Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Post Reply
User avatar
X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
Posts: 22464
Joined: Sun, 2. Apr 06, 16:38
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 28. Apr 18, 17:15

If you're redirected to the forum index page when trying to reply to a topic, delete your browser cache. This usually fixes the problem.

As for realising whether you're about to create a new topic or a reply to an existing thread: If the forum software won't let you submit your post without a title, you're in the process of creating a new topic. New topics require titles, replies to an existing one do not. Also when you scroll down below the text field, you should see previous posts if you're replying to an existing thread.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

droidilate
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat, 28. Apr 18, 03:05

Post by droidilate » Sun, 29. Apr 18, 02:00

Loving this "mod". One persistent problem though. I don't hear any music. (Linux Mint 18/GOG)

- I ran the soundtrack installer (twice even)
- The new sounds files are in the "...game/soundtrack" directory (not addons)
- The soundtracks play fine in the vanilla game and are in the same relative location.
- Sound/Music settings are maxed
- I did not use the language argument in the launcher
- I don't even hear music in the game menu where you select and start a new game (though I do hear the standard music in the intro movies as the game starts up)
- I do hear the sound of ships and voices

Any ideas (maybe there's a log file somewhere I can look at)?

Thanks

User avatar
Jack08
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sun, 25. Dec 05, 11:42
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sun, 29. Apr 18, 04:08

droidilate wrote:Loving this "mod". One persistent problem though. I don't hear any music. (Linux Mint 18/GOG)

- I ran the soundtrack installer (twice even)
- The new sounds files are in the "...game/soundtrack" directory (not addons)
- The soundtracks play fine in the vanilla game and are in the same relative location.
- Sound/Music settings are maxed
- I did not use the language argument in the launcher
- I don't even hear music in the game menu where you select and start a new game (though I do hear the standard music in the intro movies as the game starts up)
- I do hear the sound of ships and voices

Any ideas (maybe there's a log file somewhere I can look at)?

Thanks

Ah, yes - this is missing from the wiki. I'll add it.

The codec that is used by the files in the soundtrack isn't compatible with the linux version, you will need to convert the files to ogg vorbis. Unfortunately i dont have any instructions on how to do that conversion (if you figure it out please let me know!)

You can create an X3AP.exe somewhere else, and run the soundtrack installer there to get just the music files it adds, but from there - you will need to find a way to batch convert all the files in the folder from mp3 to ogg. (then you may need to rename them to .mp3 because, reasons... lol)
Image
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

kecin25
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun, 13. Aug 17, 19:58
x4

Video Error?

Post by kecin25 » Sun, 29. Apr 18, 05:21

So I was opening up X3ap to play some and I keep getting an Error that says:

Error opening video.
Check your Display Settings!
Further information can be found in the manual or readme.txt!


I changed no video settings or any settings... Is there an easy way to fix this?

User avatar
Jack08
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sun, 25. Dec 05, 11:42
x3tc

Re: Video Error?

Post by Jack08 » Sun, 29. Apr 18, 06:44

kecin25 wrote:-
Are your graphics drivers installed or were updated since last playing?
Has the DirectX9 installer been run on your OS?
Is a valid video resolution set in the settings launcher?
(Sorry of these questions sound patronizing, i am being serious).

This problem isn't caused by LU or any mod directly (except perhaps the EMS dll), Something may be with your system configuration.

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=378372
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=198038
https://steamcommunity.com/app/2820/dis ... 650540558/
Image
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

kecin25
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun, 13. Aug 17, 19:58
x4

Re: Video Error?

Post by kecin25 » Sun, 29. Apr 18, 16:27

Jack08 wrote:
kecin25 wrote:-
Are your graphics drivers installed or were updated since last playing?
Has the DirectX9 installer been run on your OS?
Is a valid video resolution set in the settings launcher?
(Sorry of these questions sound patronizing, i am being serious).

This problem isn't caused by LU or any mod directly (except perhaps the EMS dll), Something may be with your system configuration.

