[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP - MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 3.3Alpha

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 23. Feb 20, 20:12

Foundations of Conquest and War

Currently a Lightweight mod. Only adds new ships and fleets to the game. Complete customization based on what you want. Make sure you follow INSTRUCTIONS in order for it to work.

once you download the folder and place it in the extensions folder of your X4 directory, make sure to go to the md folder. Open the md folder, look for a file named focw_config. Open the file with notepad or notepad++ or similar programs. READ AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE CONFIG FILE FOR THE MOD TO WORK PROPERLY. Everything is defaulted to OFF, so if you do not configure the file, you won't have any changes to your game.

Link is in the ORIGINAL POST. Meant to work alongside Immersive Corporations. Is compatible with any mod.

Ragemaster9999
x4

Post by Ragemaster9999 » Mon, 24. Feb 20, 08:12

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 23. Feb 20, 20:12

Currently a Lightweight mod. Only adds new ships and fleets to the game. Complete customization based on what you want. Make sure you follow INSTRUCTIONS in order for it to work.

once you download the folder and place it in the extensions folder of your X4 directory, make sure to go to the md folder. Open the md folder, look for a file named focw_config. Open the file with notepad or notepad++ or similar programs. READ AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE CONFIG FILE FOR THE MOD TO WORK PROPERLY. Everything is defaulted to OFF, so if you do not configure the file, you won't have any changes to your game.

Link is in the ORIGINAL POST. Meant to work alongside Immersive Corporations. Is compatible with any mod.
How does the new ships and fleets work? Are they spawned into thin air like x3 or are they created from resources at shipyards like vanilla x4 ships.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 24. Feb 20, 11:43

Ragemaster9999 wrote:
Mon, 24. Feb 20, 08:12
BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 23. Feb 20, 20:12

How does the new ships and fleets work? Are they spawned into thin air like x3 or are they created from resources at shipyards like vanilla x4 ships.
Everything is built normally. I may offer an option for spawned ships in the future for people who don’t mind and want more action.

If anyone has suggestions for options they would like to see or whatever, let me know

tomchk
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 4.0

Post by tomchk » Thu, 27. Feb 20, 17:35

Is part of the reason you simplified this mod that Egosoft improved the vanilla game enough to make other changes redundant? Sorry if you already answered this!
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 27. Feb 20, 21:48

tomchk wrote:
Thu, 27. Feb 20, 17:35
Is part of the reason you simplified this mod that Egosoft improved the vanilla game enough to make other changes redundant? Sorry if you already answered this!
Well, the game certainly has improved in a lot of ways and also there are some other mods which add some cool stuff like faction fix and VRO. I also made my corporations mod which can be used with this and the other mods. I am considering what to do next if anything. I am thinking that as an added extra layer to the already existing war code to have a more scripted war aspect too. So, I could have fleets which are especially built to go to certain sectors to fight and stimulate the war. This will probably be what I do next with this and it will also be configurable.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Thu, 27. Feb 20, 21:53

Very cool idea. Have you thought about or tried any diplomacy features, such as were used in old SMAC (Alpha Centauri)? I think there are some diplomacy mods but haven't tried them yet.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 27. Feb 20, 23:12

tomchk wrote:
Thu, 27. Feb 20, 21:53
Very cool idea. Have you thought about or tried any diplomacy features, such as were used in old SMAC (Alpha Centauri)? I think there are some diplomacy mods but haven't tried them yet.

In CWIR we actually had diplomacy features, so you could declare war against a faction or make peace with one. You could even offer stations and ships to a faction to support it. So, diplomacy features are a possibility.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Thu, 27. Feb 20, 23:32

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 27. Feb 20, 23:12
tomchk wrote:

In CWIR we actually had diplomacy features, so you could declare war against a faction or make peace with one. You could even offer stations and ships to a faction to support it. So, diplomacy features are a possibility.
Oh that's right--those would be very cool! How hard would it be to give a faction some ability to do that itself, such as declaring war with the player because the player becomes powerful enough to be a threat but not too much of a threat to attack?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 27. Feb 20, 23:44

tomchk wrote:
Thu, 27. Feb 20, 23:32
BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 27. Feb 20, 23:12
tomchk wrote:

Oh that's right--those would be very cool! How hard would it be to give a faction some ability to do that itself, such as declaring war with the player because the player becomes powerful enough to be a threat but not too much of a threat to attack?
It can be done randomly or based on certain conditions, but not dynamically (like as some sort of intelligrnce). Hmm, I guess it could be done as weights. For example, player has control of 5 sectors so lower relations with argon by minus 1 or player has 200 military ships so lower relations with all factions by minus 2. This could potentially make it feel dynamic but still be scripted (as in a set of controlled rules) Its not a bad idea. In reality it would not be much different than a space strategy game like distant universe or others like it

