4.00 Public Beta now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dtpsprt
x4

Re: 4.00 Public Beta now available

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 10. Feb 21, 19:34

chew-ie wrote:
Wed, 10. Feb 21, 18:36

Maybe not deleted, but ignored :P I'd vote for a feature freeze until the Borons are back. Actually I ~love~ to employ feature freezes in my projects to keep the teams focused :)
Even though deleted is a bit of a dictatorship, one can not "unsee" what he has seen.
The problem lies to whether the moderators (who are unpaid as far as I know) have the ability and the will to mask these posts from the devs (very unlikely). Or if a filter based on keywords (like "planet landing" or "multiplayer") can be applied to screen these messages from dev view...
Another option would be for these posts to be moved to general discussions under their own threads... Would also be beneficiary for this to be done to other "out of the topic" posts...

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Thu, 11. Feb 21, 08:12

dtpsprt wrote:
Wed, 10. Feb 21, 18:07
Joking apart... what happened to all the (undeniably) needed fixes? When they are done is the turn of the missing races/factions (They should be in the main game but even in DLC would do). And only after that (tremendous by itself) task is completed we should be allowed to even think about new features. Any post the dev team reads on any other direction is an unnecessary distraction IMHO and should be promptly deleted (no joke).
I know, that's why I said in the very bit you quoted that planetary landings in X4 will not happen.
dtpsprt wrote:
Wed, 10. Feb 21, 19:34
Even though deleted is a bit of a dictatorship, one can not "unsee" what he has seen.
The problem lies to whether the moderators (who are unpaid as far as I know) have the ability and the will to mask these posts from the devs (very unlikely). Or if a filter based on keywords (like "planet landing" or "multiplayer") can be applied to screen these messages from dev view...
Another option would be for these posts to be moved to general discussions under their own threads... Would also be beneficiary for this to be done to other "out of the topic" posts...
This censorship and repression of opinion trend is really catching on, isn't it? Moderators can move posts around as they wish but there's no reason to treat the devs like babies, nor shut them off from everything unrelated to the current job at hand. They are normal human beings just like us and welcome to join any discussion and share their ideas (or disapproval). They are also sentient beings that can think for themselves, no one has to do their thinking for them.

If we are no longer allowed to share ideas and dream big, then we can just as well shut this entire website down and get it over with. In fact, if that's the direction society is going towards, then we can just as well shut down the whole planet.
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 11. Feb 21, 08:38

EmperorDragon wrote:
Thu, 11. Feb 21, 08:12
If we are no longer allowed to share ideas and dream big, then we can just as well shut this entire website down and get it over with. In fact, if that's the direction society is going towards, then we can just as well shut down the whole planet.
I wouldn't worry about that. Right now society is babbling way too much [social media, lockdowns ...]. That's why some balance has to kick in like in any other complex system.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Thu, 11. Feb 21, 09:17

chew-ie wrote:
Thu, 11. Feb 21, 08:38
I wouldn't worry about that. Right now society is babbling way too much [social media, lockdowns ...]. That's why some balance has to kick in like in any other complex system.
Thankfully, in my part of the world, we don't have lockdowns. But I do feel for those badly affected by it in other countries.

Another question about 4.0, will planets in custom sectors added via mods still be compatible with the terraforming feature, or will they have to be configured to be compatible with it? Also, does anyone know where the new Terran sectors will be added perhaps? I have a bunch of custom sectors to the left of Atiya's Misfortune.
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Tue, 16. Feb 21, 17:44

:!: X4: Foundations 4.00 Beta 8 released :!:

Only one month left until the release of X4: Cradle of Humanity and the big 4.00 update for X4: Foundations. In other words, time for the next 4.00 beta release! Without further ado, here are the highlights of the beta 8 changelog:
  • The latest batch of changes in our ongoing program of balancing improvements to resources and workforce.
  • That all-important fix to allow Terraforming to complete.
  • Several small quality of life improvements in the menus and transaction logs.
  • Visual fixes to weapons and ships.
  • More bug extermination.
You can find the full list in our forum.

How do I participate in the public beta?
Every player who owns X4: Foundations will have the opportunity to download the new beta version 4.00. To ensure that beta participants are aware of the Risks and Rules, we ask that all interested players visit our forum for both rules and disclaimers, as well as practical instructions on how to participate in the beta. Please follow this link to our forum (no registration required) to find the relevant information.

