X4: Cradle of Humanity (Release Date March 16, 2021, 6pm CET; Livestream at 5pm CET)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: X4: Cradle of Humanity - Unveiling the next chapter of X4: Foundations

Post by CBJ » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 14:13

I've rather lost track of which particular rabbit hole this discussion has gone down. Let's get it back on topic, please. :)

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 14:22

That's the uchrony of the CoF's lore you expect? Because Stalin hasn't been assassinated (but he believed that his fellows will).
To return to subject, it would be nice to have new models for Terrans and then for Argons too.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 14:28

Is anyone else wondering whats going on with this npc in the trailer? Is it a graphical glitch or is he a cyborg or something? https://youtu.be/__973uiwrkY?t=148
Also, the npc right after him looks really pale and strange? (in a cool way). Maybe terrans are going to be quite different from the argon.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 14:49

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 2. Oct 20, 14:28
Is it a graphical glitch..
I'm fairly sure it's this. I saw something similar a few weeks ago, which I believe has since been corrected. :)

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 14:58

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 2. Oct 20, 14:49
Axeface wrote:
Fri, 2. Oct 20, 14:28
Is it a graphical glitch..
I'm fairly sure it's this. I saw something similar a few weeks ago, which I believe has since been corrected. :)
Expectations corrected, thanks :) I was convinced it was like a hologram projection of an npc or a cyborg.

SwizzleStick86
x4

X4: CoH updates?

Post by SwizzleStick86 » Mon, 5. Oct 20, 20:31

Been a while since we've seen any kind of updates, screenshots, etc on the new expansion or version 4.0...anybody else heard anything?
"It can only be attributable to human error."
-HAL 9000

Buzz2005
x4

Re: X4: CoH updates?

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 5. Oct 20, 21:25

end of this year, at least they hope for dlc, probably Q1 2021 but a 4.0 patch beta is a safe bet it will come this year, stable version very doubtful since the beta will take a lot od time as its a big one

3.0 beta was 2 months or more as I remember
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

SwizzleStick86
x4

Post by SwizzleStick86 » Mon, 5. Oct 20, 22:29

Yeah I remember that beta took a while (lots of fixes). But it also seemed we got a few more updates and whatnot before the last DLC + big update. (Yes I know it hasn't been very long since the announcement, this is my favorite game and stress relief so I'm being impatient lol)
"It can only be attributable to human error."
-HAL 9000

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Tue, 6. Oct 20, 11:59

Should be great to have patches for 3.30 before the release of the 4.00.
There are lot of bugs that deserve to be fixed without to wait for 6 months : findpath for docking of S/M ships, Xenon stations that do not explode...

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 6. Oct 20, 12:25

4.0 is the patch for 3.3, nothing before that, beta is likely a month away, I hope :)
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: X4: Cradle of Humanity *UPDATE* New release window // First look at a new ship

Post by Gregory » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 14:38

New release window for X4: Cradle of Humanity // First look at a new ship
More than a month has passed since we unveiled the next expansion for X4: Foundations at gamescom 2020. X4: Cradle of Humanity brings the X series back to Earth and expands the game's universe with new sectors and two Terran factions, including their economies, ships, weapons and stations. The expansion tells new stories and introduces the identity and political stance of the Terran factions, as well as giving an alternative perspective on existing story developments in X4: Foundations.

New release window – Q1 2021
We start with the not-so-good news. Although only about six weeks have passed since our unveiling of X4: Cradle of Humanity, it has become clear during that time that our originally announced goal of a release by the end of 2020 will not be achievable.

We are currently aiming for a release of X4: Cradle of Humanity in the first quarter of 2021. We apologize for this delay, but we are absolutely sure that this decision will be good for the expansion, and will improve the quality of X4: Cradle of Humanity to meet both your and our own expectations. We will, of course, keep you informed about the further development progress of X4: Cradle of Humanity and will provide you with further insights in the coming weeks.

