[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joelnh
x3tc

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.9.13

Post by Joelnh » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 02:37

My play through I started as Allied to ATF / Terran, I got the company mission about a stock exchange.
I was about to hunt xenon and pirates for rep And got the completed mission message about a minute later.

IceExplosive
x3ap

Post by IceExplosive » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 13:49

Joelnh wrote:
Tue, 17. Sep 19, 02:37
My play through I started as Allied to ATF / Terran, I got the company mission about a stock exchange.
I was about to hunt xenon and pirates for rep And got the completed mission message about a minute later.
Because ypu were at war with Lizzards... Its a workaround for case when you declare a pernament war and are stuck cause you cant improve rep anymore.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 05:02

Are you no longer supporting the mod Ju-Barbie ?

So much potential.. died so young.
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 18:18

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 05:02
Are you no longer supporting the mod Ju-Barbie ?

So much potential.. died so young.
Uuuhhh... Ok. I'd say you've drunk a bit too much today.

Shomey
x4

Post by Shomey » Thu, 19. Sep 19, 15:42

I was wondering how other players make money in Mayhem. I'm currently working to my 3th OCV invasion and I have been at war with the split from around the start of the game. I also just went to war with Argon aswell. I'm building my third m7 and currently boarding M1`s. I have 10-15UT which constantly go to standby and stop working and my only income seems to be selling overstock of energy cells and maybe a mission or 2. I'm not yet set to build shields and lasers so I still have to market a lot of them. I have 6-7 sanctuaries(not sure) and my threat is at 10. I need to get more millitairy up for the OCV and invading sectors with 2x m7 and 20x m6 is going to slow. Seeing that I have so many enemies I have trouble maintaining a sat network for traders anyway. I have like 30-40 sectors sattet max.

Should I produce shields and weapons to sell them?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Thu, 19. Sep 19, 17:39

Shomey wrote:
Thu, 19. Sep 19, 15:42
I was wondering how other players make money in Mayhem. [...]

Should I produce shields and weapons to sell them?
Shield and weapon production provides by far the best large scale passive income i've found yet. It can render money completely irrelevant for maintenance or buying goods (and enables you to use it more as a strategic resource for diplomatic interactions). Go for small equipment. This seems to be more profitable than big guns.

I didn't try UT's, or missle production.

Mining can be profitable too. Even if it's more limited than with standart LU. A handfull of small mining fleets, spread out in various sectors and a courier collecting from all of them can provide a safe, reliable small to medium passive income. Boarding capships which have loads of expensive heavy guns is also viable for a medium active income.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 19. Sep 19, 17:40

If your UTs constantly go on standby, there's something you did not understand. I suggest reading the command information. Do they have a homebase? If so, they'll stay around it, and that's not the best way to make them gain experience. If not, put them into another area, because they don't find any good opportunities where they are (and they obviously won't trade with your enemies). Also make sure you did not blacklist any valuable sector. 10-15 UTs is a pretty low number in mid-game. They can be very profitable.
Other source of income generally are: miners, vanilla missions, company missions and crafting stuff for selling. Having a universal collector is also helpful in early games.

Shomey
x4

Post by Shomey » Thu, 19. Sep 19, 18:56

Thanks for the tips. Still some questions:
When capping ships do I strip them or does gear get sold with them?
Vanilla missions max out against m7 groups or do they get even harder?
For mining, do I need ships with drilling thingies? Those are only m3 with miner in the name? Do I need a homebase for that as in a TL? I remember those from LU.
My component stations(3in1) usually have 1 or 2 of the factories flashing, even tho they are fabricating and stocks seem to be fairly full. Is there a way to see the required materials for each component and the number needed for each cycle besides building the single factories to check?

As for UT. Not sure(game not open) if they have a homebase but they are deployed far from my factory since starter unknown sector isn`t very central. It could also be that the sat network is rather poor where they are. Could that make them standby? With 2 wars sectors do get limited. Guess I can build some rangers, jump them around and then let them place sats.

In my last Meyhem game(1,5 years ago) I used to have 60-80 UT`s but back then I did no wars, no company things. Dint know invasions scaled back then. I thought I would get killed instantly. I can build 50+ UT`s right now if need be, sat coverage is the biggest issue.

I guess I keep boarding and get some small weapon fabrication setup. They dont require the hardest materials. Just missing the crystals.

IceExplosive
x3ap

Post by IceExplosive » Fri, 20. Sep 19, 07:23

Profitable and cheap are also chaff missiles... They dont even require Warheads.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Fri, 20. Sep 19, 13:12

I really like the expedition system you implemented... I haven't tried boarding other ships yet, will figure that out this weekend.

