Update 3.10 + 3.20 Beta 3 now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Update 3.10 + 3.20 Beta 3 now available

Post by Gregory » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 18:29

*Update May 5th, 2020*
The Beta Update for version 3.20 of X4: Foundations is now available. Please check out the corresponding thread for a change log and details on how to participate in the beta.
________

*Update April 8th, 2020*
Update 3.10 for X4: Foundations is now publicly available. Download the update now to benefit from a new batch of improvements and changes to the game.
________

*Original post, April 7th, 2020*
After a few eventful days following the release of X4: Foundations 3.00 and X4: Split Vendetta, we are now entering a new public beta phase. We have just released a Public Beta version of the upcoming 3.10 update for X4: Foundations.

Public Beta Update 3.10 includes the following changes, among others:
  • Added mission to expand HQ if selected research requires excessive resources.
  • Improved balance and pricing of recruitable personnel on station docks.
  • Improved performance for games where player owns very large number of ships and stations.
  • Improved colour differentiation between racial Construction Vessel ships.
  • Improved storage capacity of Split mining ships.
  • Improved mastering of legacy music tracks.
  • Fixed some missing voice recordings in German, French and Russian localisations.
  • Fixed certain hazardous regions giving massive numbers of crystal drops.
  • Fixed wrong faction sometimes being blamed when ships or stations are destroyed.
  • Fixed mining drones not launching to collect broken-down asteroids they had earlier marked for collection but didn't collect due to cancellation.
  • Fixed male Split characters sometimes having female voices with Split Vendetta installed.
  • Fixed engine sound problems under specific circumstances.
  • Fixed graphical artefacts for AMD Navi GPUs (5600/5700).
  • Fixed several causes of crashes.
For the full change log to Public Beta Update 3.10, please visit this thread.

How do I participate in the Public Beta?
In order to ensure that Public Beta participants are aware of the risks and rules involved, we ask all interested players to visit our forum to read the rules and disclaimers, as well as practical instructions on how to participate in the Public Beta. Follow this link to find the relevant information in our Public Beta forum.

We would like to thank all beta testers who were involved in testing the big 3.00 update and would be delighted if you would like to support us further. And of course we also welcome newcomers to the beta testing process.

Thanks for your continued support!
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Tue, 26. May 20, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

lordpazuzu
x4

Re: Public Beta update 3.10 now available

Post by lordpazuzu » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 18:37

wow this was fast!!! those are very welcome changes!!

steph2019

Post by steph2019 » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 18:57

the one i was awaiting ... even if the 3.0 is objectively faster but still 6 fps (arf yes i don't want to restart )
"Improved performance for games where player owns very large number of ships and stations."

congrats by the way and keep doing the good job

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 21:35

Thank you this is wonderful!

Quite a few those are going be awesome especially the legacy music.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 09:49

Great job, as these are very welcome changes!
My favourites:
* Improved balance and pricing of recruitable personnel on station docks
* Improved performance for games where player owns very large number of ships and stations.
* Improved mastering of legacy music tracks.
* Fixed graphical artefacts for AMD Navi GPUs (5600/5700).

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 09:52

Fixed excessive ware amounts required for final stage of Paranid plot.
Are the excessive ware requirements for the split plot ever going to be fixed or even acknowledged?

EDIT: No it has not been fixed.
We still need to deliver 22,222,222 missile components.
Will there ever be a response to this?

EDIT: It's being looked into by the devs.
Last edited by Matthew94 on Wed, 8. Apr 20, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

Raevyan
x4

Re: Update 3.10 now available

Post by Raevyan » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 12:51

You should probably activate SETA to catch up with the real time. We are already in April and not March as you stated in your update :)

SureAction
x4

Post by SureAction » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 14:02

This broke the game for me.. I cant get into ships anymore because the capitan doesnt want to stand up. im using VRO and XR Shippack
everything was fine untill 3.10..

i tryed everything the capitan wont do anyorders, he cant leave his position i cant dismiss him aswell.. is there are way to get back to 3.0?

Habe auch 299 Inaktive Missonen wo ich Credits überweisen soll.. Sobald ich das getan habe kommt unten links die Meldung 300 mal..

Mondeza
x4

Post by Mondeza » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 14:22

Looks Like it broke the Young Guns Start for me. I cannot get through the Anomaly but I was able to after the 3.0 patch.

SureAction
x4

Post by SureAction » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 14:26

Mondeza wrote:
Wed, 8. Apr 20, 14:22
Looks Like it broke the Young Guns Start for me. I cannot get through the Anomaly but I was able to after the 3.0 patch.
smart to release the update after one day of public beta testing..

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 14:43

Please tell me you didn't just release it with broken station interactions... please tell me you didn't just do that.

kroobzh
x4

Post by kroobzh » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 17:15

radcapricorn wrote:
Wed, 8. Apr 20, 14:43
Please tell me you didn't just release it with broken station interactions... please tell me you didn't just do that.
Apparently they did not fix it)

steph2019

Post by steph2019 » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 19:34

In the perf area with very large empire:
I saw great improvement(and it is not ironic at all if you look at the percentage):
- from 6 fps previously in space to 15-20fps
- from 3-6 fps in to 4-10fps in the map view
sometime it is hanging up for a few sec in maps - it might become more visible now as the rest has improved
to be constructive, I can reproduce nearly systematically when I go to the owned stations, unaffected ships etc ...

