3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta expansion AVAILABLE NOW

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta expansion AVAILABLE NOW

Post by Gregory » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 09:00

*Update March 31st, 2020*
With the biggest update since the release of X4: Foundations, EGOSOFT extends its current title with the new storyline "A lever to move the world", introducing diplomatic missions.<In addition to a new unlockable game start and three new, stand-alone tutorial scenarios to welcome new pilots to the X universe, X4: Foundations players will also benefit from numerous new gameplay elements with the 3.0 Update. X4: Foundations will also receive French voice recordings for the first time. The complete change log for the 3.0 Update includes more than 400 individual entries covering new features, weapons, sectors, improved gameplay elements, an upgraded user interface experience and many fixes. The full list is available in the forums.

Launch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88CFQaqs-xA

• X4: Split Vendetta on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1133 ... _Vendetta/
• X4: Split Vendetta on GOG: https://www.gog.com/game/x4_split_vendetta
• X4: Foundations on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/3921 ... undations/
• X4: Foundations on Steam: https://www.gog.com/game/x4_foundations

We will significantly enlarge our current title X4: Foundations at the end of the month. Both the free 3.0 Update to X4: Foundations and its first expansion, X4: Split Vendetta, will be released on March 31st, 2020, giving space game enthusiasts the perfect opportunity to newly discover or revisit the biggest space sandbox this side of the galaxy!

Main Features:
  • New storyline, introducing diplomatic missions: "A lever to move the worlds"
  • New systems to discover, experience and conquer
  • Added French voice recordings
  • 3 new stand-alone tutorial scenarios including a flight school
  • New ships: Paranid Ares heavy fighter, Xenon T scout, Teladi Cormorant transporter
  • New unlockable game start
  • Virtual seminars and quicker skill progression for crew training
  • Individual and group crew transfer
  • Configurable alert system
  • Ability to dock using a spacesuit
  • Policing options for player-owned space
  • Several new weapons
  • Improved graphics engine
  • Improved sound effects
  • Improvements to menus including Map, Encyclopedia, Logical Station overview and Logbook
  • More control over drones and turrets
  • Alternative steering methods including head tracking systems and X3 retro mode
  • Oxygen display when player is in spacesuit
  • Search facility for Logbook
X4: Split Vendetta
X4: Split Vendetta is the next chapter in the X4: Foundations story. This is the first big expansion for X4: Foundations, which was released in November 2018 on PC. The expansion greatly increases the size of the universe and introduces two new Split family clans along with their economy, new ships, weapons and station modules. Along with Update 3.0 to X4: Foundations, the X4: Split Vendetta expansion brings exciting new missions and adventures to the game. New game-starts allow an even more varied experience in the biggest sandbox this side of the galaxy! TRADE with the Split families or FIGHT against them; BUILD your own station designs based on the new modules, and THINK carefully on your path through the new diplomatic missions. X4: Split Vendetta will be released on March 31st, 2020 ($14.99 / £12.49 / €14.99) and is the first of two expansions that will be automatically available to owners of the X4: Foundations Collector's Edition.

Main Features:
  • New story missions and adventures with two new Split family clans
  • Massive expansion of the universe
  • Exciting new Split weapon technology
  • Many new ships
  • Lots of new station modules
Thanks for your continuous support!
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

Gavrushka
x4

Re: 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta expansion to be released on March 31st, 2020

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 09:22

Brilliant news!

I hope the Split bring a few Xenon with them, because I've broken mine...
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

mr.WHO
x4

Re: 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta expansion to be released on March 31st, 2020

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 09:31

"Exciting new Split weapon technology" - more weapons? Yay!

