Update 3.30 now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Update 3.30 now available

Post by Gregory » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 14:37

Less than two months after releasing the 3.20 update and introducing the new Trade Rules feature, we're ready to let everyone experience the next big batch of improvements and changes to X4: Foundations. The 3.30 update is now available for you to download!

As well as plenty of gameplay improvements, we're especially excited to tell you about the new crew transfer system, which has been completely overhauled to give players an easier way to transfer crew between ships.

While X4: Foundations previously required this to be done as an order, with the two ships having to meet first, there are now far fewer restrictions. Crew members can be transferred between ships regardless of their location, with the crew using transport capsules to move to their new assignment. Crew transfers can now be used to move any number of people, from a single crew member to an entire ship‘s crew. You‘ll also find it a lot easier to assign a captain to an unmanned ship!

The user interface for the new crew transfer system can be found under the Empire Overview in X4: Foundations.

If you'd like to see and hear more about this new feature before experiencing it for yourself in the game, here are some suggested videos from Werit and Captain Collins, who are consistently creating great X4: Foundations content on their YouTube channels - thanks guys!

Update 3.30 also includes the following changes, among many others:
  • Improvements to alerts and notifications
  • More information on the Logical Station Overview
  • New map filters and key bindings
  • Enhancements and fixes to trade behaviour
  • Lots of smaller fixes and quality of life improvements
For the full change log to update 3.30, please visit our forum.

Enjoy our newest update to X4: Foundations, tell your friends about it and stay safe! Thank you for your continued support.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

beko
x4

Re: Update 3.30 now available

Post by beko » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 15:14

Ah… did you guys mayhap forget the GoG version for Linux PC or did GoG simply not catch up [again]? Has been some days now and really looking forward to a certain bugfix :wink:

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 15:22

CBJ replied in another thread, that 3.3 is on GOG but not the changelog, this was days ago though :?

GOG is always late with patches as this kind of posts are posted every time after a patch :D
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

beko
x4

Post by beko » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 15:29

Thanks Buzz2005 - was afraid of this :D So I'll keep on waiting :roll:

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 15:58

beko wrote:
Mon, 3. Aug 20, 15:29
Thanks Buzz2005 - was afraid of this :D So I'll keep on waiting :roll:
did you check? what I meant is maybe you have 3.3 already installed but there is no changelog or indication that its updated
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

beko
x4

Post by beko » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 16:07

Buzz2005 wrote:
Mon, 3. Aug 20, 15:58
did you check? what I meant is maybe you have 3.3 already installed but there is no changelog or indication that its updated
No can do. I have to wait for 3.30 to show up on my account to download it manually. There is no GoG Galaxy for Linux PC. It's an ongoing joke. Should have picked it up on Steam :shock:

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 16:16

beko wrote:
Mon, 3. Aug 20, 16:07
Buzz2005 wrote:
Mon, 3. Aug 20, 15:58
No can do. I have to wait for 3.30 to show up on my account to download it manually. There is no GoG Galaxy for Linux PC. It's an ongoing joke. Should have picked it up on Steam :shock:
GOG and linux :o :lol: , you really stepped into it

beko
x4

Post by beko » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 16:22

Buzz2005 wrote:
Mon, 3. Aug 20, 16:16
GOG and linux :o :lol: , you really stepped into it
Could say the same with Rebirth - not going to connect my Steam account to anything :lol:

Anyway. That's OffTopic :)

beko
x4

Post by beko » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 17:39

…and it's there :gruebel:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 17:57

That would be because we gave them an extra nudge when you told us you still couldn't get it. :)

spooidz
x4

Post by spooidz » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 20:37

As of this AM I can't get GOG manual Update to work, it says Game Install not found no matter where I place the .exe

So I tried to re-download and noticed a discrepancy in the GOG file:

I have a current X4 v3.20 Install (400261).

The X4 Tech Support Forum shows: Current Version and Build Number: 3.30 (406216) - 2020-07-30

But Gog has this Upload: patch_x4_foundations_3.20_(38795)_to_3.30_(39994).exe

And GOG has the full game for Download: setup_x4_foundations_3.30_(64bit)_(39994).exe

Does GOG have a bad upload(s) ?
Last edited by spooidz on Mon, 3. Aug 20, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 20:41

I suspect that those will be unique-to-GOG (and Linux?) builds. It would be best to ask GOG in any case.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

spooidz
x4

Post by spooidz » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 20:48

Are you saying the GOG game is not the same internal game as Egosoft STEAM?

