As the title says, i rebuilt the current universe map using the English presentation video (17:00)
Following, there are my speculations and personal idea.
It looks like Egosoft went back to the universe structure of the X Games, where the main component was the sector (the current big hexagon). Each sector is composed by smaller hexagons (16 for each side, I'll let you count them all...) and they are similar to the current X Rebirth zones. I see three types of these zone:
- blue are already explored;
- gray are zones covered with "fog-of-war" (so blue zones could be where we can see stuff inside );
- red zones are the one where we can't build stations because there are obstacles like asteroids (in the video) or resources (nebulae? Gas? Enemies? Aliens?).
A X/Z coordinate system exists to identify the position of the sectors. I don't see any Y so it could be that the current map is flat (sorry Elite guys, no bubble in this universe but there are many aliens ).
I also noticed some sort of colors and details on the sectors "borders": the hexagons have two frames, the internal is colored by the race (?) color (Argon are soft blue, Paranid soft pink/purple); the external frame has holes where two sector touch together.
Finally, some lore details
The right panel shows a list of Jumpgates, where they go and where they are located. Unfortunately - or to hide some infos - some gates are covered with the presentation camera. What you can find in the map, is what I found comparing start and end gates for each sector and checking the whole map part of the video. Unluckily, the German presentation didn't show the same portion of the universe
To conclude this post, three interesting facts:
- Argon Prime and Pontifex's Claim have Shipyards, while True Sight has a Defense Platform (a fortress-like station?). True Sight is near the Argon space. After many years - and a former alliance - these two races are still at war? Also, Equipment Docks are there.
- (BIG SPECULATION) In the final part of X-Encyclopedia there is a description of how the Alliance of Words begin: many years after the gate shutdown, a drone from Terra Paranid reach Argon Prime and re-established the communication between the two races. This could be the "Second Contact" event (while the first contact was in the 2300/130NT, 30 years after the foundation of Terra Argon as capital-planet, again with the Paranids) that gives the name of the sector. This is also a border between Argon and Paranid space.
Fun-fact, in the German video, Second Contact is owned by the "Antigone Republic" faction. So, after the Antigone Memorial that commemorate the death during the First Xenon War, they have a new monument to commemorate a new birth
- Someone is a huge fan of The Expanse... and I think they also added a Rocinante-like ship