Public Beta update 3.30 now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Public Beta update 3.30 now available

Post by Gregory » Thu, 25. Jun 20, 16:57

Since the release of update 3.20 for X4: Foundations earlier this month, we've been working hard from our respective homes on more improvements and new features to be integrated into the game. We are happy to announce that we are starting the beta phase for the upcoming 3.30 update today.

What's the new crew transfer feature?
The crew transfer system has been completely overhauled in the 3.30 update to give players a new way to transfer crew between ships. While X4: Foundations previously required that this be done as an order, with the two ships having to meet first, there are now far fewer restrictions.

The transfer of crew members between two ships is now possible regardless of the location of the ships, with crew members to be moved now making their way directly to their new ship in transport capsules. You'll find the new user interface for crew transfer as part of the Empire Overview in X4: Foundations.

With the 3.30 update, these new crew transfers can be initiated from anywhere, whether you want to transfer only single crew members to another ship, or exchange complete crews in one go. You will also find it a lot easier to assign a captain to an unmanned ship, for example.

Public Beta Update 3.30 also includes the following changes, among others:
  • Improvements to alerts and notifications
  • More information on the Logical Station Overview
  • New map filters and key bindings
  • Enhancements and fixes to trade behaviour
  • Lots of smaller fixes and quality of life improvements
For the full change log to Public Beta Update 3.30, please visit our forum.

How do I participate in the Public Beta?
Everyone who owns X4: Foundations can download the Public Beta version of the game. In order to ensure that Public Beta participants are aware of the risks and rules involved, we ask all interested players to visit our forum to read the rules and disclaimers, as well as practical instructions on how to participate in the Public Beta. Follow this link to our forum (no registration required) to find the relevant information.

We would like to thank all beta testers and would be delighted if you would like to support us further. And of course we also welcome newcomers to the beta testing process.

Thanks for your continued support!
-Team Egosoft
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

Pyrophoros
x4

Re: Public Beta update 3.30 now available

Post by Pyrophoros » Thu, 25. Jun 20, 19:57

Last night I was noticing how many laser towers were on the highway. And was wondering how I could get to them. Wake up and you took care of it! :) You really are awesome Egosoft. Thanks for this huge beta release.
I've been on the beta branch with the same playthrough since 1.2. Well, over a year. 1200+ hours in this one session. Amazing work you all do.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Thu, 25. Jun 20, 19:59

Pyrophoros wrote:
Thu, 25. Jun 20, 19:57
Last night I was noticing how many laser towers were on the highway. And was wondering how I could get to them. Wake up and you took care of it! :) You really are awesome Egosoft. Thanks for this huge beta release.
I've been on the beta branch with the same playthrough since 1.2. Well, over a year. 1200+ hours in this one session. Amazing work you all do.
Indeed they do. I didn't expect a new beta this soon.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 01:56

I gave a 1 management star manager a 1 star management seminar, and he immediately jumped to 2 management stars. That was nice!

Gave a 1 and 1/3 pilot a 1 star piloting seminar, and he immediately became 2 and 1/3rd stars. So it was a full 1 star bump.

Gave a 3 and 1/3rd pilot a 3 star seminar and he immediately became a 4 and 1/3rd star pilot. Again, a full 1 star bump.
Last edited by grapedog on Fri, 26. Jun 20, 03:42, edited 3 times in total.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 02:07

Do player mining ships now require resource probes? I've got 126 missions now, of which I am guessing close to 120 of them are from my ships wanting resource probes. Will they continue to mine without them, or do i have to start dropping resource probes like a mad person? This is my second long playthrough on Vanilla, and I specifically decided to go minimal sat coverage, and instead rely on revisiting known stations and trade subscriptions, in order to cut down on the amount of crap I have littering the map. I still have plenty of satellites, but they're mostly near gates and accelerators, so I can see traffic that has ALERTS set. I'd love to not have to litter the map now with resource probes instead of satellites.

Also, resources can be mined out temporarily... am I going to have to constantly spend large chunks of time dropping and picking up resource probes to find good concentrations in the same sectors, over and over again? That's probably one of the few things I would find INCREDIBLY aggravating, would be wasting time constantly having to manage resource probes.

Also, my PHQ which I turned into a trade station, doesn't produce anything on it's own. It also only has S and M docks. I've got two missions for the PHQ, one of which is to restock cargo drones. I was under the impression that I would only need cargo drones for L and XL ships. I know some few M ships have them, but none of those are "trade" ships. It's also asking me to assign it a miner. I assume it's not asking for traders, because I already have traders assigned. But as it produces nothing, it's just buying and selling wares, it shouldn't be asking for a mining ship to be assigned.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 13:11

My favorites:

New Feature: Improved personnel management and crew transfer system.
Added option to put docked ships into internal storage.
Added map background opacity option.
Improved balancing of seminars (increased effectiveness, increased price, reduced quantity available).

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 13:51

OK... some great improvements. Bravo Egosoft!!!

Now for the Bad part...

Where can I post bugs on the Beta? Already found one or two (natural since it is a Beta but how will you people know so you can fix it?)

A. The crew transfer function seems great but how can I transfer somebody changing designation? Already TWO NPC's have been "Lost in Cyberspace" trying to put a Manager to a Station from a ship that was already docked on it!!!

B. I encountered a mine that does not have a "death wish". I was clearing mines around a station and the last one was found 145 km away!!! When I approached it started moving away from me (no speed indicated) and it was impossible to hit it!!!

