Not getting an crafting missions - MOD ISSUE

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

gapper4
x3ap

Not getting an crafting missions - MOD ISSUE

Post by gapper4 » Wed, 18. Oct 17, 14:00

Hey guys, I've played the game now for about 50 hours, have good relations with all major factions, and have unlocked over 50 stations for trade updates. And I've yet to see any crafting missions, except for the one in OL for the jumpdrive. No Repeater Mk.III, no upgraded engines, no upgraded shelds. Nothing. Is there something specific I should be doing ? I've managed to craft the super engine for the jumpdrive and have almost enough materials for a second one. I've gotten a few relics, some spaceflies, etc., but still not missions anywhere. What gives ?

Lothari
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
xr

Post by Lothari » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 11:05

Hi, gapper4.

Could you post a savegame here? We can probably use that to track down the problem.

Thanks,
Lothari
(Formerly SonOfToastie)
-- Nil actum reputans, si quid superesset agendum. --

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 11:08

Lothari wrote:Hi, gapper4.

Could you post a savegame here? We can probably use that to track down the problem.

Thanks,
Lothari
Yes, I'd love to. How do I do that ? Just copy/paste the file ?

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 11:13

You can e-mail it to <removed>
Last edited by Xenon_Slayer on Thu, 19. Oct 17, 11:36, edited 1 time in total.

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 11:16

Xenon_Slayer wrote:You can e-mail it to <removed>
Thank you. I will do this in a few hours when I get home from work !

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 11:38

Actually, scratch that (I'm actually not around for the next few days). Please send to lorraine@egosoft.com

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Fri, 20. Oct 17, 08:56

Xenon_Slayer wrote:Actually, scratch that (I'm actually not around for the next few days). Please send to lorraine@egosoft.com
Ok Xenon, it's done. I've sent a save file to Lorraine. Thanks for your interest in this issue !

Lothari
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
xr

Post by Lothari » Mon, 23. Oct 17, 16:35

Hi, y'all!

After some work, I've discovered that these crafting missions are not running for the OP because of the mod packaged as part of the X-R Vanilla Recall Collection that swaps out the game universe we packaged with X Rebirth VR with the one in X Rebirth. This stops some missions from running because of some very specific safety measures that cannot be removed.

Please be aware that we cannot normally provide support for problems encountered when using a modified game. If you are not able to produce the problem in a fresh start with an unmodified game, then we will have to assume that, as in this case, the problem is caused by one of the modifications.

Thanks,
Lothari
(Formerly SonOfToastie)
-- Nil actum reputans, si quid superesset agendum. --

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 24. Oct 17, 09:39

Hi gapper4,

Next time you have a problem in an X game, please specify up-front if you're using mods/save edits, and their names if you are. Thanks!

Egosoft don't offer support to modded games and if they don't know a game is modded, they can waste time looking for problems in the wrong places. Plus they would probably not be familiar with the mod(s) in question to be able to support in a reasonable period of time if they wished.

This is summarised by BurnIt! here but you may missed it.

Regards,
Sparks

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”