Thank you for your support during the beta phase and have fun with X4: Foundations!
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Wed, 24. Feb 21, 17:47

:!: X4: Foundations 4.00 Beta 9 released :!:

The weeks are flying by, and we are getting closer and closer to the release of the big 4.00 update for X4: Foundations, and of course our next expansion, X4: Cradle of Humanity, on March 16, 2021. That means that it's time for a new beta release!

The focus of Beta 9 is on further improvements to combat simulation, mining, workforce, and capital ship movement between sectors. You can find the full list in our forum.

Don't miss tomorrow's livestream with Egosoft CEO Bernd Lehahn and Captain Collins! Details in our Steam News.

Every player who owns X4: Foundations will have the opportunity to download the new beta version 4.00. To ensure that beta participants are aware of the Risks and Rules, we ask that all interested players visit our forum for both rules and disclaimers, as well as practical instructions on how to participate in the beta. Please follow this link to our forum (no registration required) to find the relevant information.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 24. Feb 21, 20:17

Gregory wrote:
Wed, 24. Feb 21, 17:47
:!: X4: Foundations 4.00 Beta 9 released :!:

The weeks are flying by, and we are getting closer and closer to the release of the big 4.00 update for X4: Foundations, and of course our next expansion, X4: Cradle of Humanity, on March 16, 2021. That means that it's time for a new beta release!

The focus of Beta 9 is on further improvements to combat simulation, mining, workforce, and capital ship movement between sectors. You can find the full list in our forum.

Don't miss tomorrow's livestream with Egosoft CEO Bernd Lehahn and Captain Collins! Details in our Steam News.

Good and all... but, for G.O.S.'s shake, is it that difficult to put a separate post with the Beta (whatever the number) changes? The whole thing is totally messing with anybody's ability to see what's fixed and what's not between the versions

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 24. Feb 21, 20:32

you cant see Beta 9 before a note???
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 24. Feb 21, 20:39

Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 24. Feb 21, 20:32
Indeed - just grep for [Beta 9] and read through them:
Spoiler
Show
New
[Beta 9] Added skill information to individual trainee info (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 9] Added red order icon for ships that cannot mimic their commander's default behaviour (new feature in 4.00).

Improved
[Beta 9] Improved capital ship inter-sector movement.
[Beta 9] Improved low attention combat simulation (improves previous improvement in 4.00).
[Beta 9] Improved prioritisation of build queue at player HQ to ensure ships are queued before items required for terraforming (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 9] Improved behaviour of mining ships with regard to resource probes, particularly when few resource probes are in their operating area.
[Beta 9] Improved lists in menus of queued ships under construction to be more concise.
[Beta 9] Improved Make War not Peace mission by making final option select all listed war targets irrespective of current borders (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 9] Improved survivability of Duke's Haven by preventing Godrealm and Holy Order from invading until Gathering Storm mission is complete.
[Beta 9] Improved pacing of Lasting Vengeance mission by automatically removing Nav Beacons after scan.
[Beta 9] Improved character lighting in communications scenes.