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=378372
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=198038
https://steamcommunity.com/app/2820/dis ... 650540558/
I had a graphics driver update a few days ago and never restarted the computer, the game was working until yesterday. I restarted my PC because some other games would not work and now it is functioning properly. Thanks for the help!

droidilate
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat, 28. Apr 18, 03:05

Post by droidilate » Sun, 29. Apr 18, 18:45

Jack08 wrote:
droidilate wrote:Loving this "mod". One persistent problem though. I don't hear any music. (Linux Mint 18/GOG)

- I ran the soundtrack installer (twice even)
- The new sounds files are in the "...game/soundtrack" directory (not addons)
- The soundtracks play fine in the vanilla game and are in the same relative location.
- Sound/Music settings are maxed
- I did not use the language argument in the launcher
- I don't even hear music in the game menu where you select and start a new game (though I do hear the standard music in the intro movies as the game starts up)
- I do hear the sound of ships and voices

Any ideas (maybe there's a log file somewhere I can look at)?

Thanks

Ah, yes - this is missing from the wiki. I'll add it.

The codec that is used by the files in the soundtrack isn't compatible with the linux version, you will need to convert the files to ogg vorbis. Unfortunately i dont have any instructions on how to do that conversion (if you figure it out please let me know!)

You can create an X3AP.exe somewhere else, and run the soundtrack installer there to get just the music files it adds, but from there - you will need to find a way to batch convert all the files in the folder from mp3 to ogg. (then you may need to rename them to .mp3 because, reasons... lol)

Ok, I got it working. here's what I did (on Linux Mint 18 ):


1. Convert all of the mp3s to oggs (this took about 10 minutes):

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install dir2ogg
dir2ogg /path_to_game/soundtrack
2. Moved the original mp3s into a different folder

Code: Select all

mv *.mp3 ./originals
3. Renamed all of the oggs to mp3s (rename is not on all platforms).

Code: Select all

rename 's/\.ogg$/\.mp3/' *.ogg
I fired up the game and got all the lovely tunes!

kecin25
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun, 13. Aug 17, 19:58
x4

Freezing on Defend Sector Missions

Post by kecin25 » Sun, 29. Apr 18, 23:04

My game keeps freezing when I am doing Defend the Sector Missions. This is one of my ways to get ships to capture and sell. Does anyone know why it keeps freezing and how to fix it?

User avatar
Jack08
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sun, 25. Dec 05, 11:42
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 30. Apr 18, 03:20

@droidilate Thanks, I've added a link to your post to the wiki for any future users.
Image
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

ShadowRouge
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon, 29. Nov 10, 00:38

Post by ShadowRouge » Mon, 30. Apr 18, 07:28

So thinking of staring a new game but are there any compatible takeover sector mods with litcube. I know about the other mod mayhem but it takes away options only available in this one like the Saturn complex. I want to truly wipe out the pesky xenon and argon from spawning for the glory of the priest emperor. :lol:

User avatar
dizzy
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun, 26. Sep 10, 06:00
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 30. Apr 18, 21:53

Jack08 wrote:The codec that is used by the files in the soundtrack isn't compatible with the linux version, you will need to convert the files to ogg vorbis. Unfortunately i dont have any instructions on how to do that conversion (if you figure it out please let me know!)
I don't understand why this is still an issue with the MP3 codec patents having expired a while back. Egosoft should just ship an MP3 decoder on the Linux version.

Not only does one have to convert files to .ogg but they have to be named .mp3 which is kinda hilarious...
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
Image

User avatar
Zaitsev
Posts: 1971
Joined: Tue, 2. Dec 08, 02:00
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 1. May 18, 07:43

ShadowRouge wrote:So thinking of staring a new game but are there any compatible takeover sector mods with litcube. I know about the other mod mayhem but it takes away options only available in this one like the Saturn complex. I want to truly wipe out the pesky xenon and argon from spawning for the glory of the priest emperor. :lol:
Nope. And at the risk of taking you a bit too literally; completely wiping out a race will cause all sorts of problems, because the game engine was never designed to handle such a situation.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

User avatar
Joubarbe
Posts: 4709
Joined: Tue, 31. Oct 06, 13:11
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 4. May 18, 17:56

I have a message for the LU community, from Litcube himself:
Litcube, Lord Of Carrots wrote: I said F U C K
Joubarbe, Director of Communication.

User avatar
Litcube
Posts: 4245
Joined: Fri, 20. Oct 06, 19:02
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 4. May 18, 18:03

Thank you, Director.

BlackArchon
Posts: 1015
Joined: Wed, 4. Feb 04, 18:37
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 4. May 18, 18:17

Everybody seems to know what a "Director" is. But what is an "Unirector" or a "Trirector"?

Post Reply

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”