1. Generate a galaxy with the level of fog you want, and whether or not you want space dust particles. For this example, let's assume you picked the average level, and named your galaxy 'fog_preset2'.
2. Go into the 'mayhem_galaxies\fog_preset2\addon\types' folder.
3. Copy the file 'TBackgrounds.txt' and paste it to 'mayhem_galaxies\YOUR_GALAXY\addon\types', assuming 'YOUR_GALAXY' is the name of the galaxy you want your new fog in.
4. Launch YOUR_GALAXY from the Galaxy Generator. Note that the Fog slider and the Use space particles checkbox will not be updated.
You can change fog preset values by editing the file 'mayhem_data\fog_presets.json':
- minFog and maxFog are a percentage of the final fog amount defined randomly between these two values for each sector.
- fadeOutStopFactor is a factor that defines the visual distance at which objects disappear when your View Distance setting is set to Medium (in-game setting). The formula is: (fadeOutStopFactor - fogAmount) * 1000, in meters.
- fadeOutMinusFactor is the difference between the distance at which objects start to disappear and the distance at which objects are completely faded out. The higher this value is, the shorter the distance difference is (it's a division).
- particles is a percentage of space dust particles. 80 by default.