[MOD] Simple Carrier Repair v1.01

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Matterom
x4

[MOD] Simple Carrier Repair v1.01

Post by Matterom » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 03:54

Well i said i was going to do this a Long time ago but things kept piling up, That and getting this to work was... a pain
Anyway here is a mod that lets fighters and m ships be repaired by carriers and stations.

NOTE: Redundant as of resupply ship patch

Features:
  • Any ship docked at a station or ship they are allied with will be repaired slowly
  • Current Rate is about 1% every 10s
  • Max ships repaired is based on crew count, 40 crew can repair 1 ship, and for every 10 after this they will repair 1 more ship. Eg 100 crew can repair 6 ships at once. (Marines shoudn't count)
  • Stations will repair 5 ships, plus 1 per 10 workers above optimal (untested, should work)
  • Fighter / M ship repairs take place AFTER repairs on the host ship or station are taken care of
  • Crews do gain exp for this
  • Max Hull Repair Skill Ceiling is about...2~3 stars lower than normal. Evaluating amount later, but for now here have a mod.
Note: It may take up to 3minutes to detect if a ship has been docked for repairs to kick in.

Let me know if you find anything... Quirky.

Please do not re upload elsewhere without my permission.

Download
Last edited by Matterom on Sun, 6. Sep 20, 18:06, edited 3 times in total.
My Mods:
Sector Administration: A Tax Mod

Kalantris

Re: [MOD] Simple Carrier Repair v1

Post by Kalantris » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 09:14

This is great! Thanks a lot, I'll test it this evening. Been waiting for this a long, long time :).

tylitalo
x4

Post by tylitalo » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 10:02

Very interesting. Out of curiosity, will this work on ships with smaller crews or less crew available (a destroyer, for instance)?

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 11:27

tylitalo wrote:
Fri, 28. Dec 18, 10:02
Very interesting. Out of curiosity, will this work on ships with smaller crews or less crew available (a destroyer, for instance)?
It carries ships doesn't it?
My Mods:

Lakz

Post by Lakz » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 18:49

Awesome, thanks for this! Will be testing it. One step closer to make carriers/fleets usable :roll:

Baldamundo
x4

Post by Baldamundo » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 20:32

love you xx

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Sat, 29. Dec 18, 00:42

Alright so there is a quirk i'm trying to track down... After some time the game decides this script doens't work on certain ships and i'm trying to figure out why.
My Mods:

redshift690
x4

Post by redshift690 » Sat, 29. Dec 18, 00:55

This is a brilliant idea, Thanks for your time and work put into this. :)

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Sat, 29. Dec 18, 22:49

Makes perfect sense that stations allied with you help repair your ships, even slowly so this one will be on my game later, after its been tested more. :wink:

cole2839
x4

Post by cole2839 » Sat, 29. Dec 18, 23:35

Do repairs cost credits with your mod? If not I think they probably should. Maybe you can make it optional somehow for people who use the mod.

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 05:27

Updated:
Fixed a fringe case that caused errors

cole2839 wrote:
Sat, 29. Dec 18, 23:35
Do repairs cost credits with your mod? If not I think they probably should. Maybe you can make it optional somehow for people who use the mod.
I'm working that into a future mod. This is just something small i threw together because people were asking for it.
My Mods:

leecarter
x3tc

Post by leecarter » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 05:35

cole2839 wrote:
By the time the player can afford big carrier ships I think the amount that would be reasonable to charge for repairs would be irrelevant. I've got trade stations cranking out tens of millions of credits an hour, I wouldn't even notice a few hundred grand or even a few million in ship repairs. What would be more interesting and better for game play is if the ship or station were required to have some kind of ware on board like hull parts which get used up doing repairs. Would be more realistic as a small vessel could only do a very limited number of repairs, while a station would have enough storage (and by extension the manpower) to repair capital ships.

At any rate, cool mod, thanks for making it.

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 07:34

leecarter wrote:
Mon, 31. Dec 18, 05:35
cole2839 wrote:
By the time the player can afford big carrier ships I think the amount that would be reasonable to charge for repairs would be irrelevant. I've got trade stations cranking out tens of millions of credits an hour, I wouldn't even notice a few hundred grand or even a few million in ship repairs. What would be more interesting and better for game play is if the ship or station were required to have some kind of ware on board like hull parts which get used up doing repairs. Would be more realistic as a small vessel could only do a very limited number of repairs, while a station would have enough storage (and by extension the manpower) to repair capital ships.

At any rate, cool mod, thanks for making it.
I was thinking more like a Software or Research bonus. or a flat Minimum crew Exp. instead of the low ceiling i have it set for, just give it a basic skill floor. Possibly a combination of the latter 2.
My Mods:

SpaceLevi
x4

Re: [MOD] Simple Carrier Repair v1.01

Post by SpaceLevi » Thu, 3. Jan 19, 00:12

Will the station repair docked capital ships?

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Thu, 3. Jan 19, 00:19

SpaceLevi wrote:
Thu, 3. Jan 19, 00:12
Will the station repair docked capital ships?
In theory, i've not excluded it.
My Mods:

Brahemino
x4

Post by Brahemino » Tue, 8. Jan 19, 12:01

This mod was really needed....
Now we just need someone who will make a mod to retire in the the hangar docked fighters to avoid enemy fire while docked.
www.calciopeglio.netsons.org
Un paese e la sua realtà calcisitca.

Min
x4

Post by Min » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 03:41

Hi is this mod still working on latest version?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”