[MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v2.0 and ashipmod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

sco1981
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by sco1981 » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 10:50

TSchmidtC wrote:
Tue, 20. Aug 19, 14:30
Hello after a short break, I've started a new game, and tetst with ROR.

After starting the ROR main mod I flew through the ORA sector and the gate to the TTC sector is inactive.

In the ORA sector there were several Eureka MK1 and MK3 ships, although all extensions are switched.

The ORA began their invasion about an hour later, they built a station module and positioned a couple of ships for backup, including 2 Normal Destroyer.
The HOP are not hostile to the ORA and seem to supply the ORA site with material that ORA have no construction ship
The ORA have only attacked the Teladi, since the Teladi Gate has been moved to the other sector there has been no invasion after Stiller Witness.
Earlier, the ORA first attacked the argons.

This is the state after about 2 hours.

The problem with the inactive goal seems to be caused by the game start with version 2.5.
I've read in a commentary of Another mod adds the sectors added that there is also someone inactive gates.
The Moder checked the MD file with the list of forced goals and missed those goals.
HOP has a bad position, they got XENON, Argon and Paranid as enemy. If ORA would be enemy to HOP, then HOP would die really quick.
The problem with Silent Witness is a Egosoft AI problem, custom races seems not to invade neutral sectors. I hope Egosoft will fix this soon.
There are inactive gates because of addons for more sectors in the future.
I am planing to develop this mod further with the release of 3.0 beta.
Wonsz wrote:
Wed, 4. Sep 19, 08:41
I got my own Arawn Mk1. Shipyard promissed me a carrier. On a galaxy map it looks like a carrier. But it does not behave like a carrier - I can't restock or repair any ship with it. Neighter can I give command "get supplies". Vanilla carriers and auxiliary ships are working (more or less ;) ) Is this how this mod works, or did I do something wrong? Can anyone confirm that carriers itroduced by this mod work like vanilla carriers?
Didnt play after the resupply ships and new functions, but are you refering to supply carriers or to real carriers?
I thought that only supply carriers can restock other ships.

Wonsz
x4

Post by Wonsz » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 14:44

sco1981 wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 10:50
Didnt play after the resupply ships and new functions, but are you refering to supply carriers or to real carriers?
I'm not sure what are "supply" or "real" carriers and I can't check it in game, since I'm waiting for Ego to fix [url=viewtopic.php?f=192&t=418888]this[url] issue - except I don't have 10 or 20 minutes ;)
From what I remember, there are two types of ships in vanilla that can resupply other ships - L carriers (for S and M - ARG Colossus) and XL auxiliary ships (that also work with L and XL - ARG Nomad). Your mod has some XL ships that looks like carriers and are described in lore as carrierrs (e.g. Arawn), but I can't use them for resupplying other ships. I can see that you updated your mod after release of 2.50, so I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature ;)

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 10:09

Hi, when I want all the ships, but I dont want the Ossian race to overwhelm everything, what mod should I use? There are at least 3 ship mods from you :D. In fact I can live without the new race if the ships stay available for me and all old races :).
Not that the idea of a new race is bad, but I dont want to have so much stress playing against a super faction additionally to Xenon.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 17:04

Wonsz wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 14:44
sco1981 wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 10:50
I'm not sure what are "supply" or "real" carriers and I can't check it in game, since I'm waiting for Ego to fix [url=viewtopic.php?f=192&t=418888]this[url] issue - except I don't have 10 or 20 minutes ;)
From what I remember, there are two types of ships in vanilla that can resupply other ships - L carriers (for S and M - ARG Colossus) and XL auxiliary ships (that also work with L and XL - ARG Nomad). Your mod has some XL ships that looks like carriers and are described in lore as carrierrs (e.g. Arawn), but I can't use them for resupplying other ships. I can see that you updated your mod after release of 2.50, so I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature ;)
If i understand you right, Argon Colossus carrier can resupply S and M ships? Then i have to look why my ships dont work with that feature.
Max Bain wrote:
Sat, 21. Sep 19, 10:09
Hi, when I want all the ships, but I dont want the Ossian race to overwhelm everything, what mod should I use? There are at least 3 ship mods from you :D. In fact I can live without the new race if the ships stay available for me and all old races :).
Not that the idea of a new race is bad, but I dont want to have so much stress playing against a super faction additionally to Xenon.
If you use the Mainmod only, then the Ossian Raider shouldnt be a problem. They will start to invade with few ships after 72h ingame time, nothing big, just like other races.
If you activate one or both of the flagship mods, then the Ossian Raider becomes a threat.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Mon, 23. Sep 19, 16:21

Can i install this mod in an existing game? (not new game)

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Mon, 23. Sep 19, 19:43

Warnoise wrote:
Mon, 23. Sep 19, 16:21
yes.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 03:28

sco1981 wrote:
Mon, 23. Sep 19, 19:43
Warnoise wrote:
Mon, 23. Sep 19, 16:21
yes.
Thank you for answer. Is it compatible with 2.6?

