[MOD Request] Improve AI interactions with sectors

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Warnoise

[MOD Request] Improve AI interactions with sectors

Post by Warnoise » Fri, 10. Jan 20, 08:25

It would be great if there is a mod that does the below:

-Make the AI capture neutral sectors
-AI Builds its stations in sectors owned by allies
-AI Attempt to capture sectors that are not adjacent

Currently, it feels like the AI interaction with sectors is quite limited. In my game there are some neutral sectors (that used to be owned by factions but got their admin building destroyed) that stayed neutral for more than 100 hours in-game time.

As about point 2, Argon has only 1 sector left, it is allies with Antigone which has a decent amount of sectors left. It would be great to see Argon building inside Antigone territory to revive its economy.

In point 3, most of the wars came to halt because of neutral sectors (or player owned sector) in between factions.

Shuulo
x4

Re: [MOD Request] Improve AI interactions with sectors

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 10. Jan 20, 09:20

Warnoise wrote:
Fri, 10. Jan 20, 08:25
It would be great if there is a mod that does the below:

-Make the AI capture neutral sectors
-AI Builds its stations in sectors owned by allies
-AI Attempt to capture sectors that are not adjacent

Currently, it feels like the AI interaction with sectors is quite limited. In my game there are some neutral sectors (that used to be owned by factions but got their admin building destroyed) that stayed neutral for more than 100 hours in-game time.

As about point 2, Argon has only 1 sector left, it is allies with Antigone which has a decent amount of sectors left. It would be great to see Argon building inside Antigone territory to revive its economy.

In point 3, most of the wars came to halt because of neutral sectors (or player owned sector) in between factions.
There is Mysterials Faction Enhancer that tackles all of the issues above.
Also, factions capture neutral sectors that are adjacent to them and their enemy, so killing admin module will not stop the war.
For point 2 - they wil not build in allied space (for now at least) but with catchup module will be able to rebuild even in one left sector a lot faster.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 02:03

I am using the faction enhancer mod, unfortunately i have never seen a faction attempting to take over adjacent neutral sector. In my game MIN lost eighteen billion but i managed to save it by destroying the xenon defence station and turn it to "neutral" status. Despite MIN still having a shipyard and a bunch of other building there, the sector stayed neutral for ages with no signs of ever changing owners. The same with bunch of other neutral sectors.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 02:32

If they had a shipyard there, it shouldn't be neutral. All AI shipyard designs come with admin modules. So if you're correct either the admin module is wrecked and isn't being rebuilt for some reason (potentially valid, like lack of resources) or there is a bug in the game and the sector shouldn't be neutral.

Also, my mod only allows taking neutral sectors if either one of these is true:
a) capturing the neutral sector would cause the faction to be adjacent to an enemy
b) the faction has factories in the sector already

They will not take sectors that were designed in the map to be neutral under most circumstances. This is intentional.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”