[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Favorgalaxy

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.4b

Post by Favorgalaxy » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 10:49

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 3. Oct 20, 09:50
@Favorgalaxy: You've used some cheats, and there is a Trading Station in Void Of Opportunity, where there shouldn't be. I don't think your lags have anything related to those experienced by Kaiww. You should wait for the translation to be updated before loading your game with the latest Mayhem version.

I'm still investigating though. For some reasons they don't seem to find any trading opportunities, and my script is very consuming when they're endlessly looking for a trade.

EDIT: And all your company Traders have no homebase, so I don't understand that either. Any translation needs script modification, so there's maybe something wrong with that somewhere. For now, I won't release any hotfix, because I really don't get what is going on in your game.

@Kaiww: I think there's something in the background that causing the slow downs. There's not much going on after 2, 3 hours of game, and again, the only time someone reported a similar problem was due to a bad install (correction: and another time where the guy was not clicking "Run" in the Galaxy Generator, but he only generated the galaxy and launched the game). You don't start in Argon Prime, right? Also take a look at company Trading stations, if you have a high number of ships around, not doing anything, I'll know I've messed up something in 3.4, but I now highly doubt it.

@squaredPoney: Yeah, sorry about that. Too unpredictable to be fixed. It's actually realistic, in the real world, when someone sign a Truce, it generally doesn't last long :)
Yes, I used cheats to speed up the start of the empire, but I added a trading station before creating the game, using editing, I changed the location from one sector to another.
You are right to wait, but the change in trade offers was very tempting)
I continued the game in this galaxy after deleting most of the merchant ships, and there were no problems, except that the merchant companies again create stuck ships and after a while the sinking begins again.
There was a similar problem in the previous galaxy, but I did not edit or use cheats there. Unfortunately, there is no save
I also ran into another problem there, when factions do not want to sell ships to me, since there are no resources and this is in each sector, provided that resources are from 50,000 and I am denied building 1 (m 5), but when pressed, it is generated in a queue and so on with a lot I was able to bring it to 40+, and all this was built by the faction for itself, the ships I selected. Perhaps the problem is that through the sector menu, I looked through the station and there almost all the resources are reserved for export, and so in every sector, and after missing many hours, no one came and did not transport the resources. In this sava, I did not try to build them from others, so I adjusted the galaxy for convenience. Later I'm going to carry out missions to simulate this problem. It started even earlier, even before 3.3, but it was also tested in 3.3. Perhaps these two problems are related.

It's strange that there is no home base, I have all agents for each outpost and only 5 merchants are also assigned to one. Loaded to check
Thanks for trying to figure it out, sorry if this is just my problem. If so, I will reinstall everything to the English version to have the latest updates.

vince8290
x3ap

Post by vince8290 » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 10:54

Hi Joubarbe, thanks for the great work on mayhem.

I am having a similar problem as Favorgalaxy.

I'm 3.5 days into the game.
Lags forced me to tune SETA down to 600% and now 300% and even then, it is struggling now.
I am also experiencing increasing lags when playing even with no SETA (in battles, even relatively small ones, 20-30 ships)

Granted I generated a large galaxy but after seeing Favorgalaxy's post I checked in my game and I seem to be having a similar problem :
Most trading stations are full or almost (8 or 9/10) and have a large number of trader ships (10-20-30) around probably waiting to dock ?
I also have problems docking myself to these stations because they are full.

If this problem persist, the game will be totally unplayable within 1 gameday.

I just threw my grain of salt here because I have the same problem as Favorgalaxy, but I am using the english version, unmodified, with no cheats or additional mods.
If that helps at all, here is the galaxy and savegame.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_iCIAE ... sp=sharing

Good luck and thanks

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 10:58

Ok thanks Vince, this will be helpful.