Was still hoping for HQ relocation :(

Priser
x4

Post by Priser » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 09:52

:o :o :o wow endlich.
WIE POSTE ICH FALSCH ?
Nachdem ich GOOGLE, die FAQ´s und die BOARDSUCHE erfolgreich ignoriert habe, erstelle ich zwei bis fünf neue Themen, in den falschen Unterforen, mit kreativen Titel und undeutlichem Text, unter dem sich jeder etwas anderes vorstellen kann

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 10:08

mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 17. Mar 20, 09:31
Was still hoping for HQ relocation :(
Unfortunately that didn't make it for 3.0. We do still hope to work on it for a later update some time after 3.0, though.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 10:10

this is sounding like a really good mix of polish, features and new content April will be X4 month :)

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 10:48

I'm still debating whether to make a new file or use one of my two "completed" saves.

If the update/DLC really does give us a new way to use our empires, I might just continue my game and jump straight into the action.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 10:55

Long as theres a plot with the story missions id be happy as thats all i want to do in x4 tbh i dont wana sandbox play just do a nice narrative plot to do then maybe continue in freeplay after the plots over. Hopefully a good 10+ hrs worth at least with interesting npc characters that talk to me during the missions like x2.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

SumUser
x4

Post by SumUser » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 11:33

Same day beta Mount&Blade Bannerlord releases... Game I've been waiting years for... Going to be playing X4 instead. Keep up the good work EgoSoft. X4 is already an excellent game and it keeps getting better!

spacecoyote99
x4

Post by spacecoyote99 » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 12:59

Can't wait! Congrats Egosoft! New ships and content will breathe new life into the game.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 13:14

Matthew94 wrote:
Tue, 17. Mar 20, 10:48
I'm still debating whether to make a new file or use one of my two "completed" saves.

If the update/DLC really does give us a new way to use our empires, I might just continue my game and jump straight into the action.
Cosidering how much time it takes to build self sufficient ship production complex I gave up on starting new game - I'll follow with my game save that I still continue since 1.0.

chris.256
x4

Post by chris.256 » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 13:40

with the new ships for Spilt Vendette will they be all Split or other Factions as well?

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 14:00

mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 17. Mar 20, 13:14
Matthew94 wrote:
Tue, 17. Mar 20, 10:48

Cosidering how much time it takes to build self sufficient ship production complex I gave up on starting new game - I'll follow with my game save that I still continue since 1.0.
New game start. :D I love the X series because it requires some expense of time. Of that I have plenty, so IMO I'm just getting more entertainment for my money.
This expansion has been long awaited. I know Egosoft has been working hard to accomplish this. I hope it is worth the wait.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

Cyron43
x4

Post by Cyron43 » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 14:15

I hope the new ship engine sound bugs (I think it's not supposed to be that way) will be fixed which were introduced in 3.0 Beta 8.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 14:55

Please don't discuss beta issues in the release announcement thread. (I had a quick look for your beta forum report of the issue but couldn't find one. Maybe add your report to this?)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 15:07

Damn, it took a long time to get the second part of the game!

Things I really like the most... Ability to dooock in spacesuit and an oxygen counter in the suit. As an `immershun` player, they count o me. But there`s a lot of good stuff.

I will start a new game on release. thankfully, there`s no other game I`m looking forwar... Oh wait... BannerLord!!! :gruebel: What do I do?
Last edited by Socratatus on Tue, 17. Mar 20, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

wizaerd
x4

Post by wizaerd » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 15:10

Does the game still have that asinine station scanning thing, to find data leaks... I so hate that...

zarrazee

Post by zarrazee » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 18:05

Lovely stuff.

Well done Ego!

obri [on Linux]

Post by obri [on Linux] » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 18:16

I am on Beta 3 since about 70 hours.

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but can I continue my saves when I want to play Split Vendetta?
I like my small empire and do not want to replay.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 17. Mar 20, 18:41

You can certainly play on from prior release version saves. You *might* be able to play on successfully from beta saves but with the possibility of still having issues that were inadvertently introduced in versions of the beta and could not be totally removed from saves by the eventual release version. That is why intended long-term gameplay using beta versions is always going to be a bit of a risk. Mods, if any, will obviously complicate things further.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”