V2.20 Beta 3 - Certain Xenon Stations are still Indestructable

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

spankahontis
xr

V2.20 Beta 3 - Certain Xenon Stations are still Indestructable

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 13. Mar 19, 18:16

Bug: In Hatikvah's Choice I (Savefile provided) There are Xenon Stations that wont be fully destroyed.
2 at the moment while there was another 2 I was able to fully destroy+Remove their Plot.

Not sure why this is doing this? Seems the Station has to be 100% Built before you can send your Fleets to destroy them, otherwise they are just 'defenceless eyesores' in space.
Like I said, I managed to destroy a Couple of Xenon Defense Platforms while others that weren't fully built can only be semi-destroyed or not at all.
Fleets wont even recognise them as a target.
I have Hatikvah's Faith on full lockdown so no Xenon Energy/Mineral Dispenser can reach these stations which kind of defeats the point?

Not heard from any Devs on the matter concerning this which has been around since 1.0.
----------
SAVEFILE
----------
http://www.mediafire.com/file/a58hbm27r ... e.zip/file
My most annoying Bugs list 2.60 Beta 3
--------------------------------
Xenon & Kha'ak Stations wont die FIXED! :D
War Factions are not fighting each other FIXED?
Right Comscreen Freezes and breaks :o
Xenon Nerfed :cry:

VincentTH
x4

Re: V2.20 Beta 3 - Certain Xenon Stations are still Indestructable

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 13. Mar 19, 18:44

spankahontis wrote:
Wed, 13. Mar 19, 18:16
Bug: In Hatikvah's Choice I (Savefile provided) There are Xenon Stations that wont be fully destroyed.
2 at the moment while there was another 2 I was able to fully destroy+Remove their Plot.

Not sure why this is doing this? Seems the Station has to be 100% Built before you can send your Fleets to destroy them, otherwise they are just 'defenceless eyesores' in space.
Like I said, I managed to destroy a Couple of Xenon Defense Platforms while others that weren't fully built can only be semi-destroyed or not at all.
Fleets wont even recognise them as a target.
I have Hatikvah's Faith on full lockdown so no Xenon Energy/Mineral Dispenser can reach these stations which kind of defeats the point?

Not heard from any Devs on the matter concerning this which has been around since 1.0.
----------
SAVEFILE
----------
http://www.mediafire.com/file/a58hbm27r ... e.zip/file
Yeah, I have the same problem. you have to let the Xenon build their station to full before you can --completely-- destroy it. If the Xenon even have a barebone station (i.e. just the build module), transfer of ownership would not happen!!!!

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Wed, 13. Mar 19, 19:34

dont forget the Indestructable Khaak Instalations and the 'Roids in Tharkas too

spankahontis
xr

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 16:53

SPiDER wrote:
Wed, 13. Mar 19, 19:34
dont forget the Indestructable Khaak Instalations and the 'Roids in Tharkas too
I've never took on the Kha'ak yet, but good to know that they're botched too.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 17:00

The Kha'ak Installations are a separate thing - they are intentionally invincible. The defense stations aren't really invincible the game just doesn't properly kill stations that lose modules if they still have constructing modules.

spankahontis
xr

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 17:06

Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 14. Mar 19, 17:00
The Kha'ak Installations are a separate thing - they are intentionally invincible. The defense stations aren't really invincible the game just doesn't properly kill stations that lose modules if they still have constructing modules.
Sounds like the Kha'ak weren't finished, no point adding them if they can't be removed?

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 17:12

The Kha'ak are the eternal enemy. You can literally burn everything else to the ground, every other faction dead and gone. The infinite spawning Kha'ak is all that's left for you to fight in the end.

blin25

Post by blin25 » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 18:11

Protective platforms. Hack destroyed. Only the main station is indestructible. Although she suffered some damage from the EMP bomb, the value changed from 100% to 99%. After studying the leaks, she returned to 100%.

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 20:41

Makes three systems unusable because of the infinate spawn from the instaltions...damn miners always seem to pick mining close to the instalations...after the NE and SE one were indestructable I didnt even bother trying to claim SILENT WITNESS trio as my own sectors kind of makes it pointless.

spankahontis
xr

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 22:28

Which looks more and more like Egosoft didn't implement any means for the Kha'ak to gather resources and build their own installations like the Xenon.
Which is probably why you can't destroy the Kha'ak Installations, once you've destroyed them then they are all gone. Kha'ak Hive Guards and Queen Guards just spawn, with no resource gatherers or shipyards?

Just seems pointless having the Kha'ak in the game until Egosoft give them their own economy similar to the Xenon.

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 22:43

I was kind of hoping there might have been a use for the very rare kyon crystal they drop sometimes..maybe craft a Khaak beam weapon....but no just another inv ware.and a word of warning if you do go after a khaak base it really is an infinate spawn till you stop and fly away......

spankahontis
xr

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 15. Mar 19, 18:48

SPiDER wrote:
Thu, 14. Mar 19, 22:43
I was kind of hoping there might have been a use for the very rare kyon crystal they drop sometimes..maybe craft a Khaak beam weapon....but no just another inv ware.and a word of warning if you do go after a khaak base it really is an infinate spawn till you stop and fly away......
In Rebirth you could craft Kyon Crystals along with other items into a Kyon Torpedo which had more destructive power than a regular Torpedo you bought from arms dealers.

Maybe this wasn't finished either? But i'd love to see a Kha'ak/Argon Hybrid beam weapon; but that's for another discussion.

ei8htx
x4

Post by ei8htx » Tue, 19. Mar 19, 07:50

Followed your sig here.

Having the indestructible Xenon stations across a couple sectors too. Can't claim em, quite frustrating!

Hopefully devs will address soon.

_JD_
x4

Post by _JD_ » Tue, 19. Mar 19, 08:53

Same problem here.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”