EDIT: Forget about the no homebase thing, it's actually normal.
EDIT 2: The game actually builds them endlessly, because they have no homebase (a little trick needed to make each company an independent race), and Trading stations are always considered having not enough Traders. I don't know why it never caused a problem before.
EDIT 3: God this really had a snowball effect... Every trader that was trying to dock at a full Trading station was increasing the lag even more. Bootiful.

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.4c

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 13:43

Mayhem 3.4c released
changelog wrote:
  • 3.4c: Company Traders were being built endlessly, leading to exponential lags after some time. After updating, all company Traders will be removed in your game, and they will slowly going to be rebuilt over time. A new 9972 t-file has been added to adjust the number of Traders per Trading station (default to 5).
  • 3.4c: Performance could be affected by Traders that were not being able to find any trade opportunities. Now, when this is the case, the Trader wait at least 5 minutes instead of continuously looking for a job.
If your game was laggy, those lags should disappear instantly after updating. If it's not the case, please insult me harshly on this thread.

Favorgalaxy

Post by Favorgalaxy » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 13:51

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 3. Oct 20, 13:43
Mayhem 3.4c released
changelog wrote:
  • 3.4c: Company Traders were being built endlessly, leading to exponential lags after some time. After updating, all company Traders will be removed in your game, and they will slowly going to be rebuilt over time. A new 9972 t-file has been added to adjust the number of Traders per Trading station (default to 5).
  • 3.4c: Performance could be affected by Traders that were not being able to find any trade opportunities. Now, when this is the case, the Trader wait at least 5 minutes instead of continuously looking for a job.
If your game was laggy, those lags should disappear instantly after updating. If it's not the case, please insult me harshly on this thread.
Thank you for the fix!
Now I'm back on SATE 10 x again
Let's see how it will be in a long time

UPD: after a while, about 20 TL appeared at each trading post and stood motionless, but after a couple of minutes they disappeared. after about an hour of playing time, they reappeared and after a couple of minutes they disappeared .. and so it repeats. This does not significantly affect performance, only small delays in appearance. in the same sector as saving .. maybe it's just me ..
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.4d

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 16:18

Mayhem 3.4d released

It fixes 3.4c... Tell me if it's all good.

vince8290
x3ap

Post by vince8290 » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 17:35

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 3. Oct 20, 13:43
Mayhem 3.4c released
changelog wrote:
You're such a hero !
Thanks Joubarbe

4square425
x3tc

Post by 4square425 » Sun, 4. Oct 20, 00:45

Hector0x wrote:
Sat, 3. Oct 20, 07:46

Edit: make sure that you set Split to friendly immediatly and also SEND it to the entire property
Is there a different menu to do that besides the Console and Global Commands? I changed the Split to Friend in both, plus chose "Transmit to all reachable properties". My fighters still went after a Split Cartographer even after I got to Rank 3 reputation from a lucky pirate kill in their space. The Split also aren't currently allied with anyone.

Essentially, while I can keep my ships out of Split territory before I regain some rep, I need to do something about Split non-military ships (especially Cartographers) entering my sectors and being shot down.

https://i.imgur.com/8iR4NiD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/WILkV1X.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/CsqtGHy.jpg

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 4. Oct 20, 09:05

No, the Global commands and transmitting them are the two steps i had in mind.
And your Busters are still going after the Split cartographer? That seems wrong.

You are using the patrol command, right? Seems like you have to restart it on all patrols for the friend/foe settings to get updated. Thats a bummer.

I have switched over towards using less fleets by utilizing the new sector monitoring feature in fleet settings. Maybe try that.
Seems like i should finally tag my Hunter Group video as outdated. Never liked how it turned out anyway. It's convoluted with info about pirates and confusing and outdated fleet settings.

