X4-Information from Gamescom

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

X4-Information from Gamescom

Post by Tamina » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 23:03

Egosoft has revealed a new promotional video about X4 Foundations to the press at Gamescom. So far only German press has been discovered reporting about X4.
For anyone interested in some new visual impressions, the promotional video can be found here:
YouTube | X4 Foundations Promotional Video | Gamestar
Video is in German.

And here is a short translated summary:

> (G)UI:
- Nearly every ship can be flown personally
- Fly directly or command from your map on the bridge
- Seamless
- 3D map system
- Mouse, Gamepad, HOTAS
- Newtonian flight behaviour can be enabled
- Controls can optimally adapt to different ships flight behaviour

> Story:
- Many "procedural adapting" stories (see dynamic universe)
- Happens after the other X games
- No single "main" story
- One of the stories is about getting your HQ
- Lots of lore

> Universe:
- Economy, universe structure and political alliances are completely dynamic
- Includes Argons, Teladi, two rival Paranid empires, Pirate factions and Xenon
- Races are divided into different factions
- DLCs are going to add more more races later (planned within one year after release)
- You can play as pirate
- "X4 is the space simulation with the most possibilities"

> Exploring/Mining:
- Every ship can be equipped and commanded to mine
- Special mining ships available
- Lots of procedural as well as non-procedural locations can be found
- Spacesuit can be used to explore mysterious station- and asteroid-complexes
- Spacesuit can be upgraded like ships to sabotage or spy

> Release/Price:
- Specific date and price will be announced Soon™
- Release still takes a few months²

> Ships:
- 4-5 crew members wander around S ships, more on bigger ships.²

With Best Regards

*2: German Article | Golem
Last edited by Tamina on Thu, 23. Aug 18, 17:32, edited 14 times in total.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Eggy_SE1
x4

Post by Eggy_SE1 » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 23:07

> Release/Price:
- TBA Soon™

oh please your killing me, I want to know when i can jump in and experience the next step!!!!!

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 00:04

Now, that's a game done right, I can already tell.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 00:18

Thanks very much for the translation, Tamina! Everything sounds great.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 00:19

No main story, hmm not sure I'm interested then as that's all I want to do in the game.

Also you say fly nearly every ship? I'm sure egosoft was saying you can fly any ship in its feature list.

Wonder why u need a special mining ship for if u can do it from say a m3 with cargo expanded through upgrades then surely that's all u need. The only special ship should just be one that can mine multiple close range asteroids at once and have a massive cargo space and be a huge cap ship. That, or a hauler that has extra cargo space to store while u mine so u don't have to do small runs and can just and mine then take it to hauler sat near u to deposit the stuff then when full hop in hauler to sell or store on a station.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 00:34

Skeeter wrote:No main story, hmm not sure I'm interested then as that's all I want to do in the game.
There is/are main stories, just not limited to a single character. X3TC and X3AP had a similar story setup.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 00:36

Skeeter wrote:No main story, hmm not sure I'm interested then as that's all I want to do in the game.
I wouldn't let that stop you from playing X4. No doubt, there will be plenty of missions if that is how you prefer to play. Missions are stories if you will. Besides, the best story is the one you make up in your head, as you explore the game world! Also, I expect there will be some sort of tutorial missions to help with learning the game. :)

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 00:45

Well I'll see as it develops. And about making stories in Ur head or on Ur own yeah I'm not one of those types lol if I buy a game I expect to have it done for me so I can play it lol. I liked the big docking space in the teladi station at start and cool scanning device or shield on the door thing. I really enjoyed that red destroyer type ship but why oh why is it moving when it's got all that gun coverage. Stay still lol. I'm really not a fan of lens flare and when that red ship blows up oh my that lens flare totally let the effect down. Others may like that I don't is all I'm saying kinda like how JJ overused it in startrek and everyone complained well.. lol.

Hopefully Bernd can apply a English dub on the video one day as I Wana know what he's saying.

Ty to the OP for the news and link and summary. ;)

It's coming along great just a few nagging threads pulling me not to get it, hopefully come release day they have been addressed or reduced.
[ external image ]

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 01:34

Skeeter wrote:Also you say fly nearly every ship? I'm sure egosoft was saying you can fly any ship in its feature list.
That is what he literally said "[...] something a lot of people have missed in X Rebirth. Yes, you can pilot nearly every ship, personally. From small fighters with a two-man crew to big carriers carrying an entire fleet [...]".
I guess he is excluding Xenon ships and/or story related "special" ships. It takes a lot of man power to model the interieur after all.

