X3: Farnham's Legacy - 1.2 update now available

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

X3: Farnham's Legacy - 1.2 update now available

Post by Gregory » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 11:48

Today we have released another update for X3: Farnham's Legacy. Developed by a dedicated community team, the 1.2 update is now available for download. It comes with numerous improvements and bug fixes; you can find the complete list of changes on our forum.

Since the release of X3: Farnham's Legacy, a month and a half ago, Egosoft and the project team have received lots of positive feedback about the game, for which we are very grateful.

We would like to thank everyone who has purchased the X3: Farnham's Legacy Donation Pack. As previously announced, we are donating the proceeds from this Donation Pack to Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders. This week Egosoft has rounded up the accumulated total and has donated the sum of 2,500 euros.

The X3: Farnham's Legacy Donation Pack will remain available to purchase until August 31st, 2021, allowing you to thank the project team for their work and to do a good deed at the same time. Of course, you can also donate directly to Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders through their website.

The 1.2 update concludes our development work on this free community project, though we do still intend to find time to create a Linux build of the game in the not too distant future. Don’t forget that X3: Farnham's Legacy opens up many new avenues for potential modding projects, and we look forward to seeing what you come up with! Take a look at the "Scripts and Modding" subforum for X3: Farnham's Legacy for inspiration.

We would like to thank everyone who has been involved in the project over the past five years, and who has helped turn a crazy idea into a reality.

Thank you for your support and have fun with X3: Farnham's Legacy!
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Re: X3: Farnham's Legacy - 1.2 update now available

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 01:23

I'm guessing that
Gregory wrote:
Wed, 16. Jun 21, 11:48
The 1.2 update concludes our development work on this free community project, though we do still intend to find time to create a Linux build of the game in the not too distant future
means there will be no new features, but there /will/ be sporadic bugfixes etc?
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 12:35

Is a new game start suggested for this update?
NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:A wasp can sting you and that just hurts, a hundred stings can be fatal.. and that's before you consider most wasps don't come armed with flamethrowers.
Former Commanding Officer of "Hellbound Handbasket" M7 Panther light Carrier in the mighty fleet of Admiral Leo 'Steve' Kayean.

Overlord

Post by Overlord » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 00:28

Since the new update my game crashes 5 min after loading no matter what I do in game I there any way I can get around this I have 800 plus hours in this game don't really want to start fresh if I can avoid it. Also thank u to everyone who made this game I really do love it :)

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 11:41

You need to provide much more detailed info. Starting with your specs, if you have mods and if the crash happens randomly or on specific actions.

Also share your save please so we can have a look.

MFG

Ketraar

Turmfalke2

Post by Turmfalke2 » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 20:53

Gregory wrote:
though we do still intend to find time to create a Linux build of the game in the not too distant future.
Very much looking forward to this, anyway I can get notified when this happens?

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sun, 20. Jun 21, 22:54

Gregory wrote:
The 1.2 update concludes our development work
Does this mean bug reports are no longer useful? It would be good to have a decisive answer so I don't waste time preparing them.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 20. Jun 21, 23:24

We will continue tracking bugs reported in the forum in our internal bug tracker. If we get a chance to release another update, we will fix bugs with it.

What will certainly happen is the addition of further localisations which people are already working on.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”