Finding n̶e̶m̶o̶ fusion rectors (spoilered questions )

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NewtSoup
x4

Finding n̶e̶m̶o̶ fusion rectors (spoilered questions )

Post by NewtSoup » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 04:18

I want to buy fusion reactors for the URV Forge ( not wharf yet ).

I need 116 of them. Now I know I can get them from
Spoiler
Show
Albion » Ascendancy » Buried Treasure » Ship Tech Fab #2 (Fusion Core Fac module)
Albion » Ascendancy » Forge-Welded Mail » Ship Tech Fab #3 (Fusion Core Fac module)
Albion » Ascendancy » Shady Vault » URV Parts Supply #4 (Fusion Core Fac module)
Omicron Lyrae » Commerce Core » The Fallen Kingdom » URV Integration #4 (Fusion Core Fac module)
Omicron Lyrae » Devoid Clime » Keen Chant » TechnoCore Hi-E #4 (Fusion Core Fac module)
Omicron Lyrae » Eclipse Clouds » Pearly Shore » TechnoCore Hi-E #4 (Fusion Core Fac module)
but they don't appear in my trade list even though I have a "send trade updates" on every station.

So my question as a spoiler is:
Spoiler
Show
Do I need to have scanned / visited every station node for all the trades a particular station to appear in the trade menu?
I am a rock in the wind, watch how I plummet!
Gamer Girl since 1981 Mistress of Heavy Landings since 1984 (BBC-B Elite)

Corei7 7700, 16GB Ram, MSI RX6700XT, Sidewinder FFB2, Kubuntu 22.04

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Finding n̶e̶m̶o̶ fusion rectors (spoilered questions )

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 13:13

No.

atavistuk
x4

Post by atavistuk » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 13:17

They just might not have any in stock. They sell out very quickly!

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 16:12

radcapricorn wrote:
Sat, 20. Oct 18, 13:13
No.
Thank Nathan R Gunn for that!. I was not looking forward to doing what would have been necessary.
atavistuk wrote:
Sat, 20. Oct 18, 13:17
They just might not have any in stock. They sell out very quickly!

I think it's time for me to build a station that can make them.

atavistuk
x4

Post by atavistuk » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 21:07

That's always a good idea!

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 08:54

What worked for me: scan the fusion reactor production module of the station to be able to see its production cycle timer; then just after a cycle completes, keep opening the trade offers through that specific station's menu until the fusion reactors showed up for sale. Though even then, they were often half sold before showing up on the menu.

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 17:15

SirNukes wrote:
Sun, 21. Oct 18, 08:54
What worked for me: scan the fusion reactor production module of the station to be able to see its production cycle timer; then just after a cycle completes, keep opening the trade offers through that specific station's menu until the fusion reactors showed up for sale. Though even then, they were often half sold before showing up on the menu.
That's really interesting. I can't work out which is the module that produces the fusion reactors though. And when I'm in sector I'm under heavy fire from Plutarch almost constantly ( they don't go for my trade ships when I'm OOS though ).

When I started the dialog for the URV forge I told the Architect I would handle the shopping myself. I have now elected to give the Architect some credits in the hope that his offers to the market will attract the NPC traders to him. It means I will pay over the odds for the reactors but that's ok.

I'm doing this because it turned out I don't have access to a shipyard that will sell me a CV capable of building a Ship Tech Fab. Also the Ship Tech fab needs over 300 fusion reactors to be built so I'd be in the same situation but needing MORE.

atavistuk
x4

Post by atavistuk » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 22:32

You SHOULD have access to the Heart of Albion Capital Shipyard in Far Out/ Gemstone Manufacture (I think) XL Ship Dealer will sell you one.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 05:44

NewtSoup wrote:
Sat, 20. Oct 18, 04:18

I need 116 of them. Now I know I can get them from ...
plus:
Spoiler
Show
a number of shiptech fabs in HoL.
The more different stations you have a trade agent installed, the more often they show up in the normal trade menu.

cu
Rainer

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 16:25

Giving the Architect some credits really helped. Left the game running overnight while I went out to my friends.
Just need 6 more reactors. Gave the Arch a few more credits and then when that's done and I've got the wharf built in De-Vries I shall look at building a ship tech fab in Far Out. I shall do the bulk of the shopping manually and then give credits for the fusion reactors again. After that, as far as I can work out, the ship tech fab should become a money printing machine. I will assign a few freighters to it to trade at best prices ( if that's possible like it was in X3) That can be another thread when I get to it though. Keep this one about fusion reactors.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 23. Oct 18, 05:14

NewtSoup wrote:
Mon, 22. Oct 18, 16:25
Giving the Architect some credits really helped. Left the game running overnight while I went out to my friends.
Just need 6 more reactors. Gave the Arch a few more credits and then when that's done and I've got the wharf built in De-Vries I shall look at building a ship tech fab in Far Out. I shall do the bulk of the shopping manually and then give credits for the fusion reactors again. After that, as far as I can work out, the ship tech fab should become a money printing machine. I will assign a few freighters to it to trade at best prices ( if that's possible like it was in X3) That can be another thread when I get to it though. Keep this one about fusion reactors.
Hi,

all factory-owned freighters are exclusively managed by the manager. You can't assign dedicated roles. You can only adjust prices, but that is normally not necessary. And they only trade within a system.

