[MOD]DeadAir Mods

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

GDI-BOSS
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAirGate Overhaul v0.6

Post by GDI-BOSS » Sat, 4. Jan 20, 13:12

This mod Works with 2.6??

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 16. Jan 20, 01:11

Sorry for the long disappearance. So as i said before, all my work is open for anyone to use/change/whatever if they would like. I was done with the game but i plan on returning (and performing a much needed update/improvement) once 3.0 drops.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 16. Jan 20, 01:17

Hornet108 wrote:
Sun, 11. Aug 19, 10:58
Hey guys, just as a FYI particually to the original author, I have gone ahead and given each sector a unique geography including the Supplement sectors. It really improves the visuals of the game, im not sure however I can post it without DeadAirRT's permission?
You are more than welcome to post it if you would like. I can either incorporate it once i get back into modding or you can create your own branch with any of my code as a base.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 16. Jan 20, 01:23

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 16. Jan 20, 01:11
Sorry for the long disappearance. So as i said before, all my work is open for anyone to use/change/whatever if they would like. I was done with the game but i plan on returning (and performing a much needed update/improvement) once 3.0 drops.
Happy to hear that. Will start new game when your updated will be done, thanks
And yeah, jobs needs a bit toning down :)

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 16. Jan 20, 01:26

Shuulo wrote:
Thu, 16. Jan 20, 01:23
DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 16. Jan 20, 01:11
Happy to hear that. Will start new game when your updated will be done, thanks
And yeah, jobs needs a bit toning down :)
But improved performance means i can put more ships right? Jk. I will keep in mind not all computers are beasts this time

CorvusVirtus
x4

loving the mod but...

Post by CorvusVirtus » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 06:06

Running 3.0b4

I love the mod and sub mods, makes the game feel like an RTS skirmish match. It's great. I am using the War start.
However it is real easy.

Is there any chance the a.i. could be made more ruthless? They are very lacklustre in their war delivery.

Thank you for the mod. Looking forward to future versions.

Shuulo
x4

Re: loving the mod but...

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 08:54

CorvusVirtus wrote:
Fri, 17. Jan 20, 06:06
Running 3.0b4

I love the mod and sub mods, makes the game feel like an RTS skirmish match. It's great. I am using the War start.
However it is real easy.

Is there any chance the a.i. could be made more ruthless? They are very lacklustre in their war delivery.

Are you using mysterials faction enhancer mod? It is required for this map to work properly. And it also improves faction warfare

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 16:55

CorvusVirtus wrote:
Running 3.0b4

However it is real easy.

Thank you. I'm in the process of updating the mods for 3.0 so I'll look into it. I know on my game waaaay back there were massive fights so I'll keep an eye open to seeing what changes were made since then that may have made them more passive.

CorvusVirtus
x4

Post by CorvusVirtus » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 08:15

Shuulo wrote:
Fri, 17. Jan 20, 08:54
CorvusVirtus wrote:
Running 3.0b4

However it is real easy.

Are you using mysterials faction enhancer mod? It is required for this map to work properly. And it also improves faction warfare
Yes. I have his collection installed and running.
Spoiler
Show
In the first few hours (SETA) I had accomplished rank 20+ with Hatikvah, making hundreds of millions in the process, bought a legion of behemoths, wiped the Xenon and now guard the gates into Argon space.
Currently building up former Xenon space as my own.
I achieved all this thanks to miners doing solid and gas in HAT space then buying L miners to repeatedly farm Nividium in all 3 faction Trade stations, selling off miners that cannot use Advanced Automine. Once the 3 factions built a second Trade station, it's basically GG.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 19:35

CorvusVirtus wrote:
Sat, 18. Jan 20, 08:15
Shuulo wrote:
Fri, 17. Jan 20, 08:54
CorvusVirtus wrote:
Running 3.0b4

However it is real easy.

Yes. I have his collection installed and running.
Spoiler
Show
In the first few hours (SETA) I had accomplished rank 20+ with Hatikvah, making hundreds of millions in the process, bought a legion of behemoths, wiped the Xenon and now guard the gates into Argon space.
Currently building up former Xenon space as my own.
I achieved all this thanks to miners doing solid and gas in HAT space then buying L miners to repeatedly farm Nividium in all 3 faction Trade stations, selling off miners that cannot use Advanced Automine. Once the 3 factions built a second Trade station, it's basically GG.
Haha the spoiler is exactly how I envisioned it going. I did reduce the number of ships but buffed xenon fleets in comparison. I'm not sure exactly how to increase the difficulty though without completely dipping into faction logic. I was thinking of expanding the idea of raider fleets but the easiest way would be to spawn ships which I absolutely refuse to do. I'll keep working on it and let you know if I have any luck.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 20. Jan 20, 06:43

If anyone is interested in testing the new versions of my mods (for beta 3.0), I'm constantly uploading changes so feedback is appreciated.

