Cannot dock at capitals nor claim small ships - modded. *FIXED*

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Trout21

Cannot dock at capitals nor claim small ships - modded. *FIXED*

Post by Trout21 » Fri, 25. Nov 16, 16:05

Id like to know how to fix this issue too. Even if i have to edit the save file, repeadedly.

I just built an Awan and cant dock, no docking option. I was able to dock with my Lyranea, but no longer can. also i have no boarding option for cap ships and no claim option for small ships.

I did claim a small ship a long way overwritten save back. but after trying to capture a cap ship and failing, i held back untill i learned more. When i tried again and killed all engines, shields, hyperdrive,ect had marine officer with 5 stars in boarding, 50 recruit marines that were with my marine officer and he is aboard my skunk, but no option to "Board" and now no option to "Claim" small ships. I think all these bugs are connected, and same variable/flag that has remained on/off preventing docking/boarding/claim with ships, maybe few variables, as it was working so code functions, its just the flag has not been reset.

Last edited by Trout21 on Sat, 26. Nov 16, 05:29, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 25. Nov 16, 18:22

Split from a 3 year old thread about ship models with no docking bay. The old issue with ship models without docks is long resolved and so it isn't that.

Please tell us about your game. Is it modded, what version and where from. Have you already been editing your saves? This is why we ask for information in the Tech Sp Sticky.

If Steam, have you verified the Rebirth gamefile cache recently?

The fact that you have these issues appearing suddenly may indicate either a bad or corrupt game installation, a bad save edit, or a mods clash. What might you have changed or done recently to trigger this?

If you have literally *just* built your Arawn, then have you let it finish its departure from the shipyard dock approaches such that it is no longer running any orders before trying to dock? If not then wait a while.

A boarding option for an NPC capital should appear at any time if you double-click on one with the assets on the Skunk that you describe (not that you will necessarily succeed without meeting some further requirements). Small and medium ships can only be claimed if they have no pilot themselves, you have a spare pilot on the Skunk and you are close enough.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Trout21

Post by Trout21 » Fri, 25. Nov 16, 19:25

Its from Steam V4. I have automatic updates set.
It started happening in vanilla, so i used X-Rebirth save editor to fix a stuck ship in shipyard. I then used it to try to find (indicate) where the code may be for ship docking,boarding, claim,to correct it, but could not find anything relating to it.
I can still dock with my Lyranea that i incorrectly posted i could not, after quitting the game and steam, and reloading, i also had at that time station info bobs displaying incorrectly (out of place or not showing)

I did find some stuff in info/stats, and tried setting capships boarded, ect ( only relevent stuff to boarding/claimed, but that did not work either so reverted the data. My save loads and plays fine.

Validating steam files was 1st thing i tried.

I then installed "Boarding options" but that do not seem to work at all.
I have since installed "capital bridge" mod.
Now I have added "Auto agents" & (("PlayerJump")as after killing several caps and not finding any "RARE Jump Drive" Components)

The Awan left the dock and followed me to commerce core before i tried to dock with it. I sent its crew there remotly with "enter crew quarters" on my skunk and ordered them from there.

I have spare pilot & captain on my skunk.

Could not find it

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 25. Nov 16, 19:52

I am sad to say that it sounds much as though you have broken your save through modding and edits.

To check this, start a fresh freeplay vanilla game without any extensions and see if the boarding option now appears when you double click on an NPC capital ship (once you have any quality of Marine Officer and at least one marine on the Skunk if you want it to be selectable). If it does then what I mentioned above probably applies. Whether the save can be recovered by cleaning up after mods and removing edits I honestly could not tell you.

If it still does not appear in a fresh vanilla start then your game install is suspect.

Sanity check: You are clicking on the (internal?) ship docking bay icon of your Arawn when trying to dock, aren't you?

Trout21

Post by Trout21 » Sat, 26. Nov 16, 05:25

Update: I dk what ive done in total except after reverting data from save edit, was to again reverify files. and hey presto, I can now dock with all my ships except the Awan. I do have a slight problem with my large freighter, that i have to double click several times for the "dock" to show up.

I can now claim small ships again, and board caps . (Very big smiles)

Internal ship docking bay icon? im using the one on top of ship outside. I have flown down the throat and gone from end to end to check for such a possibility but dont see one.

btw mods running sucessfully with docking/boarding working, with no other errors ive been able to detect, except for the sticky icons, that is fixed by client restart; are:

Capital Ship Bridge.
Station Announcements.
Auto Trade Agents.
Player Jump.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 26. Nov 16, 13:38

Good to hear. Tricky things those edits and mods!

I couldn't recall whether the Arawn ship docking bay was on the outside of the hull as with the Titurel or inside the hangar as with the Rahanas.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”