[MOD]DeadAir Mods

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 01:55

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 1. Apr 20, 23:07
For those looking for a performance friendly'er version, please try this version of jobs.xml and let me know

Jobs.xml
New version of jobs file for testing

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 06:41

Is deadAir ware still functional? No updates on github so was curious if it needed any real changes or was good out the box.

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 06:52

If you not mind add on steam workshop when you ready , kind sux keep on update track
Also be please if you can check compatibility with VRO

My plan start new save in fews day with VRO+Faction fix + you mod
Only to avoid any possible conflict

jcdj
x4

Post by jcdj » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 09:44

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 01:55
DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 1. Apr 20, 23:07
For those looking for a performance friendly'er version, please try this version of jobs.xml and let me know

Jobs.xml
New version of jobs file for testing
It seems like with this new game version+dlc a lot of people is having performance issues, without your overhaul fps increases but not that much... So maybe this update is worsening it, I'll wait a bit till they release a fix for this, because otherwise maybe we are testing something that is not your fault. On the other hand for some people performance increased. Keep the good work :)

master687

Post by master687 » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 13:52

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 01:52
master687 wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 01:16
Hello, I've run into a strange problem, when I place the mod in extensions folder in root directory, the game just hangs with black sceen prior to Ego logo, which didn't happen with other mods. Tried to move it to docs extension folder (I know it's wrong) and copied ego_dlc_split there as dependency, and it kinda worked with game starting fine and the new map loading, but there are some sectors with all gates set to inactive, probably couse it's still installed wrong. Any idea what could be cousing that black screen?
did you rename the folder? It needs to be unchanged.

Code: Select all

deadairgateoverhaul-master
No, I didn't change the name of the folder.

EDIT

I found the problem, I just needed to pack the files, so after placing them into cat/dat it started working, but there are still sectors with disconnected gates, particulary some of the unowned ones around the split sectors like Fires of defeat.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:03

master687 wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 13:52
DeadAirRT wrote:
master687 wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 01:16
Hello, I've run into a strange problem, when I place the mod in extensions folder in root directory, the game just hangs with black sceen prior to Ego logo, which didn't happen with other mods. Tried to move it to docs extension folder (I know it's wrong) and copied ego_dlc_split there as dependency, and it kinda worked with game starting fine and the new map loading, but there are some sectors with all gates set to inactive, probably couse it's still installed wrong. Any idea what could be cousing that black screen?

EDIT

I found the problem, I just needed to pack the files, so after placing them into cat/dat it started working, but there are still sectors with disconnected gates, particulary some of the unowned ones around the split sectors like Fires of defeat.
So something must still be wrong. Windows 7 or Linux? If not, all you have to do is extract to base game extensions folder.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:05

vadiolive wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 06:52
If you not mind add on steam workshop when you ready , kind sux keep on update track
Also be please if you can check compatibility with VRO

My plan start new save in fews day with VRO+Faction fix + you mod
Only to avoid any possible conflict
One day it will be on steam

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:07

lordofpie7000 wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 06:41
Is deadAir ware still functional? No updates on github so was curious if it needed any real changes or was good out the box.
I do need to make a few updates, they are save compatible so trying to get a few things knocked out on main mod first.

master687

Post by master687 » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:31

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:03
master687 wrote:
DeadAirRT wrote:

EDIT

So something must still be wrong. Windows 7 or Linux? If not, all you have to do is extract to base game extensions folder.
Yeah Win7

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:36

master687 wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:31
DeadAirRT wrote:
master687 wrote:

EDIT

Yeah Win7
That's a bit trickier. Like you said, you will have to pack the files.

Is the split dlc in your documents folder or root game?

master687

Post by master687 » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:56

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:36
master687 wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:31
DeadAirRT wrote:

Yeah Win7
That's a bit trickier. Like you said, you will have to pack the files.

Is the split dlc in your documents folder or root game?
It was installed (and still is) in the root folder, I just tried to copy it to documents with the mod as a way to make it run.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 17:10

master687 wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:56

It was installed (and still is) in the root folder, I just tried to copy it to documents with the mod as a way to make it run.
They would have to be in the same folder (root) to work. Did you try the mod packed in root and still had issues?

master687

Post by master687 » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 18:01

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 17:10
master687 wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:56

They would have to be in the same folder (root) to work. Did you try the mod packed in root and still had issues?
Yes, I packed it in the root extensions folder, with the dlc alongside of it in extensions, but it still results in the disconnected sectors.

EDIT

It's working now afer I removed the copied dlc folder that I left in the docs folder, probably it was taking precedence over the proper one. Anyway, thanks for your great mod, and for anyone who has troubles running the mod on Windows 7, use the X Catalog Tool to pack the mod's files (just the folders inside deadairgateoverhaul-master without content.xml and readme), and place the cat/dat files together with content.xml in deadairgateoverhaul-master in root/extensions.
Last edited by master687 on Sat, 4. Apr 20, 20:03, edited 2 times in total.

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 19:56

I'll have to chalk up the bad fps to X4. While at worst this might take a few fps off the top, I can't understand losing 15-20 frames from this mod alone. It's unfortunate EGO reintroduced bad fps with the latest DLC.

jcdj
x4

Post by jcdj » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 21:29

lordofpie7000 wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 19:56
I'll have to chalk up the bad fps to X4. While at worst this might take a few fps off the top, I can't understand losing 15-20 frames from this mod alone. It's unfortunate EGO reintroduced bad fps with the latest DLC.
Its strange, some people has more fps and better performance, while others ( like me and you ) have much worse performance.

drhay53
x4

Post by drhay53 » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 03:24

Hey I noticed a user on reddit was getting duplicate wharfs but doesn't seem to be using any of your mods.

https://www.reddit.com/r/X4Foundations/ ... urce=share

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 06:44

DeadAir, considering our specs are relatively close how much are you usually sitting at fps wise?

I'm starting another new save with the custom start you made, but I'm trying it with the low-intensity jobs.xml you posted. Can you tell me what the difference is between the standard and low-intensity version? I really enjoy have the phq in Shadow's End, but maybe it's the satellites being placed at every gate that's causing the slowdowns? I'm not really sure, so I'm trying to isolate the reason.

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 08:43

After the new DLC the game was pretty much un playable with this mod. So I removed it and did a new start. FPS back up and then I get to the Paranid sectors and they have built these huge equipment docks and the FPS drops to like 12. And its built right next door to a shipyard or Wharf. So I think maybe its not your mod, maybe its some bug in the new DLC causing these weird equipment dock ,shipyard things.

jcdj
x4

Post by jcdj » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 12:55

boogieman335 wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 08:43
After the new DLC the game was pretty much un playable with this mod. So I removed it and did a new start. FPS back up and then I get to the Paranid sectors and they have built these huge equipment docks and the FPS drops to like 12. And its built right next door to a shipyard or Wharf. So I think maybe its not your mod, maybe its some bug in the new DLC causing these weird equipment dock ,shipyard things.
It seems like some mods, faction fix included, have problems with this new dlc that duplicates shipyards...

ned228
x4

Post by ned228 » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 18:57

Could you make this mod compatible with ROR. That mod has been updated to 3.0. However when I use that mod with This mod the sectors for ROR do not appear. Both are the latest version.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”