4square425
x3tc

Post by 4square425 » Sun, 4. Oct 20, 17:28

It's likely a fleet thing then, as the fighters from a carrier are also going after cartographers. I'll try resetting the patrol command after sending the global one.

alexalsp
x4

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 5. Oct 20, 07:53

alexalsp wrote:
Sun, 27. Sep 20, 18:54
Good evening Joubarbe. Explain, if possible, please.
What files are responsible for creating the names of the sectors of the galaxy and voicing them?
I can not understand. I make translation in files: sector_names_stream1.txt, sector_names_stream.txt.
I substitute the time of the sector names from the Russian stream file.
As a result, after generating the galaxy, I jump into a sector but the name of another sector is announced.
Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 28. Sep 20, 19:57
@alex: I don't know, should work IIRC.
This is sad. :( I tried many options but none helped. :cry: Thanks for the answer.

Morkom
x4

Post by Morkom » Mon, 5. Oct 20, 17:39

Hi, Joubarbe.

As a suggestion - can you, please, keep a link and/or date of latest hotfix somewhere on the first posts? Maybe something simple, like "New Hotfix: 05/10/2020. Fixed that and that". It`s that I got into your mod a week ago, only checked if there is version news update on first page, and found out that my 2 FPS on 10x SETA on 8x8 galaxy was not a feature, but a bug, by accident. Got on last pages of this thread, looking for some tips, and Joubarbe already fixed something that I had no idea about, lol.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 6. Oct 20, 05:37

Morkom wrote:
Mon, 5. Oct 20, 17:39
Hi, Joubarbe.

As a suggestion - can you, please, keep a link and/or date of latest hotfix somewhere on the first posts? Maybe something simple, like "New Hotfix: 05/10/2020. Fixed that and that". It`s that I got into your mod a week ago, only checked if there is version news update on first page, and found out that my 2 FPS on 10x SETA on 8x8 galaxy was not a feature, but a bug, by accident. Got on last pages of this thread, looking for some tips, and Joubarbe already fixed something that I had no idea about, lol.

Anyway, thanks in advance.
viewtopic.php?p=4540103#p4540103

4square425
x3tc

Post by 4square425 » Sat, 10. Oct 20, 02:05

Is there any link between reputation and a faction becoming hostile after a Truce has been called and is over?

I have the Split at 5 and for a time 6 reputation and they're still attacking my satellites and traders. Sometimes they are Task Forces, which I know will attack "friends", but also Rear Guard and Battlegroup ships. In addition, I've had a couple of Task Forces enter one of my sectors, half of the Task Force goes hostile and attacks freighters, while the others don't do anything.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 10. Oct 20, 09:10

4square425 wrote:
Sat, 10. Oct 20, 02:05
Is there any link between reputation and a faction becoming hostile after a Truce has been called and is over?

I have the Split at 5 and for a time 6 reputation and they're still attacking my satellites and traders. Sometimes they are Task Forces, which I know will attack "friends", but also Rear Guard and Battlegroup ships. In addition, I've had a couple of Task Forces enter one of my sectors, half of the Task Force goes hostile and attacks freighters, while the others don't do anything.
How long was the time between the truce and the attacks? (minutes, hours, days?)
Did you monitor which missions those squadrons were on (galaxy assets screen in debug)?

Rearguard:
- sounds like they are not updating their friend/foe settings on reputation change (bug?)
- could be possible that these squadrons got the attack order when you were still at war with Split. Sometimes they need hours to reach their destination

Task Force:
- what you describe sounds exactly like the reprisal system.
- how much Split stuff did you destroy? Task Forces want to kill an equal amount of your stuff in return.
- i think it only affects existing task forces. But killing the old ones in self defense piles up new reprisal desire again.
- it should be changed so that reprisal is "forgiven" when a truce with the player happens

Battlegroup:
- where did they attack and what? (suppose it was only while defending one of their sectors, then it's probably the same problem as with rearguards)
- they shouldn't come into your sectors and only hunt individual assets. They always try to annihilate other sectors.
- if they launched a new invasion while your reputation was positive, then it'd be a bug
- a recent change made the truce possible even while other invasions against you are still running. Maybe those other invasions aren't cancelled properly and they arrive long after the reputation has changed.

