[MOD] Better Kill Credit 1.32

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gramston
x4

Re: [MOD] Better Kill Credit 1.2

Post by Gramston » Sat, 17. Oct 20, 22:25

No solution yet for annoying video messages? Video messages arrive constantly even when out of the sector and freeze the game constantly ... It is a shame that this mod has to be uninstalled because the author does not answer (is silent) to this question so repeatedly claimed ...

Gramston
x4

Post by Gramston » Wed, 11. Nov 20, 02:53

Possible solution for annoying video messages:
Copy into file ... Notifications.xml
... the next string ...

<!-- Remove thanks messages for station defence -->
<remove sel="//cue[@name='IllegalActivityRewardConv']/actions/do_else/add_npc_line"></remove>

Extracted from mod ...
No Ranks Thanks or Tannoys
Created by z1p
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... escription

z1ppeh
x4

Post by z1ppeh » Wed, 18. Nov 20, 03:27

Gramston wrote:
Wed, 11. Nov 20, 02:53
Possible solution for annoying video messages:
Copy into file ... Notifications.xml
... the next string ...

<!-- Remove thanks messages for station defence -->
<remove sel="//cue[@name='IllegalActivityRewardConv']/actions/do_else/add_npc_line"></remove>

Extracted from mod ...
No Ranks Thanks or Tannoys
Created by z1p
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... escription
DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 8. Jun 20, 20:11
Why is it that I now always get these messages? It was also possible before. And other mods that suppress messages, I still have "Silence" running (no tones for incoming messages) - but that has always worked well with "Better Kill Kredits".
Hi All,

Without rewriting a fair chunk of the notifications.xml there is no way to ignore the comm itself that the player gets for station defence(now opened up from this mod to include EVERY ship that provides station defence across your galaxy). You can however make it an instant closed comm if you remove the lines (as Gramston has stated from my little mod). The annoying part is that a comm must take place for the start/end_convo stuff to kick in...

Once 4.0 is out the way I will rewrite it so the comm doesn't even need to take place (the new BBS system should be enough for that rather than an annoying comm)

|K.O.S.H.
x3tc

Post by |K.O.S.H. » Fri, 12. Mar 21, 20:26

Mysterial wrote:
Mon, 1. Apr 19, 18:17
Receive kill credit rewards from owned ships you aren't piloting and receive rewards for contributing to large ship kills even if you don't get the final shot. Now you can make some decent cash by helping out a faction with a defense fleet.

Download Here
Also available on Steam Workshop

When you are not in the vicinity of the ship that was destroyed, the video message thanking you will be suppressed, but a message will be added to the log with the amount rewarded. Note that you still have to have the police license to receive the higher and sector-wide rewards.

This extension works with the invasion reward effect of my Faction Enhancer mod, so you can send in your remote ships to assist in an invasion and get paid.

Changes in v1.3:
  • Fixed some rare edge cases that could cause kill credit to not be assigned correctly
Changes in v1.2:
  • Fixed a case where sometimes when a non-player ship kills an enemy OOS near a friendly station, the station defense part of the rewards wouldn't be granted (the smaller reward that doesn't need a police license)
Changes in v1.1:
  • Fixed credit not being consistently given for OOS player owned ship kills

The first (non-steam) link does not work, because it uses http.
if you edit it to https, it works
Wing Commander Mod - German Topic
06.07.11 - v1.1 RELEASED!

chh2tx
x4

Post by chh2tx » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 20:20

Has anyone confirmed if this is working with 4.0?

illinaru
x3ap

Post by illinaru » Sun, 19. Dec 21, 12:34

chh2tx wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 20:20
Has anyone confirmed if this is working with 4.0?
yes working nice on 4.20

abisha1980
x4

Re: [MOD] Better Kill Credit 1.31

Post by abisha1980 » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 10:16

it do not work in 5.0 Beta 2

at least not that i see
Retail investor, η+18,9% 2022 (η+7.1% 2023) (η+0,74 2024) 95% in bonds.
Young people don't be freaking stupid invest also (not in BTC but in real stocks)

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Better Kill Credit 1.32

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 1. Apr 22, 16:57

Updated to address compatibility issues with the 5.1 beta. Should still work fine with 5.0.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 1. Apr 22, 17:21

Thanks for the update. Must have mod! :)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 30. Oct 23, 15:56

Hi,

Still a must-have mod, but it seems it's not working quite right in the current game version.

May I direct you to the Steam Workshop comments, someone identifies the issue there Steam Workshop link

Cheers.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 30. Oct 23, 19:14

People tell me it's not working after literally every patch and it almost always still is when I test it in my game. Just to be sure, I checked again and there were no issues locally.

I assume there is some other commonly used mod that has an unintuitive conflict. Or maybe people don't understand that it bundles up rewards (as does the base game) so you sometimes don't get the results until after fighting has ended.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 31. Oct 23, 16:21

Mysterial wrote:
Mon, 30. Oct 23, 19:14
People tell me it's not working after literally every patch and it almost always still is when I test it in my game. Just to be sure, I checked again and there were no issues locally.

I assume there is some other commonly used mod that has an unintuitive conflict. Or maybe people don't understand that it bundles up rewards (as does the base game) so you sometimes don't get the results until after fighting has ended.
Oh, apologies. I was having some issues in-game and queried it, asking if it was perhaps a mod conflict. It was then I was pointed towards the comments (the ones I linked) suggesting this needed updating for the latest game version.

Basically, the issue I personally had was that sometimes kills by my ships were not being counted in certain missions. However, I speculated that this might be down to the missions being added by a mod, rather than being a vanilla mission.

I'm using the Star Wars Interworlds mod, which I used in prior (v5.1) game versions too, but the version for v6.x (SWI version 7.x) only released recently.

From what you're saying, I suspect my original assumption was correct, and it's an incompatibility with the new mission type offered in SWI. Basically, that mission only sums up kills by ME, not including those by my assets. I can bring this up in the Discord of course, but you're saying there's no credence to the suggested "wrong / obsolete" method in the comments?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 1. Nov 23, 04:23

Scoob wrote:
Tue, 31. Oct 23, 16:21
you're saying there's no credence to the suggested "wrong / obsolete" method in the comments?
I can't think of any reason why it would matter; the result of the change on Egosoft's end was to make it so that MORE information is available in the kill events, not less (most notably, the object's commander)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 1. Nov 23, 13:58

Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 1. Nov 23, 04:23
I can't think of any reason why it would matter; the result of the change on Egosoft's end was to make it so that MORE information is available in the kill events, not less (most notably, the object's commander)
OK. I will say though, I was doing a regular "Demonstrate our presence" last night and despite many kills by me and my ships, and plenty of "thanks for the help" messages, I didn't get any money or rep reward, which was a bit weird. I think all I can say is that things seems a little inconsistent, compared to what I was used to. Could still well be some sort of conflict of course. It's just odd that during this same game, I've had many rewards (money and rep) from the actions of my ships.

I'll just have to pay closer attention, it's just gotten less simple now I have lots of ships with lots going on. I'll try to engineer some specific situations where I manually order ships to do stuff and observe the outcome.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”