EGOSOFT @ gamescom 2020

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MHDriver
x4

Re: EGOSOFT @ gamescom 2020

Post by MHDriver » Fri, 21. Aug 20, 00:06

Good news and good timing. Nice to see an indie studio pumping out content on a regular basis putting some AAA types to shame. Oh, and when is the refresh for XR again??? :mrgreen:

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Fri, 21. Aug 20, 11:59

"names are for tombstones baby..."

regardless looking forward to hearing about the next expansion its not spoilt anything :)

Wehrwolf_10
x4

Post by Wehrwolf_10 » Fri, 21. Aug 20, 22:32

Expeditionary Fleet 63, this is the Captain of ATF Aegir. Take a position near the gate!

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Sat, 22. Aug 20, 16:05

Probably the best post release gaming company out there!

With the wackiest launches. :mrgreen:

Can't wait! :thumb_up:

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 14:00

Look forward to hear what's in store for X4!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

fridl
x4

Post by fridl » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 15:26

After the game itself is in good shape today, I'm looking forward not only to the DLC but also to the things they will pack to the update that will for sure come along. With that we will already get some impressions. And, for sure, if Release of the DLC is in Q1 the first Betas for the 3.5 or 4.0 will be be "soon".
What I'm really, really curious about is, if egosoft is going to continue working on X4 for some years with DLC after DLC (what I think would be great), or if they'll go after the second DLC in the direction of a "X5". I hope for the first. After the game is now something like "stable" it would be so cool to work on the base game for some more years and expand the universe with more and more things by adding DLCs. (IMHO)

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Tue, 25. Aug 20, 00:00

I do hope it's more factions than just the ATF?

I think we need allot more Factions in the game to spice things up, something has to break Paranid dominance of every playthrough.

Great to see E**** making a comeback, but i'm hoping it's allot more than just new factions, ships, sectors, we have plenty of the 3.
We need diplomacy to continuously keep shifting so what was calm space on the border becomes chaotic a day later and vice versa.
I love the randomness in X4, but in the end it's generally the same pattern, Xenon are quiet, then they steamroll the Split and the Teladi, the Paranid end up capturing 1 third of Xenon space.
Played the game now for nearly more hours than X:Rebirth and it's getting predictable how factions progress if you just sit back and watch them go at it.
Interesting to see how the T****** change the dynamic of the current set up like what we have seen in Split Vendetta, but even that will get predictable after another 40 hours of gameplay.
We need something that will change that and keep us guessing, a better diplomacy will help in that.

I also hope there are new features I haven't thought of, that will amaze!
You've got my money for this new DLC regardless.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 25. Aug 20, 14:23

spankahontis wrote:
Tue, 25. Aug 20, 00:00
We need diplomacy to continuously keep shifting so what was calm space on the border becomes chaotic a day later and vice versa.
What if you want to build and trade, and not fight? Chaos looks bad in the ledger. Are there "borders"? Granted, deep space strikes are hampered by logistics, but not unheard of.

There are two "diplomacy": what NPC does to NPC and what player can do.

The former can't be just RNG or clock. ("Whose side is Jack on?" "At the moment?" or "It is High Noon. Time to die. I'll love you again in 2 hours and 16 minutes.") It can't be an optimal strategy either: "Gentlemen, the pesky player is our common enemy. Lets coordinate our attacks."

The latter is Captain Jack's habit to sow ideas (that benefit himself). Would be nice to be able to whisper to Almighty RNG: Ceterum autem censeo Paranidae esse delendam?

Split say: DLC will be awesome. More things to shoot at! :split:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 26. Aug 20, 17:31

jlehtone wrote:
Tue, 25. Aug 20, 14:23
spankahontis wrote:
Tue, 25. Aug 20, 00:00
What if you want to build and trade, and not fight? Chaos looks bad in the ledger. Are there "borders"? Granted, deep space strikes are hampered by logistics, but not unheard of.