DeadAir Beta3.0 Git
Last edited by DeadAirRT on Fri, 24. Jan 20, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 24. Jan 20, 00:35

Mods patched for 3.0beta5. The 3 new sectors are incorporated.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Fri, 31. Jan 20, 10:48

Hi

I am using the deadair mod now with 3.0.
Had maps issues, until i figured out i had to take the ROR for DeadAir, cause am using ROR, now everything looking great very massive map.
But very early days to know about the economy yet.

I must say, works great without highway, this MOd made the game for me.

Cheers man

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 31. Jan 20, 23:41

Glad to hear. Once i have some time, I'll look into the compatibility patches to make sure everything is as it should be.

Staberind
x4

Post by Staberind » Sat, 1. Feb 20, 18:09

Hiyah! I'm using 3.00 atm, so I'll go and take a look, I'll get back to you in the X4 disco probably.
Aladna Hill, Again, AP, 3.1. in the last Game worthy of the "X" title. <<<< X4 might just be changing this. :?:

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 4. Feb 20, 23:51

Figured I would post some patch notes:
DeadAirGate Overhaul
v0.73 - Moved HOP wharf/shipyard/tradestation away from gates, updated cluster music, started adding new resource fields, added 4 gates to assist with L/XL route problems.

DeadAir Jobs
v1.56 - Reduced numbers across the board to save some CPU
v1.57 - Lowered idle time for L/XL at gates, increased trade routine range and lowered skill requirement, increased relative price window for auto traders, rearranged ware baskets for smoother economic flow.

DeadAir Supplement
v1.28 - Added faction station traders, readjusted auto trader ranges, reintroduced SCA smugglers, set deadairjobs as optional but it really is reccomended.

DeadAir Fill
v1.15 - Added tradestationfix workaround for potentially bugged hop/par/ali trade stations.
v1.16 - Nerfed nividium removal and nerfed shipyard assistance.

DeadAir Dynamic Wars
v1.0 - v1.04 - New mod, adds scripts to change NPC faction relations based on RNG and time. No more will it just be a static war between two factions for entire game. They can be at peace one minute, war the next, then settle their differences down the line.
v1.05 - Added more story snippets to events, increased relation change amounts
v1.06 - Fixed a bug in checktime (m vs min) and fixed some gaps in event messages.
v1.07 - Re-balanced standings gain/loss, added more notifications for standings changes.
v1.08 - Fixed possible relation out of range bug, added nemesis event (instant -1)
v1.09 - Added relation change to both sides in case it was not already shared

DeadAir God
v1.34 - rebalanced number of stations per coalition

Motionblurr
x4

Post by Motionblurr » Sat, 8. Feb 20, 07:18

Is the Dynamic War updated? Seems whenever i do the DW start... i start in Argon Prime instead of Shadow and the PHQ cant be found (it just says location unknown)

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 8. Feb 20, 18:48

Motionblurr wrote:
Sat, 8. Feb 20, 07:18
Is the Dynamic War updated? Seems whenever i do the DW start... i start in Argon Prime instead of Shadow and the PHQ cant be found (it just says location unknown)
The actual game start isn't really anything special. As long as dynamic wars is enabled, the dynamic faction relations script will run with any game start.

I was having issues with the gamestart actually starting you in shadow's end because of how the game loads modded zones. The PHQ does spawn in shadow's end and once the babbling boron starts talking it will give you an autopath destination to your phq.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Tue, 11. Feb 20, 10:29

I made a less intensive version of the Jobs Module (without removing any extra jobs just culling back numbers of ships) should anybody with a weaker CPU such as myself be interested.

You can download/compare vs DeadAIr's Jobs here https://github.com/Misunderstood-Wookie ... s/tree/Dev
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 19. Feb 20, 20:53

Patches uploaded (for mods that needed) for 3.0b6 compatibility, available on git.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”