4square425
x3tc

Post by 4square425 » Sun, 11. Oct 20, 01:01

It's been about 10 hours of game time since the war concluded so some of the claims and orders might still be active. As the the Task Forces, I likely have to resign myself to a forever proxy war since I destroyed at least 20 Split capital ships including 6 M2s. I ended up losing about 9 M7s and a few hundred fighters, but the difference between those is immense. I'll probably actively start another war before freighter losses make up that difference. I'll just have to be more active in telling things to retreat into stations when a Task Force comes into one of my sectors.

I get the reprisal system, but what if there was an option in the Diplomacy menu with the Favor system to temporarily end the Task Forces hunting for you or if the value is tracked, reduce how much the former enemy is trying to attack you with. It could be titled "Reparations." I feel very helpless with Task Forces since I can't fight back or else precipitate a new war very rapidly. TS freighters are also too slow to outrun most of the ships in a Task Force anyway.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 11. Oct 20, 08:13

it's interesting. Let us know how it goes.

I got two such truces up until now. Ok, i believe didn't destroy as much assets as you. But in my case the hostilities generally stopped after both wars. Maybe 1 Task Force came to destroy a satellite. Can't quite remember, but definitely nothing major.
Maybe my experience was coincidence and they were mostly just occupied at different frontlines. I also limit my trade with these two factions. None of their sectors are in worker range of any of my outposts which have traders (i don't want to help their economy). So i didn't test if they attack any freighters of mine.

5511phil
x3tc

Post by 5511phil » Sun, 11. Oct 20, 12:15

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 3. Oct 20, 16:18
Mayhem 3.4d released

It fixes 3.4c... Tell me if it's all good.
Thankyou I was having the same issue but seems all good now :)

Great mod, love it!

4square425
x3tc

Post by 4square425 » Thu, 15. Oct 20, 05:25

Does anyone have opinions of missiles in Mayhem 3? I have a few Silicon Mines, plus whatever my miners obtain, however, I'm not certain what sort of missiles to produce. Right now, I just have one factory looping chaff. I'm also uncertain about the worth of the three chaff systems, is the level 3 chaff worth the crystals? With all the missiles enemies pack in this version, I wonder how good a level 2 chaff system would do for blue crystals.

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Thu, 15. Oct 20, 09:34

In Mayhem 3, missiles are more of an optional goodie you can produce easily from excess Silicon Wafers from mining. That's quite neat, but it's really just that, in my opinion. In comparison to vanilla and LU, Missile Frigates are less omnipotent due to lower missile capacities (I might be totally wrong here, but I recall M7Ms in LU being able to clear a whole sector of M3s and M6s without caring about running out of ammo that fast), which especially shows in Hammers. Flail Barrage Missiles are still excellent to take care of fighters and they work against corvettes and frigates, too.

In Mayhem 3, AI ships spam missiles if they have them, so Chaffs are a good investment, and capital ships should definitely get the best Chaff upgrade. Also, AI ships don't use lasers against missiles anymore, but come with a default amount of Chaffs in the cargo bay. Fighters usually can fend off at least one missile before running dry. It sort of makes certain missile types - those that swarm - more reliable while heavy warheads should only get used against dry targets or stations, but then again, if you have the power to attack stations, wasting costly warheads on them isn't really economic.

In terms of economy, setting up a missile production is expensive and only something for those who either have many mining ships or enough station slots to set up a C-Ration chain for Silicon Mines. Given that the C-Ration chain is the most limited one due to the amount of station slots required, the amount of factories required to produce reliable quantities and the fact that the only way to get Waste is limited by Outposts and their population (iirc one boi produces six Waste units per cycle), it's something that does not pay off as much as additional ships and lasers would. However, if you are bordering the break-even-point of income and outcome, boosting your fleet's DPS by equipping them with missiles is surely a good idea.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”