[MOD]DeadAir Mods

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAirGate Overhaul v0.6

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 28. Feb 20, 23:46

Mystershow wrote:
Fri, 28. Feb 20, 21:04
As I said I had problem with the Goldrealm of the Paranid, Antigone Republic and Argon Federation.

It works with Hatikvah Free League and Teladi Company.

I haven't test the Ministry of Finance and Holyorder of the Pontifex.

Alliance of the World doesn't have any modules blueprint.

Starting a new game with Dynamic War isn't a problem for me.

But still, I don't understand why and Supplement is good mod to have, it makes quite a difference on my game.
I've tried everything i could think of. Setting relations similar to my game start with md, removing inter faction granted licenses, changing license names to t-files, removing relations changes in the vanilla game starts, searching for any game start dependant code to adjust... Nothing worked. Have to give up on this bug for now until ui modding becomes practical.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Mon, 2. Mar 20, 01:45

Doctorzook wrote:
Wed, 26. Feb 20, 18:33
Just fyi
Started a new game yesterday with VRObeta and your mod on 3.0beta6, loaded the mod and submods from github. If I install the "Supplemet" submod, I can no longer buy blueprints. The menue does not expand. Started a few new games to confirm, always with VRO installed.
Works fine without "Supplement" submod.

Nice work, like it so far!
I am using the same mods and having same issue. Blueprints menu dobnt expand.
For now i cheated by using CheatMenu mod, which gives all blueprints, and allows you to continue.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 2. Mar 20, 02:38

Jaskan wrote:
Mon, 2. Mar 20, 01:45

I am using the same mods and having same issue. Blueprints menu dobnt expand.
For now i cheated by using CheatMenu mod, which gives all blueprints, and allows you to continue.
It's caused by certain game starts that should have no effect on it. No known solution after trying a lot of different fixes. Teladi start and dynamic war start work fine though.

adzipp

Post by adzipp » Wed, 4. Mar 20, 05:07

Is there way to use Supplement addon on vanila game without the deadairgate?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 4. Mar 20, 05:15

Not particularly but what features of it did you want? I can at least point you to which files you would need to edit.

adzipp

Post by adzipp » Wed, 4. Mar 20, 05:20

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 4. Mar 20, 05:15
Not particularly but what features of it did you want? I can at least point you to which files you would need to edit.
I want HAT and SCA economy based and just they new sectors wich connects to any vanila sectors, i tried editing dependency and the only connection that lose is the one where the HAT core sector is located

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 4. Mar 20, 06:14

If a gate is missing that you want, look in Galaxy.xml of DeadAirgateoverhaul.

Hatikvahs choice is cluster 29.

adzipp

Post by adzipp » Wed, 4. Mar 20, 14:26

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 4. Mar 20, 06:14
If a gate is missing that you want, look in Galaxy.xml of DeadAirgateoverhaul.

Hatikvahs choice is cluster 29.
So what exectly do i need to edit that i can connect vanilla Hatikvahs choice to the suplement addon core hat system?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 4. Mar 20, 14:51

You are going to want to grab a connection, it's near the bottom. I'm on cell so i can't pull the exact one up right now. Then you find which zones are in that connection and update that in zones.xml. I'll message you with it when I'm off work.

Just to be sure, it's an inactive gate in the sector next to sudden reprise, correct?

adzipp

Post by adzipp » Wed, 4. Mar 20, 15:20

[ external image ]
DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 4. Mar 20, 14:51
You are going to want to grab a connection, it's near the bottom. I'm on cell so i can't pull the exact one up right now. Then you find which zones are in that connection and update that in zones.xml. I'll message you with it when I'm off work.

Just to be sure, it's an inactive gate in the sector next to sudden reprise, correct?
it is "midnight star that dont have the connection to the vanilla map
https://imgur.com/a/B1I0eVA

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 4. Mar 20, 16:36

Hey Deadair, I just wanted to let you know that I confirmed that using encounter id with jobs does not remove the ship as a jobship and won't mess up quotas. Also, I found another way to accomplish the same thing.