Is there an easy way to add more perks?
And expand on existing ones.

i.e. RudderPerk - 1 rudder upgrade
Tuning 2 - another point of tuning
Rudder 2 - another point of rudder
Stealth Satellite - maybe a new factory to create stealth satellites, that are ignored or targeted last (all other enemies killed first)
Enhanced Satellite - Has scanner that will show entire sector when placed in 1 corner.
Cargo - More Cargo Space
More Marines

Many more things could be added, I know some can be changed in T file but think having it unlock through gameplay is more enjoyable.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 20. Sep 19, 13:52

Shomey wrote:
Thu, 19. Sep 19, 18:56
When capping ships do I strip them or does gear get sold with them?
Gets sold with them. You may achieve higher profits from selling after stripping (nice sentence :D ) But its easier to just sell the whole ship and be done with it. You can also load it with additional stuff you couldn't sell to anyone for being hostile with the only potential buyers.
Shomey wrote:
For mining, do I need ships with drilling thingies? Those are only m3 with miner in the name? Do I need a homebase for that as in a TL? I remember those from LU.
Yes, the mobile drilling system. They shoot rocks and this spawns goodies in their cargohold. TS miners also exist, but generally have less drills than M3. Either homebase miners to a sanctuary (Advanced commands>Mining fleet:Station), or carrier (Cmd Console>Special>Mining Fleet:Carrier). TL is good, but TM works too. For carriers you're going to need a courier (Mayhem adds a command to grab all minerals at once). 4 miners per sector is always save. Going higher introduces a certain risk.
Shomey wrote:
My component stations(3in1) usually have 1 or 2 of the factories flashing, even tho they are fabricating and stocks seem to be fairly full. Is there a way to see the required materials for each component and the number needed for each cycle besides building the single factories to check?
Click on complex>Connected Stations>Info
Chips and Tubes have long cycle times so you need much more resources before production kicks in.
Shomey wrote:
Just missing the crystals.
There are very light weapons which don't require crystals.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 20. Sep 19, 15:05

Joelnh wrote:
Fri, 20. Sep 19, 13:12
You mean without scripting? No, there's none. And even with scripting, the implementation is tedious and not generic.

Shomey
x4

Post by Shomey » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 10:08

I could use some pointers on when to start boarding m1 and m2 ships. M7 go fine with usually one loss but I tried a m1 only 6 came back alive, out of 15! They all have fighting on or near 100 and a special skill to 100. Research: fast action, shield expertise and silent warriors. All have 2protection bodyarmor with 10/10 strenght and maxed out ammo and caliber2 weapons with all but optics maxed. How can I keep my guys alive? Do I need 6protection armor(creating it now) or more research?

Also, how can I unlock expeditions, are those locked behind the OCV stealth thingy questchain?

Thanks!

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 11:03

@Shomey: Check intel in your boarding report. What does Enemy Standart- and Enemy Elite Equipment list as caliber and bullet energy?

Shomey
x4

Post by Shomey » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 12:52

It does not tell me anything. Only hit from range for x damage and x health is left.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 13:38

No, there is an additional button "show intel" located on top of all this information. Right above the SITREP it shows information about enemy equipment after first contact has been made.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 14:39

Playing ATF / Terran allied start and got a mission from corp to board a Terran M6. haven't done it yet, but thought it might be an oversite as the previous stock market one auto completed since I was their enemy.

Shomey
x4

Post by Shomey » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 15:18

Nice tip. With penetration the elites do 5000j so I need maxed armor. Money wise 9marines is not to costly for a collossus I guess(not sure for how much it sells) but all the lost training hurts.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 18:15

Joubarbe wrote:
Fri, 20. Sep 19, 15:05
Joelnh wrote:
Fri, 20. Sep 19, 13:12
You mean without scripting? No, there's none. And even with scripting, the implementation is tedious and not generic.
I know it's not what you asked for, but if you just want more perks, you can do this.
Open \Mayhem\Changed Scripts\addon\scripts\Mayhem.GetMaxPerks.xml
Modify:
$maxPerks = $maxPerks + $permanentEnemies
to look like:
$maxPerks = $maxPerks + $permanentEnemies + 3 (This shows 3 extra perks, but use however many you want)

Recommend you use X-Studio to edit the file, but you could edit the XML directly with a text editor if you feel brave.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 18:18

IceExplosive wrote:
Fri, 20. Sep 19, 07:23
Profitable and cheap are also chaff missiles... They dont even require Warheads.
So do you just try to sell these to NPC's straight out of your sanctuary, or do you load up a hauler with them and sell the hauler at an NPC shipyard ?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”