New Reshade version works with Vulkan

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mr.Freud
x4

Re: New Reshade version works with Vulkan

Post by Mr.Freud » Mon, 23. Dec 19, 17:58

kmunoz wrote:
Mon, 23. Dec 19, 17:35

But now I have a question:

What is the x4_with_reshade.exe? I've never seen that.
When you install reshade (starting with ver.4.0 if im not mistaken) for Vulkan based game it creates an .exe in the installation folder. its named "x4_with_reshade.exe" for X4. U have to launch the game with the exe in order to get reshade working.
And still - better use 4.5 because 4.4 destroys performance. basicly you get 20 fps after 10 minutes of gameplay no matter what shaders you're using with 4.4.x

Angsaar
x4

Post by Angsaar » Mon, 23. Dec 19, 18:51

Mr.Freud wrote:
Mon, 23. Dec 19, 17:58

When you install reshade (starting with ver.4.0 if im not mistaken) for Vulkan based game it creates an .exe in the installation folder. its named "x4_with_reshade.exe" for X4. U have to launch the game with the exe in order to get reshade working.
And still - better use 4.5 because 4.4 destroys performance. basicly you get 20 fps after 10 minutes of gameplay no matter what shaders you're using with 4.4.x
4.5.2 works here without any extra .exe or .bat, Steam beta version, Windows 10, Nvidia latest drivers.

At least checking the "Apply for all Vulkan games or whatever the words were" checkbox, injects with the regular beta .exe

Edit: I found out where it's going, C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\ReShade
Edit2: The DLL's and compatibility layer code, I mean. Go to that folder. :thumb_up:

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Mon, 23. Dec 19, 19:45

kmunoz wrote:
Mon, 23. Dec 19, 17:35
Mr.Freud wrote:
Mon, 23. Dec 19, 14:45
kmunoz wrote:
Mon, 23. Dec 19, 03:03
Unfortunately, this didn't work, either. It installed a slightly older version (4.4.2) and did actually put a DLL into the folder, but didn't add the shaders directory and didn't inject when I started the game.

Windows doesn't appear to be preventing anything - I am running these programs with admin privileges.
Don't use 4.4.x. use 4.5.x or above. 4.4 has performance bug in Vulkan games.
I too couldn't launch the game with ReShade at first. I fixed it by completely uninstalling drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller first, then I installed latest drivers without GeForce Experience (I have Nvidia btw) and then the game launched with reshade with the x4_with_reshade.exe. I think Reshade conflicts with Nvidia Ansel. Give it a try.
I do want to say I appreciate all the suggestions even if they aren't my solution!

I was attempting to use 4.5.2 up until the suggestion to use the manager (which only installs 4.4.2). I haven't had luck with any version.

I'm using an AMD graphics card running its regular, non-experimental driver. I'm wary of nuking my display driver just to test this.

But now I have a question:

What is the x4_with_reshade.exe? I've never seen that.
IF you are using Windows 10 version 1903 or above check your security settings. The newer anti ransomeware features can stop programs from loading things into any subfolder of the My Documents folder. I use ver 1909 and have had to make exceptions for a couple of games I run to get them to work properly. Also I am a musician and a studio engineer and have had to make exceptions in my security settings for some of my Vst plugins to work and they are.dll files. If you are using these newer versions of Windows 10 it doesn't notify you when it blocks a file saving, or at least mine doesn't. You can check by opening security settings and check to see what was blocked.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Tue, 24. Dec 19, 04:17

Angsaar wrote:
Mon, 23. Dec 19, 18:51
Edit: I found out where it's going, C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\ReShade
Edit2: The DLL's and compatibility layer code, I mean. Go to that folder. :thumb_up:
That folder doesn't exist for me... so maybe that's the issue.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Tue, 24. Dec 19, 04:18

boogieman335 wrote:
Mon, 23. Dec 19, 19:45
IF you are using Windows 10 version 1903 or above check your security settings. The newer anti ransomeware features can stop programs from loading things into any subfolder of the My Documents folder. I use ver 1909 and have had to make exceptions for a couple of games I run to get them to work properly. Also I am a musician and a studio engineer and have had to make exceptions in my security settings for some of my Vst plugins to work and they are.dll files. If you are using these newer versions of Windows 10 it doesn't notify you when it blocks a file saving, or at least mine doesn't. You can check by opening security settings and check to see what was blocked.
Ok, this seems promising, but I am a bit out of my depth on what to check. (I only use Windows for gaming, the computer I get shit done on is a Mac.)

Is there a specific control panel or program I should be going to, to check and/or fix the security setting issue? It sounds like this might be the problem.

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Tue, 24. Dec 19, 18:31

kmunoz wrote:
Tue, 24. Dec 19, 04:18
boogieman335 wrote:
Mon, 23. Dec 19, 19:45
Ok, this seems promising, but I am a bit out of my depth on what to check. (I only use Windows for gaming, the computer I get shit done on is a Mac.)

Is there a specific control panel or program I should be going to, to check and/or fix the security setting issue? It sounds like this might be the problem.
Go into the settings under Update and Security and look for the section on ransom ware. In that section there is a part that shows what is being blocked and allows you to make exceptions. I actually had to do this with X4 because it was not allowing my game to make saves in the X4 folder in My Documents, a couple other games too. I found out about this originally because of problems getting a software synth to load in my DAW at the studio where I work.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Wed, 25. Dec 19, 00:21

boogieman335 wrote:
Tue, 24. Dec 19, 18:31
Go into the settings under Update and Security and look for the section on ransom ware. In that section there is a part that shows what is being blocked and allows you to make exceptions. I actually had to do this with X4 because it was not allowing my game to make saves in the X4 folder in My Documents, a couple other games too. I found out about this originally because of problems getting a software synth to load in my DAW at the studio where I work.
Thanks, I found the section but it looks like I don't have the feature turned on in the first place - "controlled folder access" is set to off and there's nothing on the screen that lets me see past alerts/interventions.

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Thu, 26. Dec 19, 17:40

kmunoz wrote:
Wed, 25. Dec 19, 00:21
boogieman335 wrote:
Tue, 24. Dec 19, 18:31
Thanks, I found the section but it looks like I don't have the feature turned on in the first place - "controlled folder access" is set to off and there's nothing on the screen that lets me see past alerts/interventions.
Ok the only other suggestion I can make is to make sure you have windows updated with the latest .NET stuff and directX . Either some security setting is blocking your install are all the necessary components are not availiable for it to complete.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”