You can also create a new tag and apply the tag to the ships in jobs through the following:

<get_suitable_job/> could give you a list of active jobs with matching tags. tags correspond to those defined in <category .../> in the job definitions.

So you could create your own mdscript which gets the suitable job defined by the tag you created and have them do whatever you want with the script. Either way works just fine. Let me know if you need any help.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 5. Mar 20, 01:50

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 4. Mar 20, 16:36
Hey Deadair, I just wanted to let you know that I confirmed that using encounter id with jobs does not remove the ship as a jobship and won't mess up quotas. Also, I found another way to accomplish the same thing.

You can also create a new tag and apply the tag to the ships in jobs through the following:

<get_suitable_job/> could give you a list of active jobs with matching tags. tags correspond to those defined in <category .../> in the job definitions.

So you could create your own mdscript which gets the suitable job defined by the tag you created and have them do whatever you want with the script. Either way works just fine. Let me know if you need any help.
Well it looks like md is my only option since jobs.xml doesn't even accept a list of macros. Thanks for the info.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 5. Mar 20, 01:57

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 5. Mar 20, 01:50
BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 4. Mar 20, 16:36

Well it looks like md is my only option since jobs.xml doesn't even accept a list of macros. Thanks for the info.
Jobs is limited in a lot of ways so yeah. On a positive note, it really isn't difficult to do what you want with the mdscript

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 5. Mar 20, 21:01

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 5. Mar 20, 01:57
Jobs is limited in a lot of ways so yeah. On a positive note, it really isn't difficult to do what you want with the mdscript
Going to be writing something up today. Only real problem i can think of is how to keep track of where i assigned ships and what ships i assigned since i don't know how to use tables in x4. I'll probably just use groups since they are removed on death.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 6. Mar 20, 01:17

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 5. Mar 20, 21:01
BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 5. Mar 20, 01:57
Going to be writing something up today. Only real problem i can think of is how to keep track of where i assigned ships and what ships i assigned since i don't know how to use tables in x4. I'll probably just use groups since they are removed on death.
It shouldn't be that difficult. Are you using the encounter method? If so, just leave notes about it in the code itself or something.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 6. Mar 20, 01:49

I wasn't planning on using the encounters but just catching ships by tag since I have encounters completely removed from my game.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 6. Mar 20, 15:37

DeadAirRT wrote:
Fri, 6. Mar 20, 01:49
I wasn't planning on using the encounters but just catching ships by tag since I have encounters completely removed from my game.
This sentence doesn't really make sense. The way I showed you with encounters is almost exactly the same as using the tags. You aren't using encounters.xml or encounter ships from jobs so whether you removed those or not is not relevant. You simply just add the encounter id to the ships in jobs you want and then call that particular encounter id with your mdscript so it isn't something you can "remove" if you aren't using it to begin with. You seem stuck on the word "encounter" but this has nothing to do with the existing encounters code that egosoft uses. Also, the encounters are just a mdscript and it doesn't have to be done the way egosoft does it. They have ships warping to you, but you don't need to do it that way. It is all in how you code it, I gave you an easy example of how it would be used to make the ships patrol somewhere. I will probably do some things with this myself.

Either way works, I just wanted to explain this misconception.

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Sat, 7. Mar 20, 00:27

I do have a question concerning Claytronics.

It seems like there are short supplies of claytronics quite quickly when I build a station.

I cannot remember if this is a vanilla behavior or not, I feel like it is,

Is there a way to correct that in Gate Overhaul ?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 7. Mar 20, 01:01

My mod (god) boosts claytronics stations compared to vanilla but the expansion has been increased so there is a little strain. Check the trade stations, if they are almost out of a ware it means there is a shortage in that faction of that good.

Another way to boost a factions production is to ensure a steady supply of food supplies and medical supplies if you use dead air ware. A station with 100% manning will have double the production and stations are on five minute production cycles (unless another mod messes with it) so there is always a steady stream of goods even in a shortage.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 7. Mar 20, 18:12

Preview of the map in v0.80+
Spoiler
Show

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”