Fixed
[Beta 9] Fixed performance issue when starting some terraforming projects (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 9] Fixed subordinates sometimes not clearing reservations on reassignment.
[Beta 9] Fixed subordinates assigned to mimic mining ships mining in wrong sectors (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 9] Fixed mining lasers dealing excessive damage against enemies when player not present.
[Beta 9] Fixed ships without weapons or turrets being able to mine asteroids.
[Beta 9] Fixed ships not consuming countermeasures when player not present.
[Beta 9] Fixed station turrets not doing any damage when player not present (problem introduced in 4.00).
[Beta 9] Fixed stations not using their turrets under certain circumstances.
[Beta 9] Fixed remotely viewed objects not shooting under certain circumstances.
[Beta 9] Fixed excessive workforce reduction when insufficient resources are available.
[Beta 9] Fixed player ship getting pushed when getting up while flying relative to moving object.
[Beta 9] Fixed player spacesuit getting pushed when moving away from player ship while flying relative to moving object.
[Beta 9] Fixed savegames where large number of factories have been built by factions for no reason.
[Beta 9] Fixed ships with automated default behaviours sometimes ignoring certain sectors.
[Beta 9] Fixed certain Xenon and Kha'ak stations not having turrets and shields in newly started games (problem introduced in 4.00).
[Beta 9] Fixed resource probes showing zero yield in locations with resources.
[Beta 9] Fixed some areas on map being coloured as though they contain mineral resources when this is not the case.
[Beta 9] Fixed logical station overview incorrectly listing ware reservations that do not influence production or trade offers.
[Beta 9] Fixed not being able to remove buy offers for products under certain circumstances.
[Beta 9] Fixed ships not being sold under certain circumstances (problem introduced in 4.00).
[Beta 9] Fixed inconsistencies in Station Build menu regarding whether Builder is required (problem introduced in 4.00).
[Beta 9] Fixed enemy/hostile relation colours not considering military/civilian type of current ship (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 9] Fixed terraforming missions getting stuck by adding appropriate projects to change temperature (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 9] Fixed changed planet appearance not persisting when saving and loading (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 9] Fixed hole in Pegasus cockpit roof.
[Beta 9] Fixed player logo on boa not being completely visible.
[Beta 9] Fixed duplicate nebula rendering during certain conversations.
[Beta 9] Fixed several causes of crashes.

Spoiler
Show

rmsapj3k

Post by rmsapj3k » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 14:49

I am on Steam and have some mods installed but they are not activated. Still the game refuses to open the online options, even though no mods are active. why this happen

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 14:53

rmsapj3k wrote:
Thu, 25. Feb 21, 14:49
I am on Steam and have some mods installed but they are not activated. Still the game refuses to open the online options, even though no mods are active. why this happen
CBJ wrote: Note: Ventures are disabled in this Beta version, and some planned 4.00 features are not yet included.
Source

Spoiler
Show

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 17:08

Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 24. Feb 21, 20:32
I can... but I don't see the reason that it should be in the same post with changes in original Beta, Beta 2 etc... It just makes the list a lot longer and the chance of things missed bigger....

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 17:57

That would be because some changes in later betas are to cancel, correct or add to changes in earlier betas. Hence it makes sense for them to be in the same beta listing. Those detailed beta progressive changes would not appear in the final release notes but only the overall changes made between release versions.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 21:11

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 25. Feb 21, 17:57
That would be because some changes in later betas are to cancel, correct or add to changes in earlier betas. Hence it makes sense for them to be in the same beta listing. Those detailed beta progressive changes would not appear in the final release notes but only the overall changes made between release versions.
In that case everything concerning the beginning of the Beta should be at the bottom, followed with Beta 2 etc instead of sprayed around all over the place. Either that or grouped (wherever that is the case) about changes to changes... The way it is now is just a scattering of facts/changes purposely (IMHO) to confuse more than inform so we can't actually track what is going on...
As for the grep that was mentioned above not everybody uses Linux

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 21:26

"purposely (IMHO) to confuse more than inform" Hmm, I'll let you run with that conspiracy theory. :D I understand the change categories in the listing.

If you want a quick and basic form of filtering of the beta changelog then Ctrl-F 'beta 9' and clicking next or just scrolling works quite well too.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

slober
x4

Post by slober » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 22:06

Beta 9 brought a lot of old(on the start 2 years ago) bugs:
Fall down under flour.
Landing on stations now completely kaput.

New bug as for me:
Miner Alligator think he is a fighter and instead of flee he is fighting. I have escape mode for pirates.
When I set global attack settings to defend. Alligator just mining and waiting to die...

p.s. After 2 years the game still is unplayable. Just find a good programer and fix problems with textures and landing on stations in 2 weeks.
I love your game and I can't play it

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 09:54

Please report bugs with the beta version in the Public Beta forum following the beta rules and providing all relevant information.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 13:28

:!: X4: Foundations 4.00 Beta 10 released :!:

We're only two weeks away from the big release of the 4.00 update for X4: Foundations, along with its next expansion, X4: Cradle of Humanity, on March 16, 2021. The team is hard at work, getting everything ready so that you can jump into the new gamestarts, and experience the new ships that the Terrans will bring along with them. First things first, though - it's beta day!