There are two "diplomacy": what NPC does to NPC and what player can do.

The former can't be just RNG or clock. ("Whose side is Jack on?" "At the moment?" or "It is High Noon. Time to die. I'll love you again in 2 hours and 16 minutes.") It can't be an optimal strategy either: "Gentlemen, the pesky player is our common enemy. Lets coordinate our attacks."

The latter is Captain Jack's habit to sow ideas (that benefit himself). Would be nice to be able to whisper to Almighty RNG: Ceterum autem censeo Paranidae esse delendam?

Split say: DLC will be awesome. More things to shoot at! :split:

Which is what this would help and like any real life market, changes happen that effect it. They adapt or they go bankrupt?
Just as weapons development firms push for war in governments through lobbying, a shrewd businessman in X Games can try and orchestrate "Pearl Harbour moments" that bring factions to war and thus make corporations a ton of money in arms sales all round.

I agree, this shouldn't be a drunken spat, hate you one moment and then love you a few hours later, peace should be a LONG and COSTLY road to achieve if you want it?
X games are purely war based economies (Which personally I wish they weren't) As I too want a build/trade playthrough rather than war at times.

Split will always go full Klingon.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 10:45

Terraforming?

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 12:28

CaptainRAVE wrote:
Thu, 27. Aug 20, 10:45
Terraforming?
Probably just a resource sink to gain workforce faster :)

(I do hope I’m wrong though as this would be pretty lame new feature)

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 15:10

rene6740 wrote:
Thu, 27. Aug 20, 12:28
CaptainRAVE wrote:
Thu, 27. Aug 20, 10:45
Terraforming?
Probably just a resource sink to gain workforce faster :)

(I do hope I’m wrong though as this would be pretty lame new feature)
I bet its a hostile mechanic the xenon do.

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 23:40

Quick note: teaser premiere on IGN will be delayed a bit since Opening Night Live took longer than originally planned. Teaser premiere will be somewhere between midnight CEST - 1am CEST on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuWrexYHCyQ // https://www.twitch.tv/ign

Sometime throughout the European night they will then also upload the teaser to their YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/ign and tomorrow at 7pm CEST we'll also upload it to our own channel.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

jannix
x4

Post by jannix » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 04:29

Trailer looks great. :) I can't wait!

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 15:51

Has anyone used the indie booth? Any new info there? I dont want to register for it.

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 16:11

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 15:51
Has anyone used the indie booth? Any new info there? I dont want to register for it.
It's available at https://online.indiearenabooth.com/ but it is dealing with quite some technical issues, unfortunately. They're constantly working on it and updating throughout the gamescom days. Registration is mandatory though.

YechTiWawa
x4

Post by YechTiWawa » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 16:18

All of I want know about X4: Cradle of Humanity, it would you add reverse engineering to HQ, as it was in X3? Blueprints, it’s very bad decision. If anyone will be play aggressive now, he will deprive himself of a lot of ships and equipment. Because if you want build or upgrade your ship you need good standing or blueprints. In X3 you can build any ship by means of reverse engineering, and use any equipment because it just loot.
I wrote about this before viewtopic.php?f=146&t=426520

Hero77
x4

Post by Hero77 » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 16:22

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 15:51
No new infos there. Its just links to the already available information/trailer and discord etc..
i7-5960X @4Ghz 8 Cores, RTX 2080 Founders Edition, 64GB DDR4 RAM

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Sat, 29. Aug 20, 20:40

The AMA is starting in 20 minutes and you can already post your questions --> https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/ ... tion_game/

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Sat, 29. Aug 20, 22:49

Bernd is now live in a casual chat on the official gamescom retro area stream at https://now.gamescom.global/area/retro.html 🕹️ Also participating are several Factor5 team members, Rebecca Heineman (you might have seen her in Netflix's "High Score" recently), Jon Hare (i.a. Cannon Fodder, Sensible Soccer) and many more! Enjoy!

Return to “X4: Foundations”