X4: Cradle of Humanity (Release Date March 16, 2021, 6pm CET; Livestream at 5pm CET)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dtpsprt
x4

Re: X4: Cradle of Humanity *UPDATE* New release window // First look at a new ship

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 9. Oct 20, 15:27

dholmstr wrote:
Fri, 9. Oct 20, 13:07
CAn we get a bit more teaser pics of ships and maybe some terran stationmodules? I want to daydream and drool!
I'd suggest you go back to X3 TC or AP and take strolls in the Terran sectors. What's been on the teaser in terms of stations is just the "models" from these games. I seriously doubt that them being modular will result in the same design, unless the rule of 20x20x20 is broken and just allow for a total of max 8000 cubic whatevers with no dimentional restrictions.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: X4: Cradle of Humanity *UPDATE* New release window // First look at a new ship

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 9. Oct 20, 15:48

They are modular, of course.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 9. Oct 20, 15:55

Just cos there modular designs in x4 cos of parts doesnt mean x4 devs cant just make a design that doesnt visually need module switching and can be hidden inside the geometry with a poly or vert and assign modules to that placement but no mesh etc that way some ships can have a more non modular looking design but use modules still the same just not visably used.

I mean if ego wanted to that is.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 9. Oct 20, 19:56

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Fri, 9. Oct 20, 15:48
They are modular, of course.
I was pretty sure of this, if for no other reason so that the players can build them. What I meant in my post was that to make stations like the ones seen in the "teaser" the 20 Km limit will have to be exceeded (on one side), if the proportions are kept. Unless Egosoft decided that they should not have these enormous dimentions compared to the "Commonwealth" ones as they do in X3 TC/AP (hideous IMHO and traffic disrupting), which will eventually make the players that love Terrans (I could certainly live without them) a bit disappointed since they love to go big (apparently).

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 9. Oct 20, 19:58

Skeeter wrote:
Fri, 9. Oct 20, 15:55
Just cos there modular designs in x4 cos of parts doesnt mean x4 devs cant just make a design that doesnt visually need module switching and can be hidden inside the geometry with a poly or vert and assign modules to that placement but no mesh etc that way some ships can have a more non modular looking design but use modules still the same just not visably used.

I mean if ego wanted to that is.
The ships are fine with me, it's the stations that bother me

rkrisher
x4

Post by rkrisher » Sat, 10. Oct 20, 05:37

A new ship - but whose is it?
To keep you excited for X4: Cradle of Humanity in spite of the postponement, we have decided to show you one of the new ships that will find its way into the game through the expansion.

>> Screenshot 1 <<
>> Screenshot 2 <<
My very first impression seeing those ships was Yaki. I see others on the forum see the same. I tried to work with them in X3 but their sectors seemed to be just set up for support in their role as pirates. Their was no economy to work to better your rep with them. I wished back then that they would expand that faction a little more. Now maybe that wish will come true!

aurumgallente
x4

Post by aurumgallente » Sat, 10. Oct 20, 09:22

One more thing and this time I'm rather excited then disappointed. X4 economy is very different to the model of trilogy, races lost their diversity in supply chains. Economy of every race was in somewhat unique but now it looks like artificial xls spreadsheet. Not only economy, ships too. Now all races have the same standards in their fleets. In X2/X3 we had diversity, for example, Boron Dolphin was good as mobile storage and jump freighter when Mercury was average at all, teladi fighters were slow but good for OOS defense when split fighters were good to be wingmans for player, and Argon heavy fighters had rear turret. Most of it was lost.

But Terran faction announced to be unique and this is great. If there will be replenishment in a fleets of commonwealth races, I'd like to see specialized spacecrafts. For example, Paranid could have very effective M miner but with very low shields, Teladi could have very slow M transporter with 6 or 8 turrets and Argon could have frigate with 2 or more landing areas without any turrets. For now only some Split ships have uniqueness like Split M miner that capable to fight.

It would be nice to see more stuff out of the box where it is possible to make every game start more unique.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 10. Oct 20, 13:40

I wonder if Terrans will have unique models for:
- Construction Vechicle
- Wharf
- Shipyard
- Combat Drone
- Lasertowers

Currently this is just model copy/pasta across all races INCLUDING Xenons :(
Speaking of Xenons, they would also benefit to have unique models - it really looks bad when Xenon Wharf that looks like normal wharf, launch hudrends of combat drones that are the same like other races - it soesn't feel at all that you're combat Xenons.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sat, 10. Oct 20, 15:00

wouldnt could on it mr who.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sun, 11. Oct 20, 14:53

So if Cradle of Humanity is not out now till next January/Febuary, does that mean the 4.0 Patch is on hiatus too?

Will we start beta testing the patch during November December in chunks like we did with 3.0?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 11. Oct 20, 16:21

spankahontis wrote:
Sun, 11. Oct 20, 14:53
So if Cradle of Humanity is not out now till next January/Febuary, does that mean the 4.0 Patch is on hiatus too?