Cyres
x4

Post by Cyres » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 20:21

kroobzh wrote:
Wed, 8. Apr 20, 17:15
radcapricorn wrote:
Wed, 8. Apr 20, 14:43
Apparently they did not fix it)
I'll wait for another patch until I will play again. This is a super annoying bug :|

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 20:28

Judging by comments from another discussion, another patch may not happen until after Easter.

I propose augmenting the 3.10 changelog for the time being:
  • Improved balance and pricing of recruitable personnel on station docks.
  • Have fun interacting with said personnel on said docks.
Need thicker oven mitts. Much thicker.
Last edited by radcapricorn on Wed, 8. Apr 20, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

sandalle
x4

Post by sandalle » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 20:31

SureAction wrote:
Wed, 8. Apr 20, 14:02
This broke the game for me.. I cant get into ships anymore because the capitan doesnt want to stand up. im using VRO and XR Shippack

i tryed everything the capitan wont do anyorders, he cant leave his position i cant dismiss him aswell.. is there are way to get back to 3.0?
I had the same issue when I first loaded. Saving the game, exiting, then reloading worked around this for me. I cannot seem to accept missions after 3.10 update, though.

blackether

Post by blackether » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 21:26

sandalle wrote:
Wed, 8. Apr 20, 20:31
SureAction wrote:
Wed, 8. Apr 20, 14:02

I had the same issue when I first loaded. Saving the game, exiting, then reloading worked around this for me. I cannot seem to accept missions after 3.10 update, though.
I've had several instances of similar things happening, along with many other UI/interaction bugs.

I have now had the "Use" interaction issue in VRO in 3.0, VRO in 3.10 Beta, and Vanilla 3.10 Beta. The captain has the "Use" command visible while piloting a ship, but interacting with them won't get them to stand up. From my experience it is in fact a vanilla issue that shows up in mods as well.

In vanilla 3.10 Beta I was able to reload a save and that reverted it (so sending in the save won't show the issue, unfortunately), but in the VRO instances they remained stuck after loading again. Newly built ships in those VRO cases seem to be working, but all old ships have their pilots stuck. A handful of ships in my VRO save won't respond to commands, either, and are just stuck in place docked at a station. I can fire the captain, give them orders, replace them... but they just stay in place and never go anywhere. Their commands are grayed out, and they won't undock.

I have also had a seemingly related issue when transferring crew (swapping captains between two ships) that one or both ships will become stuck just like the others. They say they have a captain but don't respond to commands - just stuck there docked forever. This has also caused some crew members to become duplicated since they become captain on the new ship while remaining stuck in their old ship.

Meanwhile, I will also occasionally lose the ability to interact with anyone in person on stations (the UI interaction elements never appear on screen and you can't just press "1" to get to their dialogue option), or if I can still interact with them, like the trader, their trade menu never shows up.

Lastly, in my main VRO save (about 40 hours deep now, started 3.0, updated to 3.10 hoping for fixes but did not see any) all the faction representative offices have disappeared. They aren't available to jump to in the station elevators. I have checked Teladi, Argon, Antigone, Paranid, and Holy Order - all offices gone.

Just to recap, interaction bugs seen:
- Being unable to make ship pilots stand to personally take over the ship. Firing the pilot also doesn't make them leave their position.
- Ships permanently stuck after docking
- Crew duplication in some instances of swapping pilots or having them "work somewhere else" for me
- Interaction UI elements never appear / no interaction options
- All faction rep offices have disappeared from the station elevator menu

All happened both while I was in-sector trying to do these things and while being out-of-sector. I was hoping unloading the sector would fix it, but it does not. It seems like there is a huge compounding issue with the UI/Interaction code that keeps getting worse the longer you play.

Titfortat
x4

Post by Titfortat » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 14:27

radcapricorn wrote:
Wed, 8. Apr 20, 20:28
Judging by comments from another discussion, another patch may not happen until after Easter.
That would be a real bummer, because some bugs, like being unable to explore the map are just :evil:

lordpazuzu
x4

Post by lordpazuzu » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 18:04

This is very strange, and is sad to hear that some people are getting issues like the ones exposed here. I tested all of this and I'm not having any problems and I'm playing 3.1, I have a huge empire that generates over 1.5 billion per hour; With this new patch the performance is greater now, I have a very high end rig but I can noticed the improvements from this patch. Maybe all of this issues are mods related thing? I hope so. I'll continue to test the issues people are having to see if maybe they appear on my game session.

SlaaneshUK

Post by SlaaneshUK » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 18:56

Latest patch has seemed to changed the female split player model. I mean, this is a bit of a minor quibble, but I don't feel so unique being a 'generic female Split.

Old Model: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 4358_1.jpg

New (bugged) Model: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 5525_1.jpg
Last edited by Terre on Thu, 9. Apr 20, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Return to “X4: Foundations”