Update 2.60 release and delay announcement for X4: Split Vendetta

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Update 2.60 release and delay announcement for X4: Split Vendetta

Post by Gregory » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 13:52

We're happy to announce the release of the update 2.60 for X4: Foundations. The main changes and fixes include:

• significantly improved in-game economy
• better navigation, both for the player guidance system and for AI ships
• updated Logical Station Overview and Station Info menu
• added Russian voice recordings
• a whole host of smaller fixes and improvements

You can find the full change log here. We would like to thank you for your valuable and helpful feedback during the beta testing phase of this update.

We also need to inform you that the previously announced expansion X4: Split Vendetta and the associated big 3.0 update for X4: Foundations won’t, unfortunately, hit their original targeted release timeframe of Q4 2019. We're now targeting a new release date within the first quarter of 2020 for both the X4: Split Vendetta expansion and the 3.0 update. Once we get a little closer, we will be able to announce a more specific date.

We're very sorry about this delay and would particularly like to apologise to all owners of the X4: Foundations Collector's Edition, which includes the two future expansions. During the development of the X4: Split Vendetta expansion and the 3.0 update, a number of things have emerged that we really want to see implemented, optimised and fixed in time for the next big step forward for X4: Foundations in order to meet our own expectations as well as yours. We simply need a bit more time to do so.

In order to give you some more insight into the current development of our game, we will shortly be announcing a date for an AMA on Reddit with Bernd Lehahn, Managing Director of EGOSOFT, where you can ask your questions about the X series and specifically about X4: Split Vendetta and the 3.0 update. We're also planning to do another live stream on our Twitch channel (https://www.twitch.tv/egosoftofficial) with Bernd and other team members where we'll be showing off 2.60 and will answer more of your questions.

Watch this space for announcements of specific dates for both the upcoming AMA as well as the live stream.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

csaba
x4

Re: Update 2.60 release and delay announcement for X4: Split Vendetta

Post by csaba » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 13:59

Whelp now I feel like an idiot after in the other poll thread I voted it will come out in time....

Any ETA on a rough list of changes what you're planning for 3.0? I mean aside the 4 points you wrote in January that clearly evolved since. Next steps in the evolution of X4: Foundations

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 14:57

While I was looking forward to 3.0 and the DLC, I'm glad you are taking your time to make it the best experience possible! More details as to what you have planned for 3.0 and the DLC would certainly be welcome at this point, it has been far too long without any sort of official indication of what is being planned for it, especially news regarding 3.0.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 15:02

A big thank you for 2.60.

Too bad for the q4 release, but if it has to be q1 2020, then so be it! Have fun!
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

facc00
x4

Post by facc00 » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 16:37

Thanks for the info! Keep up the good work!

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 17:26

Glad you pushed it back if it means a better and a more polished 3.0 and dlc launch, as it really needs to come out in good condition.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 17:51

Damn, could have been great Christmas break from work on a 10 day session with barely any sleep :mrgreen:

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 18:12

Perhaps you can keep us busy and help you test with a public beta by November... 😊
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

lordpazuzu
x4

Post by lordpazuzu » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 18:53

Congratulations on 2.6, it seems like a pretty solid update. Also please take your time on 3.0, I bet it will be a huge update.

nalim27
x4

Post by nalim27 » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 19:43

Hello,
it is better to delay release rather than deliver something buggy and incomplete ...... (ehm .... I'm look on you, X:R and X4 on release day :-) )

I agree that it be good to have some more details about what features will be added into 3.0, or at least what is planned (every sane person knows that something can be postponed in case of troubles)

Also I have one question - are you guys planning to release another patch till Xmas? Something like 2.61 or maybe 2.70? Or you want to focus all resources to 3.0 and DLC? I understand that if there will be some game breaking bug in 2.60 then you will fix it. I'm talking here on some big update like 2.60 is.

And last thing - I'm happy that you mentioned in OP post "early adopters" that plays and testing public betas of 2.60 - it is nice and polite!

Keep up good work!
Mine rig - X4 ready :-) Windows 10 64b
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X (stock clocks 3.7GHz + 4.3GHz boost), 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM,
GPU: AMD Vega64 8 GB HBM, played on 2569x1440, Freesync2
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCI-ex

CPU before 1.7.2018: Intel Xeon E5450@3.6GHz, 8GB DDR2 800MHz RAM,

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 20:02

I agree with the good work on the 2.60 beta and the headway that has been made to a great game for the future.

