[MOD] Better Kill Credit 1.32

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mysterial
x4

[MOD] Better Kill Credit 1.32

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 1. Apr 19, 18:17

Receive kill credit rewards from owned ships you aren't piloting and receive rewards for contributing to large ship kills even if you don't get the final shot. Now you can make some decent cash by helping out a faction with a defense fleet.

Download Here
Also available on Steam Workshop

When you are not in the vicinity of the ship that was destroyed, the video message thanking you will be suppressed, but a message will be added to the log with the amount rewarded. Note that you still have to have the police license to receive the higher and sector-wide rewards.

This extension works with the invasion reward effect of my Faction Enhancer mod, so you can send in your remote ships to assist in an invasion and get paid.

Changes in v1.32:
  • Addressed a compatibility issue with game version 5.1
Changes in v1.31:
  • Possible fix for some users getting video notifications when out of sector
Changes in v1.3:
  • Fixed some rare edge cases that could cause kill credit to not be assigned correctly
Changes in v1.2:
  • Fixed a case where sometimes when a non-player ship kills an enemy OOS near a friendly station, the station defense part of the rewards wouldn't be granted (the smaller reward that doesn't need a police license)
Changes in v1.1:
  • Fixed credit not being consistently given for OOS player owned ship kills
Last edited by Mysterial on Fri, 1. Apr 22, 16:56, edited 7 times in total.

Cg089
x4

Re: [MOD] Better Kill Credit

Post by Cg089 » Mon, 1. Apr 19, 19:03

I needed this - gonna try it tonight. As usual an excellent idea by Mysterial :wink:.

Eeroth
x4

Post by Eeroth » Tue, 2. Apr 19, 00:01

Thank you very much! This is what I have been waiting for long time. I can't thank you enough.

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 18:10

Thanks a ton! This actually makes my mercenary play style lucrative enough to be feasible. Sucked before to have to personally kill everything to get paid.

phrozen1
x4

Re: [MOD] Better Kill Credit 1.2

Post by phrozen1 » Tue, 21. Jan 20, 01:33

I just noticed that i don't get any credits for my own kills anymore since i bought the argon-police-license.
Could that have something to do with this mod or/and faction-enhancer mod im also using (latest version) ?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 21. Jan 20, 14:30

I can't see how that would happen and have never seen it. The police license reward is handled separately so they shouldn't really affect each other.

phrozen1
x4

Post by phrozen1 » Wed, 29. Jan 20, 20:41

I still have this issue in another savegame with 3.0 beta5. I only get credits for my own kills near friendly stations.
I don't get credits for my own kills in friendly systems even when i have police-license and i don't get credits for kills of my npc-ships.

Got a few mods installed but i think only faction-enchantment-mod could be also relevant for this issue because the others are only visual mods.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 29. Jan 20, 23:33

I've been playing 3.0B5 with all my mods enabled and have no problems at all, so I don't know what to tell you. No one else has reported problems, although I don't know how many people are trying it on the beta.

Derp

Post by Derp » Thu, 30. Jan 20, 17:43

This is such a useful little mod that really adds to dynamic gameplay.

Would it be possible to add, either as part of this mod or another, compensation for ships lost defending allied NPC space? This mod lets me make money as a mercenary - but only if the odds are overwhelmingly in my favor. If NPC factions I'm allied with (20+ relations) were to refund me the cost of ships that I lose to their enemies in their systems, I would be better able to commit forces to things like defending their gates when their destroyers are all patrolling elsewhere.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 31. Jan 20, 16:32

phrozen1 wrote:
Wed, 29. Jan 20, 20:41
I still have this issue in another savegame with 3.0 beta5. I only get credits for my own kills near friendly stations.
I don't get credits for my own kills in friendly systems even when i have police-license and i don't get credits for kills of my npc-ships.

Got a few mods installed but i think only faction-enchantment-mod could be also relevant for this issue because the others are only visual mods.
Someone on Discord mentioned having this issue and said it was fixed by removing the mod, resaving their game, then adding the mod back in. Can you try that and tell me what happens?

Doctorzook
x4

Post by Doctorzook » Sat, 8. Feb 20, 22:38

Hi,

I'm on the latest 3.0 beta and after a few hours the video supression stopped working. Could be that I changed global notification orders but not sure about that. Was afk in my own sector, when i came back noticed that the messages pop up every few minutes.
I have quite a few mods running, but don't think they should interfer with the video notifications.

Tested removing the mod, resaving, reinstalling and after that uninstalling all mods except the save dependent ones. Namly XR Ship Pack, and your Random Xenon Gates one (which really bones Antigone in this save). Again resaving and reinstalling, no change.

Not a huge issue for me, don't use Seta, just thought you should know.

Cheers!

P.S.: Thank you and all modders really for making X4 so much more enjoyable!

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 9. Feb 20, 02:07

The suppression only happens if the message originates from out of sector. Are you sure the kills are happening in another sector? Are you in a sector with the representative for the faction sending the messages?

Doctorzook
x4

Post by Doctorzook » Sun, 9. Feb 20, 15:38

Yes I‘m sure. Doesn‘t matter where I am, most of the time I‘m in NOP, which is mine.
I get messages from all of them, checked logbook. I have multiple small fleets defending gates in all main sectors.

Ragemaster9999
x4

Post by Ragemaster9999 » Sat, 29. Feb 20, 22:23

Is there a way to get money for killing enemies in hostile or neutral sectors? Xenon took headquarters of ANT but I see little incentive taking it back. Also there appears to be no police license or bounty system for hativikah free league which is part of argon sector?

TCESylver

Post by TCESylver » Thu, 30. Apr 20, 21:20

Is there a way to disable all the thank you messages im getting? Its getting annoying.

DoomedSpaceSeal

Post by DoomedSpaceSeal » Sun, 7. Jun 20, 21:53

Hey there,

is there a way to customize the Rewards you are getting.

M 10000credits and L 200000 Credits etc.
Is that configurable?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 7. Jun 20, 23:41

No. It's easy to mod the general values but I don't intend to do that with this one.

DoomedSpaceSeal

Post by DoomedSpaceSeal » Mon, 8. Jun 20, 20:03

Okay was just wondering if that is possible.

Thanks for the fast reply

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 8. Jun 20, 20:11

DoomedSpaceSeal wrote:
Mon, 8. Jun 20, 20:03
Okay was just wondering if that is possible.

Thanks for the fast reply
It's a diff of defaults.xml

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 20:05

I've got Better Kill Credit up and running from the start and it worked just fine too.

At some point I then played around with Ventures (the mod) - then the "Extended Conversation Menu" said goodbye. Then everything out and back in - and both went again.

Unfortunately there have been problems with "Better Kill Credit" since then (I can't say whether that is directly related). In itself the script works great - only: I get an announcement every time by video in which everyone thanks for my help. Since I have fleets at all xenon entry gates, this happens about every 10 seconds. :o

So "Better Kill Credit" thrown out - saved - without started - saved - put back in - saved - and ... the messages still come.

Why is it that I now always get these messages? It was also possible before. And other mods that suppress messages, I still have "Silence" running (no tones for incoming messages) - but that has always worked well with "Better Kill Kredits".

My nerves are already bare. I would not like to forego the income from my fleets - but the video messages are very annoying in the long run. :cry:
Meine Mods bei NexusMods: RS Loss Report RS Bribe for Scandata RS Colors RS Marine Special Training
Meine Mod-Collection bei NexusMods: X4 VRO Reloaded

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”