... TRANSFERRING mass crew??? Wait it's here already!?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

skyneedler9
x4

... TRANSFERRING mass crew??? Wait it's here already!?

Post by skyneedler9 » Thu, 4. Jul 19, 10:06

If anybody is curious or has yet to discover this... ... like I did \o/

Resupply Ships are your best friend for boarding ops! WHYYYYY?

BECAUSE OF ONE THING! Mass Crew Transfers!

Yes, if anybody missed that memo... you can mass crew transfer now without the tedious work of hand selecting! Just dock with the resupply ship, go to resupply and repair, un-assign crew and hit that little red "Fire unassigned crew." and they will be boarded on your resupply ship instead of mysteriously gone!

Yes, I know some will already know this, but not everyone got it right away (IE slow brained me) sooo this is just a heads up for anyone who is still sitting on that tedious crew transfer.

I know I would prefer other method features for crew transfer, but right now... it's a pretty sneaky feature I didn't realize existed until I tested it. (Thumbs up) to Egosoft x3. Clever, really clever!

(QUICK NOTE) for L and XL ships you gotta use the map I believe. Select them, right click on the resupply ship and hit Resupply/Repair command to get them to show up... cuz there's no docking option for them... So that's how you get by that part XD... I tested with Albatross and it did transfer the crew... just keep your eyes on the crew limit of your resupply ship... it doesn't overcrowd the ship, any excess does get fired and vanish.

Now if this was unintentional it's a great unintentional feature just SAYING! ... (Me being an arse) now if only all ships with docking ports, had a Repair and crew feature like the carrier and resupply ship...... MY GAWD that would be fantastic! Beyond fantastic! XDDD

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: ... TRANSFERRING mass crew??? Wait it's here already!?

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 4. Jul 19, 11:50

Too bad moving crew is kind of pointless seeing how player owned maintenance docks, warfs and shipyards generate infinite free crew. One can board any boardable ship by spamming wave after wave of free disposable marines at it until the defending crew is smothered under the remains of former waves.

Might have some value for service crew. Construction ships are a fantastic way to train up high rank service crew in large volumes. These could be transferred onto other ships to improve their crew rank.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Thu, 4. Jul 19, 12:29

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 4. Jul 19, 11:50
One can board any boardable ship by spamming wave after wave of free disposable marines at it until the defending crew is smothered under the remains of former waves.
True. Kind of tedious though. Having one or two skilled teams always at the ready would be much preferable to that.

skyneedler9
x4

Post by skyneedler9 » Thu, 4. Jul 19, 14:55

Yeah, anything that removes (Extreme Tedious Tasks) is a winner in my book x3. I can handle tedious, but not to a degree like this. I know you can do all your ops with just recruit marines and not give a crap... especially when you're rocking millions of credits, but it's nice to stumble upon new mechanics like this... especially when it opens up a new window of opportunity and saves hours of tedious labor for game time enjoyment. \o/

Plus it makes large scale 100+ marine Ops a doable thing without spending 15-30 minutes moving everyone back... Or essentially you know, migrating your large ops from one large crew capacity ship to another... basically board-hopping XD

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Thu, 4. Jul 19, 15:04

We are on it.
01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Thu, 4. Jul 19, 15:14

linolafett wrote:
Thu, 4. Jul 19, 15:04
We are on it.
I've seen the light!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 4. Jul 19, 22:29

radcapricorn wrote:
Thu, 4. Jul 19, 12:29
True. Kind of tedious though. Having one or two skilled teams always at the ready would be much preferable to that.
I agree but the only way to level decent marines is by boarding difficult operations which pose considerable risk to the marine's life. This self-destructive cycle means that getting high skilled marines is as good as impossible.

If only the player could train them like in X3...

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 5. Jul 19, 00:33

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 4. Jul 19, 22:29
If that was a thing, I'd settle for "ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-marine transferred"!

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 5. Jul 19, 18:41

Imperial Good wrote:
radcapricorn wrote:
I agree but the only way to level decent marines is by boarding difficult operations which pose considerable risk to the marine's life. This self-destructive cycle means that getting high skilled marines is as good as impossible.

Not just Train them but build Marine Barracks like in X3.

If Boarding Operations in X4 extended to Station Capture and building a Barracks Module served to increase the base defense? Then that would be awesome!
Factions (Especially Pirates) raid stations, send their men guns blazing, capture a Station transfer ownership and turn it into a Pirate Base.

That would really incentivize Factions to build Marine Barracks and invest in Marines to protect their assets.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 21:40

linolafett wrote:
Thu, 4. Jul 19, 15:04
We are on it.
Oh God, thank you! I love the rest of the boarding process (minus some bugs with remote ships following the order) but getting the marines back was the worst. I steal SCA ships whenever I can even though I can build Behemoths 4 at a time now just because I like doing it.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 9. Jun 20, 16:19

Imperial Good wrote:
radcapricorn wrote:

Not exactly true....

You can find tons of FREE, Veteran marines, on your own defense stations. If you have a defense station, dock your ship(we all know it's a cobra) and just walk around and talk to the people. It will spawn marines, usually in the 1.5 to 2.5 star range, which since they are on your station, they are free to employ, and you can just send them to work somewhere else{like the cobra). Just 30 minutes ago, I spent 20 minutes or so on my defense station loading up my new cobra with a batch of 25 veteran marines. Go to your station dock, there should be 5 or so marines running around. Use the transport to go to another dock(I usually have 2 luxury docks on my defense stations because those are my relaxation areas(no ships to worry about that need my permission to leave)), and when you get to the other dock there should be another 3-5 marines running around. Go back to the other dock and you should find another 3-5 marines... takes about 20 minutes, and you can fill a cobra with veterans.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 9. Jun 20, 16:21

There is a good reason that we ask people not to dredge up old threads. Note, grapedog, that you are replying to a post that's a year or so old, and many versions out of date. I know you weren't the one who dredged the thread up, but I'm going to lock this one and split out the new questions so there is no further confusion. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”