What i do not agree with is the delay without a substitute content drop.

The Game will soon hit it's 1st anniversary and besides a confined universe with rather static factions and highly automated systems with almost no fine tuning options by the player it has not made any visible and i mean visible improvement in this rather long time span.

Please EGOsoft drop us a bone give us something a few new sectors some new ships the skill book training system a small story mission what ever but do not delay the content over and over without any subsitute content.

I write this as someone that has as of writing almost 1800 hours clocked on one STEAM account and i love the game to bits and recognize the noticeable changes that have been made under the hood with recently with 2.50 and now again with 2.60 but those system changes are worth nothing as long as the Sandbox is only populated so sparsely.

Right now the game starts strong but regardless of what ever path you take you end up with loose ends as the systems can't cope with the task or they just ain't designed to give you the granularity of control you desire.

For now the game has to small a sandbox to play either as warlord or mogul and i don't think in sectors but actual population and market footprint to influence plus the toys are also to rigid and clunky to distract someone with endless options of micro management as everything is automated to a 10th degree.

And in almost a Year pretty much nothing has changed that we as player can point a finger and say look this adds value to my game experience like the AUX for example it is great that they exist but the system they are supposed to improve does not even work proper in itself.

Please consider this a honest concerned comment of a loyal but disappointed customer/player this of course is only my personal opinion and feelings and i look forward in anticipation to the 3.0 and Split Vendetta release to see my concerns and disappointment to be swept away.
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 20:04

nalim27 wrote:
Thu, 17. Oct 19, 19:43
Also I have one question - are you guys planning to release another patch till Xmas? Something like 2.61 or maybe 2.70? Or you want to focus all resources to 3.0 and DLC? I understand that if there will be some game breaking bug in 2.60 then you will fix it. I'm talking here on some big update like 2.60 is.
As explained by CBJ here, there won't be another update before 3.00.
CBJ wrote:
Thu, 17. Oct 19, 19:00
If we were to put another update in between then that would be very likely to push 3.0 back even further, so be careful what you wish for. ;)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 20:06

A shame you're going to miss the christmas deadline but I'm not going to complain about holding stuff back until it's at a better level of quality. Given that a pretty common caveat with X games is that they can be a little... rough on release, taking extra time to ensure quality and completeness isn't something I'm going to criticize lol.

Going to give 2.6 a whirl and see how it affects my game in progress, and hopefully I'll get to start a new game in the spring.

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 22:29

Patch day is best day. Based on all the work in 2.6 I was hoping you'd push back 3.0 tbh. Keep up the good work!

Bozar69
x4

Post by Bozar69 » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 22:55

Better to wait for a finished product then something rushed I suppose. Anyway cant wait to finish this 12 hour shift so i can get home and try out the 2.6 update.

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 23:34

Pushing it back is absolutely the right decision if it gives you enough time to properly tackle some of the fundamental issues with the game as it stands.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Fri, 18. Oct 19, 01:34

Take all the time you need! 2.60 is a big milestone update IMO for such a modest bump in version number. I'll be waiting excitedly for the rest whenever it comes :)

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Fri, 18. Oct 19, 06:44

3.0 is a very important patch. So better put as many implementations as possible in it before release. Good call and good luck.

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Fri, 18. Oct 19, 08:14

It’s a real shame not to be able to release 3.0 for the Christmas holidays, but I would prefer it done right this time. 2.6 is great and exactly where the game should have been on release.

geronimo3

Post by geronimo3 » Fri, 18. Oct 19, 12:05

reading this thread i´am probably the only one who is dissapointed on the delay. i agree that current 2.6 patch brings the game to a level on which it should had been released, but the game has now matured approximately one year, and i had fun playing it even with the bugs. i have enjoyed every patch and the extensions and improvments which were implemeted, and i was prepared to accept that 3.0 and the DLC would have come with new bugs which were adressed later. In my opinion this is a strength of Egosoft so release and support their game closely. Maybe i´am more faulty tolerant than others, but until now Egosoft deserved some faith in them.

Return to “X4: Foundations”