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 13:54

dtpsprt wrote:
Fri, 26. Jun 20, 13:51
Where can I post bugs on the Beta? Already found one or two (natural since it is a Beta but how will you people know so you can fix it?)
Go to the board index, and look at the very bottom, should be X3 beta at the very bottom, then XR above that, then above that X4 beta feedback. The posting guidelines are posted at the top of that forum.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 13:58

How do you even get the beta without knowing where the public beta forum is? :?

@ dtpsprt: Post your manager transfer issue information in here. Your mine issue will a need a new thread in that forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 18:18

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 26. Jun 20, 13:11
Improved balancing of seminars (increased effectiveness, increased price, reduced quantity available).
Great! Exactly what I wanted.

Are the crew transfer drones just like the Rebirth ones? If so then again, exactly what I asked for :)

Staur106
x4

Thank you Egosoft

Post by Staur106 » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 18:33

i know this is not ment to be here but becouse it is the beta i desited to put it here this new beta of yours have really improved my Framerate in game and i'm really Thankfull for that, keep up the good work :d

<Moved and merged. Alan Phipps>

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 19:01

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 26. Jun 20, 13:58
How do you even get the beta without knowing where the public beta forum is? :?

@ dtpsprt: Post your manager transfer issue information in here. Your mine issue will a need a new thread in that forum.
Thanks a lot... as for how I got the Beta? Through Steam. it has less information at some point than the X4 Manual!!!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 19:50

Heh, but to get the beta from Steam you must have used the password and instructions from the public beta forum. Spooky. isn't it? :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 21:13

Brilliant update, a huge amount of very nice additions and fixes.

I have one thing which seems unusual (compaired with previous release 3.20)

Anyone else experience NPC piloted ships (I am usually standing in the Nemesis, or recently Dragon Raider, while the NPC Pilots it) making approaches to docks (particularly 3m6s type docks) to be a bit more convoluted than usual?

I'm considering making a video and posting it in the beta forum, but just posting a feeler first see if its not just me.

They fly closer to the outside edge of the dock than they used to, and end up (for want of a better word) jigging about a lot as they scrape the paintwork, very slowly edging the ship around to the entrance of the dock .. I'm calling it the docking Hokey Kokey

( OT but Funny video, Bill Bailley Kraftwerk Tribute Das Hokey Kokey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwaxWoJPUC0 )

Docking a ship now reminds me of that song :) (You put your left wing in, your left wing out, in out in out and shake it all about..).

Edit : Wrong link corrected for Das Hokey Kokey
Last edited by alt3rn1ty on Fri, 26. Jun 20, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 21:55

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Fri, 26. Jun 20, 21:13
Brilliant update, a huge amount of very nice additions and fixes.

I have one thing which seems unusual (compaired with previous release 3.20)

Anyone else experience NPC piloted ships (I am usually standing in the Nemesis, or recently Dragon Raider, while the NPC Pilots it) making approaches to docks (particularly 3m6s type docks) to be a bit more convoluted than usual?

I'm considering making a video and posting it in the beta forum, but just posting a feeler first see if its not just me.

They fly closer to the outside edge of the dock than they used to, and end up (for want of a better word) jigging about a lot as they scrape the paintwork, very slowly edging the ship around to the entrance of the dock .. I'm calling it the docking Hokey Kokey

( OT but Funny video, Bill Bailley Kraftwerk Tribute Das Hokey Kokey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88x5mjyJxoc )

Docking a ship now reminds me of that song :) (You put your left wing in, your left wing out, in out in out and shake it all about..).
Same here... put a post in the BETA bugs forum

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 23:42

dtpsprt wrote:
Fri, 26. Jun 20, 21:55
Same here... put a post in the BETA bugs forum
Done viewtopic.php?f=192&t=428641
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Tilen
x4

Post by Tilen » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 11:27

The patch notes mention the fixing of some storyline wharves/ shipyards being disassembled.

Does this include TEM? And what if they already have disassembled theirs. Will they now rebuild it?

EDIT: I am willing to kiss any Egosoft employee that can definitely answer this. Don't be shy, boys!

EDIT: preliminary observations seem to indicate that TEM will not rebuild their ship building capabilities.
Praise Bernd!

Altimis
x4

Post by Altimis » Wed, 8. Jul 20, 08:10

Not a bug report but I want to ask someone test this.

Did they finally fix AI behavior not react OOS?

Try this, create Fleet, put wingman on "Intercept" or "defend".

IS - AI do what as expect. Intercept, they will go fight before target coming close. Defend, they will shoot back when got damage.

OOS - AI simple just not doing anything if player not IS or around.

However, Attack working fine both OOS and IS, they attack together. Just Intercept and Defend, they do nothing OOS. But IS they doing fine.

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Thu, 9. Jul 20, 16:17

Version 3 of the 3.30 Beta is now available! See viewtopic.php?f=192&t=405397 for the full changelog.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 9. Jul 20, 22:15

[Beta 3] Fixed ships armed only with missile launchers sometimes not firing when attacking capital ships or stations.

Now just make so that NPC do not change/swap missiles during auto-resupply and I'll consider missiles usable in X4 :)
I'd really like if theauto resupply would remember the last equiped missiles types and refill them, instead just going for the heaviest type within class.

Return to “X4: Foundations”