[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 31. May 18, 16:42

Fureimuu wrote:NEW: Combat overhaul. Whats that ?
  • The hull value of a ship now depends on its class.
  • Shields and hulls of all fighters have been reduced.
  • Light guns deal less damage.
  • Bullets speed and range have been increased.
  • Fighters are now restricted to light guns.
  • M3 are restricted to light missiles; M4 and M5 cannot fire missiles at all. (Yakis still can though)
  • All Commonwealth fighters can be equipped with Mass Drivers.
  • Swarmed missiles now launch 3 missiles instead of 8. Damage has been increased accordingly.
  • Tornado is now one dumbfire missile. Period. (Yeah it was my favorite too, but that's because it was overpowered)
  • All missiles (except torpedoes) reach their maximum speed instantly after they're launched. The acceleration factor has been removed.
  • Fighter Drones Mk1 are slower.
Last edited by Joubarbe on Fri, 1. Jun 18, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Thu, 31. May 18, 17:20

Your planned changes sound reasonable. From both, a performance and gameplay standpoint.
I'm hyped that the fighter equipment sanctuary perks will be affected by this. Fighter durability and damage nerf seems viable too. In Mayhem they are easier to replace and it is tempting to spam them. The only major desire that remains for me is to get (limited) earlier access to bigger ships

Have you considered changing all light weapons to anti hull and shift hull/shield ratio of capships a bit more towards shields?

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Thu, 31. May 18, 17:30

Joubarbe wrote:
Fureimuu wrote:NEW: Combat overhaul. Whats that ?
Work in progress:
  • The hull value of a ship now depends on its class.
  • Shields and hulls of all fighters have been reduced.
  • Light guns deal less damage.
  • Bullets speed and range have been increased.
  • Fighters are now restricted to light guns.
  • M3 are restricted to light missiles; M4 and M5 cannot fire missiles at all. (Yakis still can though)
  • All Commonwealth fighters can be equipped with Mass Drivers.
  • Swarmed missiles now launch 3 missiles instead of 8. Damage has been increased accordingly.
  • Tornado is now one dumbfire missile. Period. (Yeah it was my favorite too, but that's because it was overpowered)
  • All missiles (except torpedoes) reach their maximum speed instantly after they're launched. The acceleration factor has been removed.
  • Fighter Drones Mk1 are slower.
Tor-tor-tor-tor-tor-tornado missle self-destructed.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 31. May 18, 17:47

Hector0x wrote:Your planned changes sound reasonable. From both, a performance and gameplay standpoint.
I'm hyped that the fighter equipment sanctuary perks will be affected by this. Fighter durability and damage nerf seems viable too. In Mayhem they are easier to replace and it is tempting to spam them. The only major desire that remains for me is to get (limited) earlier access to bigger ships

Have you considered changing all light weapons to anti hull and shift hull/shield ratio of capships a bit more towards shields?
Could be a good idea. Maybe I'll adjust that later. One step at a time (and that's already many steps at once with that overhaul :) )

Earlier access to bigger ships... Meeehhh, you can have a M7 at Day 2 in Mayhem. Not so much in vanilla and LU.
Still, I had this idea once of giving you a free M7 when reaching the reputation rank 7. I still don't know what to do with that.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Thu, 31. May 18, 18:43

I may have started research a bit late and had to jump fleets of M3s around. It was a bit annoying, which in itself is no real reason.

With access i didn't mean freebie. You should be spending something to get it. Right now you're pretty much forced to use a good amount of fighters in the beginning because research time is too much of a roadblock (again, at least for me)

If you were able buy a research boost there would be more options in early game. Payment could be the loss of a perk slot, or your new ascension system and it could be limited to 1 boost per ship class to give access to bigger ships a bit faster, possibly without breaking the balance too much. Overall i would only appreciate accelerated research in conjunction with a more serious fighter nerf against cap ships. It would be an experimental change of course.

It should also benefit the no jump drive gameplay because fast pure fighter fleets couldn't fight defending capships effectively.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 31. May 18, 18:57

Well... I must say you're wrong sir. There's already a perk that grants you a boost in research. I'm still in day 1 and with 3 research stations boosted, I have M6 and TM blueprints. I think most of you play too cautious :)

Anyway, I won't accelerate research, that's for sure. Otherwise, you'd have one reason less to conquer new sectors.

Starting with a fighter is however more difficult. But remember that the normal gamestarts are "Normal" and "Quickstart". Balance is based on these.

Flying flying over youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Thu, 31. May 18, 19:03

Last time I played for over 3 days, I got my first M6 bail on day 1, it was a heavy osprey in Tokyo Llambda. I was so happy because it could use boarding pods. Then within 6-7 hours I boarded a few pirate weapon traders, and after defeating the first OCV wave with my small corvette fleet (8 ships if Im not mistaken), I went straight for ATF's Aegir in Terran C.
Boarding is in my opinion the best way of getting an early capital ship. By the end of day 2 I already had 2 Aegirs, 1 Skirnir, and was planning my Forseti boarding (which later failed because of HPD).

I also remember my very first mayhem attempt (pretty sure it was 2.2.3 or earlier version), I managed to scan Astreus in Getsu Fune, and research cost was like 6K (?). I have no idea how many research stations you need to finish those projects and start building M2 ships yourself.

P.S we need some satellites in terran space. I'm struggling here (terran/atf start) !!111

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 31. May 18, 19:10

Make your own :)

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Thu, 31. May 18, 19:11

Joubarbe wrote:Make your own :)
5/5 factory support in Heretics end, and still I have to buy some stuff from trading stations ._.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Thu, 31. May 18, 19:18

Joubarbe wrote:I think most of you play too cautious :)
That's comes from my childhood. I always had to sell those little houses at monopoly. Lesson learned :D

Boarding is of course viable. I just don't like it as it gets old pretty fast imo.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 31. May 18, 19:48

Making the hulls of all ships make OCV more easy to kill. And I like that. Those super hulls are frustrating.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Thu, 31. May 18, 20:18

ETA for 2.4?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 31. May 18, 20:26

Soon, likely tomorrow. I don't plan to add more features.

bergi9
x3tc

Post by bergi9 » Thu, 31. May 18, 22:34

It's just me or? On encyclopedia it doesn't show the hangar sizes of certain ships on description anymore since i updated it to 2.3.14.

TomRobinson
x4

Post by TomRobinson » Fri, 1. Jun 18, 07:20

Ascension idea looks sweet. Any chance we can have an overtune ship (speed) reward too?

I used to love overtune BBS in reunion and have been looking for a replacement / allternative for a long time haha.
Do Hippos Eat Giraffes?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 1. Jun 18, 08:31

You have a perk to overtune your ships if you want. Would be too much of a cheat, and could technically lead to an exploit.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Fri, 1. Jun 18, 10:44

Have you ever considered moving recycling perk to level 2 or even 1?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 1. Jun 18, 12:05

Too easy.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Fri, 1. Jun 18, 16:05

Will X4 ever get close to this? :thinking:

About new balance: have you changed Tbullets? I've been using pre-2.3 laser balance, will replacing it revert any of 2.4 changes?

UPD: Apparently you did :) Well, will have to get used to this =\

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”