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 01:41

Man I'm seriously excited. It has everything I personally want and I hope it is as good as I think it will be.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 02:36

Eggy_SE1 wrote:> Release/Price:
- TBA Soon™

oh please your killing me, I want to know when i can jump in and experience the next step!!!!!

Right there with you.

I clicked the thread MOST excited for that particular piece of information.

The release date of the release date has been the single greatest item of anticipation this year for me.

Once I've got that, I have something to look forward to. It's killing me to keep having to check the Steam Page and ES forums and not seeing a fixed date every day

TonyEvans
x4

Re: X4-Information from Gamescom

Post by TonyEvans » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 02:39

Tamina wrote:> Exploring/Mining:
- Every ship can be equipped and commanded to mine
- Special mining ships available
s

To me, this says that they might do away with class storage (Liquid, bulk, cargo, etc) and all/most ships are going to have more universal storages. I really hope so, but I also hope it is still set up to require diverse trading fleets.

Cerulius
x4

Post by Cerulius » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 04:59

Yeah thanks for the translation. Not a lot of new nuggets there, but the visuals are very appreciated. Can't wait to play

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 06:15

Tamina wrote:...- Newtonian flight behaviour can be enabled..
I assume that's only for the player's ship? (AI has notorious issues with true Newtonian and it's usually too much overhead to bother with it for AI ships)
> Release/Price:
- 2018 | TBA Soon™ ..
Uh... "2018 Soon" or "TBA Soon™ like "It will be released just before you get a rebate in the mail for your purchase of "Battlecruiser 3000" in the form of a check personally signed by "He Who Shall Not Be Named" and a coupon for one free Coca-Cola vending machine" Soon™?

Will it be out before "Mount & Blade: Bannerlord?" Asking the important questions, here...

Commander_K
x4

Post by Commander_K » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 08:41

TBA soon. But they also stated recently that X4 is still planned to release in 2018.

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 08:54

Yay, new footage! I'm excited to see that it looks like the placeholder images for the station and ship construction parts have all been completed. I'm assuming that at this point they might be mainly working on game balancing and polishing graphics.

If I had to place a bet, I'd guess that the release date is going to be late November. I think ES might be powering away to try and release in early Nov, but if they don't make it, end of Nov is where it's at.

Whatever happens, I don't think it will be coming out in mid-November. I think any game that wasn't super-AAA ultra-high promotion funded game would be doing anything to avoid release in mid Nov. Why? because of a certain nuclear-themed hype-titan game that will be dominating the attention span of gamers for those few weeks.

But, I'm sure the devs hate release date speculation. Only thing worse than that is release-date of release-date speculation. :)

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 10:08

The video look great!

Just a few additions.

Bernd mentions that the release date and price will be announced soon.

He also mentions that we'll soon receive another update where they'll provide information about the player HQ.

I especially liked the station building demo!
Save game editor XR and CAT/DAT Extractor
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 11:42

Morkonan wrote:
> Release/Price:
- 2018 | TBA Soon™ ..
Uh... "2018 Soon" or "TBA Soon™ like "It will be released just before you get a rebate in the mail for your purchase of "Battlecruiser 3000" in the form of a check personally signed by "He Who Shall Not Be Named" and a coupon for one free Coca-Cola vending machine" Soon™?

Will it be out before "Mount & Blade: Bannerlord?" Asking the important questions, here...
Changed it.
"This year", a specific date is announced soon.

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 14:02

Noticed at the end of the new gamescom vid a asteroid rotating and moving (i think). Did asteroids rotate/roll like that before? I cant remember but nice if they can be manipulated into moving and rolling on a axis.

Maybe we get to play asteroid bombs by sending them into stations now lol

Additionally i found this article from GC gamersglobal.

https://www.gamersglobal.de/news/148544 ... neuerungen
[ external image ]

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 15:54

Skeeter wrote:Did asteroids rotate/roll like that before?
In X2 they did, in X3 they did not, in Rebirth (I think) they did.

X3 also had the tractor beam, so there's precedent for lugging asteroids around... though I forget what actually happened when your towed asteroid rammed something. Did that actually destroy stations?... (did I miss out on a GREAT way to destroy everything in a sector with just a sci-fi trailor hitch?)

Lore-wise, the Terraformers used asteroid redirection against Earth and its colonies in 2142, so, maybe we'd get to have a little revenge. >:3
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Return to “X4: Foundations”