Will we start beta testing the patch during November December in chunks like we did with 3.0?
I hope not... Actually, a beta requires a new start, to make sure that everything works as it should. Unfortunately what mot people do is continue with their saved games so if there is something "broken" or "not alright" in the "beginning" of the game it will go amiss, or it will be on low priority since not many people will report it.
Fine example: I seem to be the only one to report in Beta V 3.30 that the voice in the Hatikvah Endeavour (first mission) was broken when the scene turned to show the Callisto and returned at half volume afterwards (English Edition).
Result: It is fixed in this Beta!!!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 11. Oct 20, 16:27

spankahontis wrote:
I think it will be like with 3.0/SV where 3.0 was release a bit ahead DLC.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 11. Oct 20, 17:31

dtpsprt wrote:
Sun, 11. Oct 20, 16:21
spankahontis wrote:

I hope not... Actually, a beta requires a new start, to make sure that everything works as it should. Unfortunately what mot people do is continue with their saved games so if there is something "broken" or "not alright" in the "beginning" of the game it will go amiss, or it will be on low priority since not many people will report it.
Fine example: I seem to be the only one to report in Beta V 3.30 that the voice in the Hatikvah Endeavour (first mission) was broken when the scene turned to show the Callisto and returned at half volume afterwards (English Edition).
Result: It is fixed in this Beta!!!
beta does not require a new start, but you should backup the save before you load it with the new beta
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 11. Oct 20, 18:38

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 11. Oct 20, 17:31

beta does not require a new start, but you should backup the save before you load it with the new beta
I know this but come to think of it, what would be the "good of it" if I loaded an "end game" save to try the Beta? The Beta is supposed to exist for bugs to be ironed out. If there is one in the start of the game (as was my case), nobody will notice it until it's too late (normal release) and new people will come in.

I guess we all (old hands) have some saves "stashed" somewhere so we can make a new start avoiding the initial grind (like, find the Boron, get that Calisto so you can get some reputation with ZYA or ARG (depending your start) and finish with those pesky SCA Buzzards chasing you around cause you put a virus in their system (I have one Fires of Defeat start with it that I do this in Heretics End with the Calisto and lead them into ZYA, the Split made good work of them and I ended with -17 from -21 rep and two Buzzards to play with)... etc.

This does not helps ironing out bugs you know...

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 11. Oct 20, 18:43

dtpsprt wrote:
Sun, 11. Oct 20, 18:38
Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 11. Oct 20, 17:31

I know this but come to think of it, what would be the "good of it" if I loaded an "end game" save to try the Beta? The Beta is supposed to exist for bugs to be ironed out. If there is one in the start of the game (as was my case), nobody will notice it until it's too late (normal release) and new people will come in.

I guess we all (old hands) have some saves "stashed" somewhere so we can make a new start avoiding the initial grind (like, find the Boron, get that Calisto so you can get some reputation with ZYA or ARG (depending your start) and finish with those pesky SCA Buzzards chasing you around cause you put a virus in their system (I have one Fires of Defeat start with it that I do this in Heretics End with the Calisto and lead them into ZYA, the Split made good work of them and I ended with -17 from -21 rep and two Buzzards to play with)... etc.

This does not helps ironing out bugs you know...
I agree, and I would say lots of beta people do start again, I did it many times
But it depends on what bugs and features are fixed/added, but what I was saying is beta does not REQUIRE a new start, it will "mess" up the save most probably if you continue to play it in stable
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 11. Oct 20, 18:48

Let's talk mainly about CoH here rather than the mechanics of beta testing thanks.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sun, 11. Oct 20, 19:32

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 11. Oct 20, 18:48
Let's talk mainly about CoH here rather than the mechanics of beta testing thanks.
I'm talking about whether 4.0 Update will be available in December? Or just available as a Beta?

The Update is mentioned in the OP..

"X4: Cradle of Humanity will be accompanied by the biggest free update to X4: Foundations yet. Update 4.0 will be made available to all owners of the base game and is set to further enhance X4: Foundations in a number of ways, including major new gameplay features (e.g. a new terraforming feature) and wide-ranging visual improvements (e.g. volumetric fog). Details of these, and on other new elements of the 4.0 update, will be disclosed at a later stage."

So I'm sticking to topic.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 11. Oct 20, 20:16

4.0 update will have have a public beta first so we are some time away from stable version

hxsgame
x4

Post by hxsgame » Mon, 12. Oct 20, 18:27

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 11. Oct 20, 20:16
4.0 update will have have a public beta first so we are some time away from stable version
Mybe we are some time away from the 4.0 public beta.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 12. Oct 20, 18:32

hxsgame wrote:
Mon, 12. Oct 20, 18:27
Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 11. Oct 20, 20:16
Mybe we are some time away from the 4.0 public beta.
my hope is end of November the latest

Return to “X4: Foundations”