[WIP/MOD] Supply And Trade Routes (including build supply and mining)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kryptos901
x4

Re: [WIP] Default Order: Trade Route

Post by Kryptos901 » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 07:59

Shiny.

I'm just gonna add the following words here to make it easier for X3 players to find, as it took me an embarrassing amount of time.

CLS software Commodity Logistics

Thank you very much for making this.

alexringess
x4

Post by alexringess » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 14:03

I don't know why this feature wasn't implemented on the game by Egosoft.
It missed !
Gonna try it and giving you my feedback.
Thanks !

alexringess
x4

Post by alexringess » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 15:44

So, I tried you alpha mod.
For the UI, I have to say that it remember well what we'd got in X3. I like it !
But, the trader ship I assigned to do its job never gone to do its job. It just stay stucked at his place and never executed the orders.
I can't say why.
I followed the instruction.
I used a Mercury that I bought just for the test and it was never worked.

Anyway, I can't wait to see it working because I'll be able to see it at work and I'll be able to sending you a proper feedback. At this time, I can't ^^

Let's see the next version ;)

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 18:46

alexringess wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 15:44
For the UI, I have to say that it remember well what we'd got in X3. I like it !
But, the trader ship I assigned to do its job never gone to do its job. It just stay stucked at his place and never executed the orders.
I can't say why.

Anyway, I can't wait to see it working because I'll be able to see it at work and I'll be able to sending you a proper feedback. At this time, I can't ^^

Thanks for trying. I'll double check my uploaded files and see if they still work for me.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 21:23

TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 18:46
alexringess wrote:
I can't say why.

Thanks for trying. I'll double check my uploaded files and see if they still work for me.
I just tested it, and for me it works. When testing I usually buy a couple of freighters and do not touch them before changing their default behaviour to SnTR Trade. After clicking confirm they undock and move around for a while. Target them and you should read something like "Command: Free Trading - Searching for trades" in the target info display. If there is an acceptable deal it should not take more than a couple of minutes before they head off to execute the trade.

For one freighter I tried something different. I ordered it to Fly to somewhere nearby and waited until it reached that position. Only then I did set up the trade route. In this case the freighter stayed in its waiting mode and never started the trade route. I had to manually cancel his wait order from the behaviour menu. Did you order your Mercury out of the wharf?

alexringess
x4

Post by alexringess » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 11:23

So, after a night (some says that the night is a good advisor) I think I forgot to mention some context related points.
On the vendor, I select a station I buit on Memorial of Antigone and ask the ship to pick the engine device I crafted and ask the ship to sell them to all the local stations that are supposed to needed it.

So maybe the ship was stuck only because the local market was full of engine devices ?

I'll do another test on another sector to check that.

alexringess
x4

Post by alexringess » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 11:25

TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 21:23
TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 18:46
alexringess wrote:
I can't say why.

I just tested it, and for me it works. When testing I usually buy a couple of freighters and do not touch them before changing their default behaviour to SnTR Trade. After clicking confirm they undock and move around for a while. Target them and you should read something like "Command: Free Trading - Searching for trades" in the target info display. If there is an acceptable deal it should not take more than a couple of minutes before they head off to execute the trade.

For one freighter I tried something different. I ordered it to Fly to somewhere nearby and waited until it reached that position. Only then I did set up the trade route. In this case the freighter stayed in its waiting mode and never started the trade route. I had to manually cancel his wait order from the behaviour menu. Did you order your Mercury out of the wharf?
Yes.
I waited the end of the undock procedure to be completed before sending my orders.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 18:54

alexringess wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 11:23
On the vendor, I select a station I buit on Memorial of Antigone and ask the ship to pick the engine device I crafted and ask the ship to sell them to all the local stations that are supposed to needed it.
Ok, try this:
  • set max buy price as high as possible (it is your station, you will not lose money)
  • set max amount as high as possible
  • set min amount to 1
  • make sure Enable Vendors is set to 1
  • check again that Vendor 1 is set to your station and Ware is Engine Parts
It may take a couple of minutes, but if your station sells Engine Parts, the freighter should go and buy them.