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 28. Feb 20, 00:28

tomchk wrote:
such as declaring war with the player because the player becomes powerful enough to be a threat but not too much of a threat to attack?
I guess I have something like that already in place, but it still triggers only when you are friend of their enemies, so you should use it with Dynamic relations mod from DeadAir, makes very nice combination.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 28. Feb 20, 00:42

That sounds like quite a combination! Hopefully it’ll become part of vanilla eventually. 😊

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 28. Feb 20, 01:06

Shuulo wrote:
Fri, 28. Feb 20, 00:28
tomchk wrote:
such as declaring war with the player because the player becomes powerful enough to be a threat but not too much of a threat to attack?
I guess I have something like that already in place, but it still triggers only when you are friend of their enemies, so you should use it with Dynamic relations mod from DeadAir, makes very nice combination.
It’s too random though. I always prefer things with set rules. Some randomness can be interesting sometimes though. If I add diplomacy it would have more options and other things going on too.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 28. Feb 20, 01:34

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 28. Feb 20, 01:06
Shuulo wrote:
tomchk wrote:
It’s too random though. I always prefer things with set rules. Some randomness can be interesting sometimes though. If I add diplomacy it would have more options and other things going on too.
Well, there is nothing random in Reactive Factions mod, but i believe you meant Dynamic Relations mod, I agree that its quite random, but its first and only mod of its kind, DeadAir may improve it eventually to be a bit more like real diplo mod, though I will be happy your take on this part as well.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 28. Feb 20, 01:37

Shuulo wrote:
Fri, 28. Feb 20, 01:34
BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 28. Feb 20, 01:06
Shuulo wrote:

Well, there is nothing random in Reactive Factions mod, but i believe you meant Dynamic Relations mod, I agree that its quite random, but its first and only mod of its kind, DeadAir may improve it eventually to be a bit more like real diplo mod, though I will be happy your take on this part as well.
Yeah, I meant dynamic relations mod for the randomness. Your reactive mod is very limited, so I was thinking of something a little more expansive and a little different. I personally do not like the idea of being hated just because you are worth a lot of money. I would base it on military might of some kind.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 28. Feb 20, 01:45

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 28. Feb 20, 01:37
Yeah, I meant dynamic relations mod for the randomness. Your reactive mod is very limited, so I was thinking of something a little more expansive and a little different. I personally do not like the idea of being hated just because you are worth a lot of money. I would base it on military might of some kind.
Yeah, though about this as well, but decided to have this mod as simple as possible, so it'll work with almost any mod combination, it will also work with your corporations mod out of the box.
And still you are not hated for money, but for helping enemies :)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 28. Feb 20, 02:01

Shuulo wrote:
Fri, 28. Feb 20, 01:45
BlackRain wrote:
Yeah, though about this as well, but decided to have this mod as simple as possible, so it'll work with almost any mod combination, it will also work with your corporations mod out of the box.
And still you are not hated for money, but for helping enemies :)
Right, it is that aspect which is also based on wealth. I mixed it up a bit.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 28. Feb 20, 05:14

BlackRain wrote:
I hate how this board nests quotes lol.

I added faction relation manipulation already for getting them to peace, next is war.

Then comes changing of weights from just randomness.

I am unfortunately working on a slew on mods so I'm a bit slow sometimes. Especially when i run into a bug that makes zero sense lol.

Spiny_Ewg
x4

Post by Spiny_Ewg » Fri, 28. Feb 20, 10:47

Random relations of different factions to each other would be good.For example, a Declaration of war, alliances...

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 28. Feb 20, 16:10

In my opinion, there is no reason to have random relations. It doesn't fit with what is going on in the game which is why I don't like it. Argon and Antigone would never go to war for example, Teladi just want profits and the Paranid are embroiled in a civil war which the others are allied with them. The Xenon are a threat to everyone. It makes more sense to me to have there be cease fires in the war, and sometimes hostilities breaking out, etc. Meanwhile corporations fight each other also (with my corporation mod). Also have the player have some kind of an impact on this. It doesn't make sense to have every faction randomly hating or liking each other. At least that is my vision.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 28. Feb 20, 17:02

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 28. Feb 20, 16:10
In my opinion, there is no reason to have random relations. It doesn't fit with what is going on in the game which is why I don't like it. Argon and Antigone would never go to war for example, Teladi just want profits and the Paranid are embroiled in a civil war which the others are allied with them. The Xenon are a threat to everyone. It makes more sense to me to have there be cease fires in the war, and sometimes hostilities breaking out, etc. Meanwhile corporations fight each other also (with my corporation mod). Also have the player have some kind of an impact on this. It doesn't make sense to have every faction randomly hating or liking each other. At least that is my vision.
Agreed, very good point. Lore matters!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”