3.0 Public Beta is now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xcelsior
x4

Re: 3.0 Public Beta is now available

Post by Xcelsior » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 18:02

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 16:12
tomchk wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 15:38
I thought having SCA locked this way was meant to provide “independent” pirates because you can attack one without bothering the others. Dev feedback would be helpful on this.
Pretty much this. The SCA is just a "pact", not a full faction. You can't increase or decrease your reputation with one of the pact's members by doing things, positive or negative, involving another. That's exactly how it is supposed to be, and it's not a "cheat"; it's an accurate representation of how the SCA operates. We have no plans to change that in the foreseeable future.
The SCA are like the mafia, or cartels, or any other organized crime organization. A haphazard pact of ships would not be able to build and maintain stations without leadership and funds. I just don't see individual pirates chipping in to build a trading post without a little encouragement from someone that they fear more than the police.

The SCA "should" be a faction that we can join and increase faction standing, or decrease as individuals or part of a police start.

And, there should also be other pirate ships not associated with SCA; freelancers (not referring to the game, just using the term) just like us. The other ships should always be hostile to the SCA and the player as they are acting as independent contractors.

EDIT: I had already responded to a previous post when I saw the request to stop discussing this topic. If the devs won't fix this, a modder will eventually. End of discussion as requested.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 18:58

Gone to play the beta tonight again and gog is downloading a 3gb update? any idea what this is? maybe new sectors etc Bernd spoke about on the livestream?
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 19:01

There hasn't been any new update, and we'd certainly let you know if there was something major like that.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 19:07

Must be GOG thinking the games not installed or something silly then! shame i was hoping for more goodies! lol

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 19:07

just a rather disappointing wait to play walst it downloads now lol

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 19:09

Actually, now I recall in last two weeks there was two 8mb updates to X4 on steam.
Was this something, or some kind of Steam shenanigan?

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 19:10

Ok update after downloading 3gb of something GOG now tells me the installation of the update has failed and its displaying 2.6 hf 2 again lol Verifying install hopefully resets it!

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 19:16

Mine was about 3.5 G, and I thought that made sense given all the new sound and graphics effects/assets. I'm not expert, but the visual and audio changes are pretty huge and I assume would need a decent size.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 19:18

They probably also gave us some of the assets for the upcoming stories!

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 19:24

I suppose sectors themselves being simply visual assets, the working parts being stations and ships they would have no need to Public Beta test them as long as the working parts have been checked. I may have missed it but will SPlit V have just split assets or add to other races ships also?

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 19:27

dougeye wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 19:24
I suppose sectors themselves being simply visual assets, the working parts being stations and ships they would have no need to Public Beta test...
You never know, "visual assets" can also have bugs.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 19:49

Indeed. Has anyone checked to see if turret placement has been fixed on, e.g., the Ody? In 2.6 and before, turrets and shields were often clipping each other.

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 02:06

So about all those ships not using the highways any longer.. feature or bug??

I was hoping that the character assets would get visual improvements to be more inline with XR tbh. The Split and Teladi in XR are far more interesting and imposing that what we have in X4. That whole neon Split thing is cool and all but, yeah..

Oh, I didn't see it mentioned in the livestream or I missed it but weren't we supposed to get a feature to allow us to set rules for sectors we controlled or something along those lines??

Anyway good job Egosoft for pushing this to beta just before the holidays when several of the other studios are reporting delays in their holiday lineup until next year.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 11:10

yeah one thing i was hoping for in regards to npc's is more appropriate clothing for various roles. Having an argon dude in a hoody looking like he's on his way to an underground German Trance Rave commanding my brand new colossus carrier/battleship is a little disconcerting! lol yes yes i could replace him but he's a 5 star captain! lol

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 13:55

I'd love to see proper faction uniforms and customizable player faction NPC uniforms/colors after 3.0/DLC.
We can select default skin with color stripes for player ships, then it should be possible to select default clothers and their colors for player faction.

Some of them are really good, like pilot and marine suits, but hobo hoodies not so much.
I think randomized factor is also at fault, clothes should be dynamically applied depending on NPC role.

Guy in a fancy suit looks great as a trader, but not so good when he pilot a fighter:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1793067913

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 14:32

MHDriver wrote:
Sat, 16. Nov 19, 02:06
So about all those ships not using the highways any longer.. feature or bug??
We have already explained in the reports of this in the Beta feedback forum that it's a bug, and that we have a fix for it in the pipeline. :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 14:35

@ mr.WHO: What, you mean my ace fighter pilot who always carries around a big dockyard tool when flying his bird was just an unlucky chance? :lol:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

dtdionne
x4

Post by dtdionne » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 16:14

Was the beta pulled? Drop down has nothing...

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 16:15

No, the Beta is still there. As per the instructions in the Beta forum, you need to enter the password first in order to see it.

dtdionne
x4

Post by dtdionne » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 16:19

Good grief, I’m sorry....ugh I can be irritating

Return to “X4: Foundations”