A new ship - but whose is it?
To keep you excited for X4: Cradle of Humanity in spite of the postponement, we have decided to show you one of the new ships that will find its way into the game through the expansion.

>> Screenshot 1 <<
>> Screenshot 2 <<

Unusual, isn't it? We don't want to give too much away at this point - but you may already have an idea who this ship might belong to? We are looking forward to reading your theories in the forums, on Reddit or on our social media channels.

3.30 stability patch on the way
A new patch for the current 3.30 version of X4: Foundations will be available for download very soon. This is purely a stability patch, which means that it does not include any gameplay changes or new features. "3.30 Hotfix 1", as the patch is officially called, fixes, among other things, a display corruption experienced by players with AMD Radeon™ RX 5600 XT graphics cards with the Glow option enabled. This patch will go through a short Public Beta period before full release, and you are all invited to take part! Visit bit.ly/x4foundationsbeta for details on how to do so.

New merchandise now available
We have added two new merch items to our shop at bit.ly/x-merch in the past few weeks. In addition to our previously available Split and Teladi designs, you’ll now find a neutral motif with the X4: Foundations logo for t-shirts and hoodies. A cap with the X4 logo on the front is also new, and you can choose from eight different colors! Have a look at bit.ly/x-merch to see if there is something for you.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

salking
x4

Re: X4: Cradle of Humanity *UPDATE* New release window // First look at a new ship

Post by salking » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 14:57

First I thought paranid ship, or at least that it was used as the base.
Maybe the new pirate faction?
Or rather, is the Yaki returning?
Haven't really been keeping up with CoH since announcement.

VStraken
x4

Post by VStraken » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 15:00

Reminds me of one of the Yaki ships, maybe the Susanowa!

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 15:11

https://youtu.be/LabrDe4XJo0?t=57

reminds me of these crossed with the main body shape i.e thin long nose of a x4 paranid s ship i think it was.

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/a ... 1538403926 that maybe
Last edited by Skeeter on Wed, 7. Oct 20, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 15:14

If it were a car with those containers full of nitro, then it would be fast. But racer's don't have four hardpoints. Usually.
Small, fast, and armed smells like pirate. Whiskers make no sense though.

Release window ... contact the Easter Bunny for weather report. :wink:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 15:19

Its a Neutral Terran system ship with UON on it - so it belongs to the University of Nottingham. :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Wehrwolf_10
x4

Post by Wehrwolf_10 » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 15:49

Gregory wrote:
Wed, 7. Oct 20, 14:38
New release window for X4: Cradle of Humanity // First look at a new ship

A new ship - but whose is it?
To keep you excited for X4: Cradle of Humanity in spite of the postponement, we have decided to show you one of the new ships that will find its way into the game through the expansion.

>> Screenshot 1 <<
>> Screenshot 2 <<
It looks like a Paranid pirate ship. This fighter probably belongs to the Duke's Buccaneers.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 16:23

Not really a fan of the ship if it's for the Terrans. It doesn't seem like a sleek Terran design.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 16:28

I resolved a while ago to take a break from all computer games until the launch of the 2nd DLC. I guess that means I won't be playing stuff until Q1 2021! Which is okay, I've pretty much grown bored of every other game at this point. Even X4, I've dredged out all the satisfaction the game can afford me until I get to see new game content, and especially improved game mechanics.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 17:02

:( :( Longer wait.

And its Xenon tech mixed with the paranid pegasus, its going to be Yaki? (as they used paranid models in x3), maybe some kind of plot involving them using xenon tech which the terrans obviously wont like.

Edit: Actually, its possible we are all wrong about it being Yaki. Could it be the Beryll, as they dealt with Xenon stuff illegally I think. Cant really remember much lore.
Edit2: Looking it up and remembering, the Beryll ARE the Yaki right? I cant remember!
Last edited by Axeface on Wed, 7. Oct 20, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X4: Foundations”