I thought GOG was just a vendor, uploading the exact Egosoft game data?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 21:30

How can they be exactly the same? GOG doesn't have the same exe otherwise it would start Steam. Also no Steam achievement captures, not the same Venture, etc.

As I said, it's best to ask GOG.

KlausM
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by KlausM » Tue, 4. Aug 20, 15:38

spooidz wrote:
Mon, 3. Aug 20, 20:37
The X4 Tech Support Forum shows: Current Version and Build Number: 3.30 (406216) - 2020-07-30

And GOG has the full game for Download: setup_x4_foundations_3.30_(64bit)_(39994).exe

The build number (currently 406216 for version 3.30) is the same on all platforms and operating systems. The numbers in the GOG file names are apparently GOG-specific and not related to our build numbers, so this is nothing to worry about.

spooidz
x4

Post by spooidz » Tue, 4. Aug 20, 16:14

KlausM wrote:
Tue, 4. Aug 20, 15:38
spooidz wrote:
Mon, 3. Aug 20, 20:37

The build number (currently 406216 for version 3.30) is the same on all platforms and operating systems. The numbers in the GOG file names are apparently GOG-specific and not related to our build numbers, so this is nothing to worry about.
Thank You for the confirmation.

I will try to get further with GOG because if their different version number is what their Updater is looking for (the reason the updater says the game is not installed), it will never find it because the last resulting version will always be current Egosoft and not GOG. This will force all GOG updates to require full re-installs every time.

I would hope it would be a simple fix on GOG end to just use the last valid Egosoft ver numbers and not arbitrary.

KlausM
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by KlausM » Tue, 4. Aug 20, 16:30

spooidz wrote:
Tue, 4. Aug 20, 16:14
I would hope it would be a simple fix on GOG end to just use the last valid Egosoft ver numbers and not arbitrary.
Just for your information, the GOG installer/updater does not have any knowledge of the X4 build numbers used by Egosoft, it uses its own numbering scheme. So the numbers being different cannot be the reason for a problem with the updater.

SoLate
x4

Post by SoLate » Sat, 17. Oct 20, 08:47

So I wanted to make sure the devs saw this... it was left by someone on steam... and from the look of it, many players feel the same...

I started playing the X games YEARS AGO... back before TC... I fell in love with TC X3 and played it many times until I was having dreams about it.
I was hoping X4 would live up to that... sadly I was wrong... so very very wrong. The great thing about most X games is that they were just automated enough where the player could have a fleet and still play the game.
That is not the case with this game. IF... you can figure out how to play it, cause almost all the tutorials are broken in one way or another, you'll spend another 5 to 9 hours trying to get it to do what you want and NEED it to do. Further, you don't get to play your game... cause your always telling your fleet what to do. Walking around is cool... but it's at a cost of the galaxy size... the new crew feature is enjoyable... but all those skills are wasted half the time cause of almost no automation so no time to play YOUR game... because it's always about the fleet.

I am very saddened and disappointed by X4, and I understand why there is no demo... on steam, had I known I would have NEVER bought this game. Honestly, had Egosoft taken x3 ships and controls updated the graphics, and gave it x4 story. X4 would have been MUCH MUCH better. I am done with this game for now, after 16 hours of owning it. I say for now, cause I am hoping for a real update, One that fixes the bugs, and adds some automation to fleet actions. Trade Command Software Mk3 needs to be brought back, so trading and mining can be more automated, training crew needs to be fixed, etc... until then I am done
Egosoft... you have really let this X game lover down...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 17. Oct 20, 14:09

@ SoLate: It's odd that you register here to post somebody else's undated remarks about X4 made on the Steam forum yet without adding any actual indication of your own opinions.

Also how do you know that they haven't already posted their opinions here under their perhaps different Egosoft forum name?

In my opinion, assuming a level of support or disagreement for a very subjective opinion is always a risky undertaking. It is usual practice to start a firsthand topical thread here and so give people the opportunity to make their own cases. This announcement thread is not the right place. :wink:

Return to “X4: Foundations”