Mark your calendars: two upcoming live shows with Bernd

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Mark your calendars: two upcoming live shows with Bernd

Post by Gregory » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 18:00

Attention, pilots! Get ready for more insight into our upcoming expansion X4: Kingdom End and the massive free 6.00 update. Our Managing Director, Bernd Lehahn, will be appearing as a guest on two live streams this month to give you all the details.

First, join Bernd on February 13 at 7pm CET (6pm UTC / 1pm EST / 10am PST) in the Gamestar "Find Your Next Game" show for a German-language show.
Then, on February 24 at 2pm CET (1pm UTC / 8am EST / 5am PST), tune in to Captain Collins on Twitch for an English-language show with Bernd.

Don't miss out on the chance to hear directly from Bernd about these exciting new developments, and ask your questions in chat! Mark your calendars and set your reminders now!

Haven't heard about 6.00 yet? Be sure to check out our news on the 6.00 public beta launch. There you can find out what our new physics engine and our heavily improved graphics engine in 6.00 are all about.

What?
Live Interview / Chat with Egosoft Managing Director Bernd Lehahn about X4 6.00 and X4: Kingdom End
When?
(German) February 13, 2023, 7pm CET at https://www.twitch.tv/monstersandexplosions (VOD --> https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1737132459?t=1h6m52s)
(English) February 24, 2023, 2pm CET at https://www.twitch.tv/captaincollins

X4: Kingdom End @ Steam
X4: Kingdom End @ GOG
YouTube: XLOG 📢 X4 in 2023: Update 6.00 explained - X4: Kingdom End gameplay scenes
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

chew-ie
x4

Re: Mark your calendars: two upcoming live shows with Bernd

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 18:09

On my mark... ehrr... :oops: marked :mrgreen:

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

ZeroAffex
x4

Post by ZeroAffex » Wed, 8. Feb 23, 03:30

Yep! Drew a big "X4" on my calendar. Can't wait to have a chance to hang out with the legends Bernd and Captain Collins on the 24th! Already working on some of the things I'd like to ask but aside from that am just excited to hear what all is going on right now behind the scenes and gaining more insight as to what to expect coming up. Really appreciate everyone involved on making this happen. Love you guys so much <3 Keep up the great work everyone. I know I am super appreciative of all you do for our enjoyment and get butterflies in my tummy when thinking about what all the future holds for X4. Exciting times. Let the hype begin! haha :D Take care!

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :lol:
The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. -Frank Herbert

Dj_FRedy
x4

Post by Dj_FRedy » Wed, 8. Feb 23, 08:52

I love the emphasis at the end of the notice, so that the last one doesn't come and ask, 'What is this notice?' It will be difficult for me to understand anything on the 13 of February, unless they subtitle it somehow in English, if I don't have a good handle on Shakespeare's language already, imagine German... Anyway, we are getting closer and closer to D-Day :boron:
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 8. Feb 23, 08:56

Dj_FRedy wrote:
Wed, 8. Feb 23, 08:52
I love the emphasis at the end of the notice, so that the last one doesn't come and ask, 'What is this notice?' It will be difficult for me to understand anything on the 13 of February, unless they subtitle it somehow in English, if I don't have a good handle on Shakespeare's language already, imagine German... Anyway, we are getting closer and closer to D-Day :boron:
Believe me - the do "come" nevertheless. It's a Beißreflex at this point.

Spoiler
Show

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Mon, 13. Feb 23, 15:32

I know what a Boron is, what i want to hear about are the new physics and graphics engine. Anyway, calendar checked!
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 13. Feb 23, 19:08

I'm watching it right now and the ship and station models looks mindblowing!

Edit:

Dat Boron hangar/wharf - like Terran hangar module, but even better!

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Mon, 13. Feb 23, 19:26

They look very distinct and spacious. Carrier has a hole in the side for entry for even the M dock, making it covered unlike vast majority of M pads.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 13. Feb 23, 19:32

I hope they will use this model for a wharf as well.

I was really dissapoined to find that Terran hangar is just a landing module, while wharf was just the vanilla wharf model with the reskin :(

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 13. Feb 23, 20:39

is there any way to watch the stream later?
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Stingads_Gsöchts
x4

Post by Stingads_Gsöchts » Mon, 13. Feb 23, 20:55

Awesome... I guess. Twitch is great. No obvious way to go back in the livestream to watch parts you missed. So yeah. maybe next time. :sceptic:
Cockpits!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 13. Feb 23, 21:09

People need to use their eyes and brain - twich is similar to Youtube - you click on account name --> videos for archive.

X4 at 1:07:00:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1737132459

Stingads_Gsöchts
x4

Post by Stingads_Gsöchts » Mon, 13. Feb 23, 21:27

Thanks. That's not exactly intuitive. Following the link in the op does not allow to select parts of the video. Selecting the channel I'm already in, then the video I was just watching to get it to work is... well. fine. Why easy when you can make it unnecessarily complicated. And Twitch isn't even German...
Cockpits!

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Fri, 24. Feb 23, 11:12

:!: Reminder
Gregory wrote:
Tue, 7. Feb 23, 18:00
Then, on February 24 at 2pm CET (1pm UTC / 8am EST / 5am PST), tune in to Captain Collins on Twitch for an English-language show with Bernd.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 24. Feb 23, 14:33

Bernd confirmed on CaptainCollins stream that Boron ships are not compactibile with other race equipment/weapons and vice versa.

I think this is good and interesting choice as it will make Boron ships and equipment far more distinct - no more copy/paste I hope :)

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 24. Feb 23, 15:24

@mr.WHO

Indeed - interesting and nice they went that route. I totally didn't expect that. :o

Spoiler
Show

ZeroAffex
x4

Post by ZeroAffex » Fri, 24. Feb 23, 15:36

Had a great time watching the interview with Bernd Lehahn and Captain Collins and some of the Egosoft crew that was in chat! Thanks to everyone who made this possible and big thanks to Egosoft for all the hard work on X4 over the years. The Boron DLC has me overly excited, especially hearing that there is new music for it from Alexei Zakharov along with everything else! I also love the pink/purple Boron suits I must say.. O M G adorable and the ships/stations are looking utterly fantastic, all of it oozes quality, love and passion. Keep up the amazing work everyone! Love you all and hope you and yours have a wonderful weekend! Looking forward to the next time we have an opportunity to hang out with Bernd and the Egosoft crew. Really made my day! Farewell!
Last edited by ZeroAffex on Fri, 24. Feb 23, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. -Frank Herbert

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 24. Feb 23, 15:36

Another highlight from Bernd that there will be one Terraforming project added to DLC area.

My prediction is that it's most likely in Boron DLC, rather than one of previous 3.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 24. Feb 23, 16:00

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 24. Feb 23, 15:36
Another highlight from Bernd that there will be one Terraforming project added to DLC area.

My prediction is that it's most likely in Boron DLC, rather than one of previous 3.
Pretty sure he ment the [Boron] DLC area and not to the area of previous DLCs :)

MFG

Ketraar

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 24. Feb 23, 16:03

I'm a bit salty that we still miss terraforming for vanilla Paranids, but also for Split and Terran.

Return to “X4: Foundations”