If that does not work, I suspect your freighter is stuck on the previous command:
alexringess wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 11:25
TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 21:23
Yes.
I waited the end of the undock procedure to be completed before sending my orders.
Go to the Behaviours menu and cancel all orders in the Order Queue by clicking on the (X) button.

alexringess
x4

Post by alexringess » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 20:22

Many thanks.
Gonna try this :)

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Re: [WIP] Default Order: Trade Route and Build Supply

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 02:49

I added a default order for supplying station buildstorages. For details see the first post of this thread.

Some screenshots

I tested it by building three small solar power plants in parallel. My freighters served all stations equally well.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] Supply And Trade Routes (including build supply and mining)

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 18:19

I've added an default order script for automated mining. See first post for details.

Guest242
x4

Post by Guest242 » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 19:46

Great mod!
I try to push a shipyard with engine parts because the NPC trader are too slow to supply...
Customer 1 = Of course it's this shipyard.
I would like to set the vendor to "anyone" who fulfil the conditions (max price buy, min price sell, amount and so on...). It would make the configuration easier instead of search the galaxy for specific factory. And maybe for the reverse case customer = anyone. It is possibile?

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 00:26

Guest242 wrote:
Sat, 22. Dec 18, 19:46
Great mod!
I try to push a shipyard with engine parts because the NPC trader are too slow to supply...
Customer 1 = Of course it's this shipyard.
I would like to set the vendor to "anyone" who fulfil the conditions (max price buy, min price sell, amount and so on...). It would make the configuration easier instead of search the galaxy for specific factory. And maybe for the reverse case customer = anyone. It is possibile?
Well, an "anyone" setting does not fit my personal playstyle, so it's highly unlikely I would add that. However, a feature I am thinking about is an auto-generate function for the vendor/customer lists.

Drake
x4

Post by Drake » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 10:45

First off thank you for both working on and sharing this mod!

Question I have is if I want to remove this later, is that a realistic thing? I respect the disclaimer about using it at your own risk, I am curious to simply know if clearing say a trader of orders and uninstalling later on is a possibility. I ask because we never know what Egosoft may do in the future and for the time being I simply want to use this mod to automate Engine Part runs to a couple Wharfs that are stuck. Thank you for your time and happy holidays.

Bravari
x4

Post by Bravari » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 12:39

Does this work with TaterTrader?

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 13:08

2 different things tatertrade and this, cant work "together", you can only pick one default behavior
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 14:48

Drake wrote:
Tue, 25. Dec 18, 10:45

Question I have is if I want to remove this later, is that a realistic thing? I respect the disclaimer about using it at your own risk, I am curious to simply know if clearing say a trader of orders and uninstalling later on is a possibility. I ask because we never know what Egosoft may do in the future and for the time being I simply want to use this mod to automate Engine Part runs to a couple Wharfs that are stuck. Thank you for your time and happy holidays.
I'd need to test this for myself, before giving you a definite answer.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 14:55

Bravari wrote:
Tue, 25. Dec 18, 12:39
Does this work with TaterTrader?
I don't think there will be conflicts if you have both MODs installed. Of course, you can only have one of them active on the same ship at any given time.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 15:06

there is no conflict, have both installed
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 16:04

TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Tue, 25. Dec 18, 14:48
Drake wrote:
Tue, 25. Dec 18, 10:45

I'd need to test this for myself, before giving you a definite answer.
Alright, I just tried to simply remove my mod folder from from extensions and loaded a save. All freighters/miners finished their current order and then switched gracefully to default behaviour "Hold Position". Looking at the behaviours menu before they finished their current order showed no default behaviour, but it was still possible to set a new one. So yes, I think it is realistic that you will be able to remove this mod later.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”