Everything you need to buy or sell in another system has to be done by freelance freighters manually.

cu
Rainer

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Tue, 23. Oct 18, 16:43

RainerPrem wrote:
Tue, 23. Oct 18, 05:14
NewtSoup wrote:
Mon, 22. Oct 18, 16:25
Hi,

all factory-owned freighters are exclusively managed by the manager. You can't assign dedicated roles. You can only adjust prices, but that is normally not necessary. And they only trade within a system.

Everything you need to buy or sell in another system has to be done by freelance freighters manually.

cu
Rainer
Thanks Rainer, that's good to know. I kind of miss the micromanagement of the previous X games. But that's ok. Hopefully it will be back in X4.

In the mean time I'm having trouble with those fusion rectors again. I need another 11. And then more to build the wharf I bet.

I am trying add credits to the architect but she won't take them.
I com the architect, select here are some credits, use the slider, click ok. But the architect's account stays at the same value no matter how many times I try.

Video to show what I mean

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 24. Oct 18, 05:39

NewtSoup wrote:
Tue, 23. Oct 18, 16:43

Thanks Rainer, that's good to know. I kind of miss the micromanagement of the previous X games. But that's ok. Hopefully it will be back in X4.

In the mean time I'm having trouble with those fusion rectors again. I need another 11. And then more to build the wharf I bet.

I com the architect, select here are some credits, use the slider, click ok. But the architect's account stays at the same value no matter how many times I try.

Hi,

I never saw that kind of behavior. I play vanilla, so my first suspicion is always a mod.

If you still can't access PMG factories your options are limited. AFAIK there is only one other station producing FRs in the basic universe. HoL however is something completely different...

If one wants to go the way of economic supremacy, you anyway need factories for station parts yourself.

cu
Rainer

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Wed, 24. Oct 18, 06:34

I have all the DLC.

I do use a few mods but they are fixes for scaldis engines ship cargo and the only mod that MIGHT interfere is Yet Another Trader. However I was able to add credits to the architect initially. I have since found another way to add credits but I am not sure they are actually going to be used, rather than going through the coms menu for the CV I went via details and then crew and then to the architect which shows me current budget an minimum budget

on changing it that way did get a debit notification of the correct amount.

building other stations is a yes - my next station will be a ship tech fab
but I'm worried I might run into the same bug of not being able to add creds to the architect.

bitvoid
x4

Post by bitvoid » Wed, 24. Oct 18, 06:38

NewtSoup wrote:

The architect probably does take the money. It's just that the money transfer dialog always resets the slider to the recommended amount when you open it. To see the actual balance of your architects account you need to go to the details screen of your architect (the button to the right of "Comm").

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Wed, 24. Oct 18, 15:39

bitvoid wrote:
Wed, 24. Oct 18, 06:38
The architect probably does take the money. It's just that the money transfer dialog always resets the slider to the recommended amount when you open it. To see the actual balance of your architects account you need to go to the details screen of your architect (the button to the right of "Comm").
If I go [enter] 2 2 - then hit the COM button and choose call architect I get the behaviour shown in the video and I get no adjustment to my balance.

If I go [enter] 2 2 and then choose DETAILS and go to the Architect that way I can view current budget and select CHANGE then I do get an adjustment to my balance.

So the architect now has a current budget of about 2.5 million credits and the game has been running overnight but still those final 11 fusion reactors have not arrived.

It could be because the factory that makes them is not working. I should go and check I suppose.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 24. Oct 18, 17:31

NewtSoup wrote:

Your transfer worked.
The slider will always show the recommended balance between the total sum of whatever you transfer (be it wares or credits). The number on the right of the slider will show you the npc's account resulting of the transfer. Not his actual account.
So the transfer window will always show you the exact recommended budget the architect need, and the length of the slider will correspond to your budget + his budget. But it is completely oblivious to his actual credit account.
If you look properly, as you move the slider to the right, the amount of the transfer is reduced. The architect is saying "I have too much credits for what I need", so it offers to give you back the extra money.

Load up the architect's profile to see his actual credit balance. You will have your info there.

Sorry if this is not the clearest explanation, it was done in a rush as I don't have much time right now.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Wed, 24. Oct 18, 18:21

well, at the moment I am going to explore home of light so I can find extra fabs. The ones in Albion seem to have completely dried up. I've not seen any fusion reactors for a while and there are a LOT of dead ships around becuase of the Plutarch War.

I'm thinking the economy in this particular game may have gone a bit broken.

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Sat, 27. Oct 18, 02:24

Huff..

Done the main circuit of HOL. go updates from every station.

Left the game running for 2 days.

Still no fusion reactors.. URV forge stuck at 81%

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Sat, 27. Oct 18, 02:36

Well, that was fortuitous. HOL just dropped 54 of them. So I've sent the Rahanas to buy the lot and supply the forge. I guess whining on the forums does work. This is probably not a behaviour Egosoft want to encourage.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”