[MOD]DeadAir Mods

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 01:35

lordofpie7000 wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 06:44
DeadAir, considering our specs are relatively close how much are you usually sitting at fps wise?

I'm starting another new save with the custom start you made, but I'm trying it with the low-intensity jobs.xml you posted. Can you tell me what the difference is between the standard and low-intensity version? I really enjoy have the phq in Shadow's End, but maybe it's the satellites being placed at every gate that's causing the slowdowns? I'm not really sure, so I'm trying to isolate the reason.
I'm usually at around 90+ except inside certain stations. Taking a break for a few days until ego fixes this game.

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 07:05

DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 7. Apr 20, 01:35
lordofpie7000 wrote:
DeadAir, considering our specs are relatively close how much are you usually sitting at fps wise?

I'm starting another new save with the custom start you made, but I'm trying it with the low-intensity jobs.xml you posted. Can you tell me what the difference is between the standard and low-intensity version? I really enjoy have the phq in Shadow's End, but maybe it's the satellites being placed at every gate that's causing the slowdowns? I'm not really sure, so I'm trying to isolate the reason.
I'm usually at around 90+ except inside certain stations. Taking a break for a few days until ego fixes this game.
Damn, I'm running as low as 23fps in some situations and not maxing beyond 63. Granted the main mods that would influence my fps are yours, Faction/Econ enhancer, and VRO.

I've tried the following combinations:

Vanilla - 55-90 fps
Deadair - 30-54 fps
Faction Enhancer - 30-50 fps
Deadair + FE + VRO - 20-45 fps
Deadair + FE = 20-45 fps

Station fps is bad throughout all of them though, with vanilla being 35-45 fps worst case, though that's been known for a while. Outside of the docks fps in vanilla is stable at 55-90. SO for anyone using any of those mods fps tanks pretty hard even on higher end systems. I'm not sure what ego did but the 3.0 does not play nice. 2.6 ran pretty smooth with my only real fps drops being in stations (expected). I don't think any of that really helps, but I tried to isolate where the issue might be, and sad to say that any major gameplay mods will tank fps pretty hard regardless of which one you use.

jcdj
x4

Post by jcdj » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 11:45

DeadAirRT wrote:
lordofpie7000 wrote:

I dont know if ego is aware about it... But I suppose they are. Take your deserved break and keep up the good work when you come back.

drhay53
x4

Post by drhay53 » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 22:02

I'm using your mods except for the gate overhaul, and all of the faction enhance mods. One oddity; there are no hydrogen or helium buy offers anywhere in the universe, after 25 hours in the save. Is there any way to debug this? Is it normal? I have never had more than 3 miners so it's not like there's an abnormal human contribution to the economy there.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 08:37

DeadAirRT wrote:
lordofpie7000 wrote:

Thanks for your hard-work. See you in 4.0.

ObsidianOne

Post by ObsidianOne » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 18:53

Is there any plan for light version of Gate Overhaul ?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 20:10

ObsidianOne wrote:
Thu, 9. Apr 20, 18:53
Is there any plan for light version of Gate Overhaul ?
Less sectors? No.

Less ships? Already available.

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 02:36

DeadAir just a heads up, not sure if you know, but the build speed for split modules isn't scaled with the build speed of other races structures. Maybe this was a feature of DeadAir ware? I'm not really sure.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 18:50

lordofpie7000 wrote:
Fri, 10. Apr 20, 02:36
DeadAir just a heads up, not sure if you know, but the build speed for split modules isn't scaled with the build speed of other races structures. Maybe this was a feature of DeadAir ware? I'm not really sure.
It's just something i had not gotten around to but will fix. I have to do a lot of changes to wares.xml in all my mods so i kind of wanted to find a way to automate writing all the diffs. Going through ownership for 12 factions on all the wares isn't very fun.

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 01:22

DeadAirRT wrote:
Fri, 10. Apr 20, 18:50
lordofpie7000 wrote:
Fri, 10. Apr 20, 02:36
It's just something i had not gotten around to but will fix. I have to do a lot of changes to wares.xml in all my mods so i kind of wanted to find a way to automate writing all the diffs. Going through ownership for 12 factions on all the wares isn't very fun.
I can totally understand that. I only asked because I dug into the wares module (I knew it wasn't updated yet) and only saw production times but not necessarily anything related to station build times which is why it made me think it was a main module thing. To be fair scripting for X is something I still don't understand the structure of yet. You're a smart individual for trying to write something to automate the process.

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Sun, 12. Apr 20, 15:11

Do new Split sectors got DeadAirGate changes ? Like increased size etc ?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 14. Apr 20, 00:47

Perkel wrote:
Sun, 12. Apr 20, 15:11
Do new Split sectors got DeadAirGate changes ? Like increased size etc ?
Yup

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 14. Apr 20, 01:00

3.03 uploaded

Finally got buccaneers faction logic working properly, reduced some vanilla debug errors from faction logic to hopefully improve performance, fixed argon/paranid wanting 3 wharfs instead of 2. Still exploring options to improve performance.

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Tue, 14. Apr 20, 04:49

Thank you for your work. It's appreciated.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 19:02

If anyone is on the new beta hf1 version, please test for station duplication bug (god bug / save="1" bug)

Or if you notice any strange behavior, let me know and I'll look into it.

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 06:13

Are you aware this mod has been posted in the Steam Workshop?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 06:41

boogieman335 wrote:
Fri, 17. Apr 20, 06:13
Yup someone offered to post it for me. I am rather grateful since i don't have to mess with cat/dat stuff, keeping multiple copies, and all the other draw backs. My code is free to use and change as people wish to.

Edit: now that i think about it, the dependencies are probably going to be screwy since steam changes mod id's which is annoying as hell.

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 06:48

DeadAirRT wrote:
Fri, 17. Apr 20, 06:41
boogieman335 wrote:
Fri, 17. Apr 20, 06:13
Yup someone offered to post it for me. I am rather grateful since i don't have to mess with cat/dat stuff, keeping multiple copies, and all the other draw backs. My code is free to use and change as people wish to.
Just checking. I saw it was under a different named author, and I've had some problems with getting versions of mods rolled back to previous versions by Steam workshop, and had to change the load order to get them to work properly. I really wish we had a load order tool like Loot did for Skyrim. I noticed axeface has had problems getting the engine tints for his mod to work properly with the new Split content and discovered that changing the load order to after the Split content in Extensions folder solved the problem.

raim729
x4

Post by raim729 » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 18:25

Hello,

DeadAir Gate in proper extensions folder.
I have a lot of dark sectors. What can lying down do?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 00:43

raim729 wrote:
Fri, 17. Apr 20, 18:25
Hello,

DeadAir Gate in proper extensions folder.
I have a lot of dark sectors. What can lying down do?
The folder can not be renamed. It must be:

Code: Select all

deadairgateoverhaul-master

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”