Wonsz
x4

Post by Wonsz » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 07:59

Yes, I'm playing beta with this mod and have no problems.

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 15:39

sco1981 i have a small favor to ask can you move XL turrets on Arawn mk 1 and Taranis mk1 on the back off the engine on front off the ships Arawn mk 1 Marked with https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1871585934 Taranis mk1 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1871585870 after the 2.6

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 25. Sep 19, 02:22

Heya sco,
Im back from a bit of slumber with 2.6 and upcoming 3.0.
Do you plan to update this mod after 2.6? Im trying to start the long ago promised comp. patch so thinking if I would include your files into VRO's base mod to have a built-in compatibility, or is this not the best idea?

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Wed, 25. Sep 19, 20:26

Thecrippler wrote:
Tue, 24. Sep 19, 15:39
sco1981 i have a small favor to ask can you move XL turrets on Arawn mk 1 and Taranis mk1 on the back off the engine on front off the ships Arawn mk 1 Marked with https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1871585934 Taranis mk1 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1871585870 after the 2.6
I am waiting for a better converter to edit the models. If it is released, then i begin to rework some of the ships.
Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 25. Sep 19, 02:22
Heya sco,
Im back from a bit of slumber with 2.6 and upcoming 3.0.
Do you plan to update this mod after 2.6? Im trying to start the long ago promised comp. patch so thinking if I would include your files into VRO's base mod to have a built-in compatibility, or is this not the best idea?
Hey Shuulo,
yeah, i will work at my mod again with 3.0 beta because of the additional sectors. Dunno whats the best way, but it could work, if you create a addon mod with the ship macros of my mod only and set our mods as requirement. So if i update my mod, then you have to add only the new ship macro. :gruebel:

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sat, 28. Sep 19, 19:08

where are the new sectors?
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Sat, 28. Sep 19, 19:42

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sat, 28. Sep 19, 19:08
where are the new sectors?
You will find one gate at silent witness 1 and sec gate at Bright Promise but be warned and be ready :twisted:

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sat, 28. Sep 19, 21:30

can I ask what's the story?

like ORA and terra are friends but ORA is enemy to all the rest? and terracorp is friends with all?

and stupid NPC traders are traveling throu :D getting pawned
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Sat, 28. Sep 19, 22:43

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sat, 28. Sep 19, 21:30
can I ask what's the story?

like ORA and terra are friends but ORA is enemy to all the rest? and terracorp is friends with all?

and stupid NPC traders are traveling throu :D getting pawned
the story is that you got one more faction to bash and some new ships to build if you don't wanna mess with other faction it is like role play but it is up to you your game your rules your story

for me xenon and ORA are good for now to to bash and keeping other faction alone until the split then we will see :)

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Tue, 1. Oct 19, 18:56

balance needs a serious look here. I built a paranid poseidon mk1 with 3 XL PAR engines and the thing can run up to 350m/s....

An XL ship that is faster than an S ship is absurd

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Tue, 1. Oct 19, 20:15

Warnoise wrote:
Tue, 1. Oct 19, 18:56
balance needs a serious look here. I built a paranid poseidon mk1 with 3 XL PAR engines and the thing can run up to 350m/s....

don't worry after 3.0 + new modding tools end of the year moders will take time and balance theirs mods all we can do as be patient and wait until next year for 3.0

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 00:40

:lol: even the mk1 xenon R gets pawned easily by S fighters OOS

are there mk1 and mk3 versions of Xenon R?

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 08:47

Warnoise wrote:

Yeah, this is a problem i can't resolve at the moment.
But every ship in this mod should have the resized antimatter engine, which has balanced speed values. The antimatter engine is used of the AI ships also.
Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 2. Oct 19, 00:40

This is a X4 OOS bug and all Xenon ships got this problem at the moment. If you activate mk3 flagship mod, then Xenon R mk3 should be build.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 09:51

sco1981 wrote:
Wed, 2. Oct 19, 08:47
Warnoise wrote:

Yeah, this is a problem i can't resolve at the moment.
But every ship in this mod should have the resized antimatter engine, which has balanced speed values. The antimatter engine is used of the AI ships also.
Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 2. Oct 19, 00:40

This is a X4 OOS bug and all Xenon ships got this problem at the moment. If you activate mk3 flagship mod, then Xenon R mk3 should be build.
Oh i see! I will change to antimatter then since its currently so fast most of the ships can't catch up to it.

About the AI, I noticed that each faction built 1 MK1 battlership as protection. Are they limited to build only 1? or will they use them in invasions?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”