn't win if they did. =P
It does no rearming / refueling but merely makes the standard scripts useful.
If an M6 is patrolling a sector with complexes and pirates show up on the satellite scan, I can bloody well expect this M6 to take care of them. Right?
Landing computer use has been a pet peeve of mine for along time. I finally got it right to the point where the ships approach their target at full tilt boogie and dock.
No hanging or waiting scripts any more, as I've sometimes seen with -eni-'s (very good!) Command Upgrade script.
Since this script only controls target selection and returning to base you can still link it to one of the improved Pilot AI scripts for the actual fighting part.
It's just one script call.
Delete the script files or hit Disable in Cycrow's Mod Manager.
The normal Egosoft scripts will reappear the next time you load the game.
Script only available as SPK because this one is automatically overwritten by the old Egosoft commands as soon as it's disabled.
T-Page ID: 7030
Task ID (ships): 7030
Logfile (if enabled): 7030
No (user) command buttons or wares used since it replaces the corresponding old commands.
0.51 First release. No bugs!