For this beta, we've been concentrating on the excellent feedback we've been getting from our amazing beta testers. Thanks to their input, we've fine-tuned the balancing of the new Terraforming feature, implemented more quality-of-life improvements in the UI, and asked the Kha'ak to back off a little from attacking mining operations! And, needless to say, we've also been tackling bugs. You can find the full list of the things we've fixed and improved in our forum.

In case you missed it, here's the launch trailer for X4: Cradle of Humanity, which premiered earlier this week on our YouTube channel.

As always, thanks for testing, for supporting us and for playing X4: Foundations. We're super excited to see what you think about our upcoming new content!

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 14:01

Go Egosoft, go! Image

Grep'ed changelog for [Beta 10]
Spoiler
Show
Added
[Beta 10] Added available habitation capacity for race as workforce growth rate influence.
[Beta 10] Added optimal workforce info to production modules in Encyclopedia and Station Build menu.
[Beta 10] Added summary of workforce info to Habitation Modules section in Station Build menu.
[Beta 10] Added options to use faction and sector lists in Blacklists as whitelists.
[Beta 10] Added ability for player to set global policy and per-ship overrides governing response to attack.
[Beta 10] Added shortcuts in Object Information menu to show commander or subordinates of ships and stations on Map
[Beta 10] Added mouseover text for storage amounts in Logical Station Overview.
[Beta 10] Added Show Encyclopedia Entry interact menu option for sectors.
[Beta 10] Added Rename Interact menu option for player-owned sectors.

Improved
[Beta 10] Improved warnings about missing storage space in Logical Station Overview.
[Beta 10] Improved balancing of Kha'ak threat (improves previous improvement in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Improved armament of Xenon stations.
[Beta 10] Improved behaviour of mining ships with regard to resource probes, especially where multiple sectors are involved.
[Beta 10] Improved mineral mining with non-capital ships when player is present.
[Beta 10] Improved collision detection while in spacesuit.
[Beta 10] Improved Deploy Resource Probe upkeep mission handling.
[Beta 10] Improved Antigone Terraforming Mission rewards by adding exclusive new Patrol jobs (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Improved balancing of terraforming Atmospheric Pressure stat on Eighteen Billion (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Improved balancing of plant-based terraforming projects such as Fields and Forestation by removing limit on Oxygen effect (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Improved balancing of Reflective Cloud Particles terraforming project by lowering temperature requirement (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Improved balancing of planet-side competitions by greatly increasing cooldown between them (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Improved visuals of several terraformed worlds (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Improved communications scenes for NPCs by adding their real environment.

Fixed
[Beta 10] Fixed NPCs appearing on player owned stations generally being all of one race.
[Beta 10] Fixed fleet commanders using their piloting skill rather than their combined skill for determining validity of formation shapes.
[Beta 10] Fixed subordinates assigned to commanders that have bailed becoming completely unresponsive.
[Beta 10] Fixed range calculation issues with capital ships attacking stations.
[Beta 10] Fixed ships sent to be recycled sometimes blocking dock.
[Beta 10] Fixed possibility to queue multiple repair orders for same ship.
[Beta 10] Fixed ships missing information about damage capabilities of their different quadrants (problem introduced in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Fixed not being able to personally claim ownerless capital ships.
[Beta 10] Fixed lockboxes accumulating when saving and loading repeatedly.
[Beta 10] Fixed map filters not being applied correctly after selecting plot in Manage Plots menu.
[Beta 10] Fixed number of queued orders being visible on ships with insufficient revealed info.
[Beta 10] Fixed incorrect voice lines playing when Fund Start-Up terraforming project becomes available (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Fixed incorrect amounts in log message related to Fund Start-Up terraforming project (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Fixed being able to start training projects without assigned trainees (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Fixed being able to build Aerial Maze terraforming project before Toxicity is removed (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Fixed misleading colour scheme for repeatable terraforming projects that cannot currently be started (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Fixed trade offers not immediately updating to reflect the changes in resource demand caused by starting or aborting terraforming project (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Fixed falling through floor and black space background after returning from external view (problem introduced in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Fixed freeze during emergency eject (new feature in 4.00).

Spoiler
Show

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 14:21

Ouch!
[Beta 10] Improved armament of Xenon stations.

Return to “X4: Foundations”