Can't see any build spots!

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Valadis
x3tc

Can't see any build spots!

Post by Valadis » Sun, 2. Oct 16, 19:30

After 2 years, I've decided to give this game a new chance. Everything was good (finally), until I tried building my first station.

I have 2 construction vessels, fully equipped with crew and drones, added them to my squad, but the map does not show me any of the build spots that are supposed to be there.
I've tried everything I can think of. I've deactivated most of the mods I was using, and I've even started a new game, cheated some money, immediately built a construction vessel and ... same problem.

Maybe I am doing something fundamentally wrong, but this seems unnatural to me. From what I am seeing on Youtube, the build spots should just show up immediately.

Any ideas?
Last edited by Valadis on Sun, 2. Oct 16, 21:06, edited 2 times in total.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 2. Oct 16, 20:00

no idea what you mean with construction Zones.. there are Build Spots visible in Space while a CV is in your Squad (1 to 3 per regular zone, with some exceptions like Maelstrom or Toride iirc) and all Temp Zones, which are generated when you fly between the regular zones, contain 7 build spots each (some of these 7 may not be reachable though, thanks to overlapping Zone Borders)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Valadis
x3tc

Post by Valadis » Sun, 2. Oct 16, 20:59

Yes, I am talking about the build spots. There are none, no matter what I do. Like I said, the CV is fully equipped and in my squad.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Can't see any build spots!

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 3. Oct 16, 09:16

Does the CV have an Architect as part of the crew? Could be easy to overlook after a break.
Valadis wrote: I have 2 construction vessels, fully equipped with crew and drones, added them to my squad, but the map does not show me any of the build spots that are supposed to be there.
Build spots don't show up on the map. They are only visible in space from the Skunk cockpit, and so we need to pan the view around to spot them.

Loltak
x4

Re: Can't see any build spots!

Post by Loltak » Mon, 3. Oct 16, 19:14

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Does the CV have an Architect as part of the crew? Could be easy to overlook after a break.
Even without it it's ok, tested yesterday :roll:
X4: Fondations Vanilla all extension.
Casual ineffective player at slow pace

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 3. Oct 16, 20:47

You're looking for icons in space that are about the size of the i icon for scanning station modules (i.e. really small). They don't appear on the map, you have to rotate your Skunk around to bring them into your forward view to see them.

You interact with them the same way you interact with the i icon to "drone hack" or "drone scan" or "board" (double-click the icon, then choose "build").

If you still don't see them, you may have a bug that disables these somehow. I can't duplicate it, but I had Station Scanning mode on, and I moved away from the station and got really close to a Titurel. Then the Titurel jumped away and disappeared, and for some reason all my i icons at the station appeared randomly at the side or corners of my screen. An Exit To Desktop and reloading of the game fixed it, though.

Loltak
x4

Post by Loltak » Mon, 3. Oct 16, 22:59

To determine if you have an issue you could use X-builder 2 which indicated the available spot.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=388727
X4: Fondations Vanilla all extension.
Casual ineffective player at slow pace

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Wed, 5. Oct 16, 02:29

Valadis:

Build spots should appear if you have an /active/ (ie not flying/trading elsewhere for wares etc) CV /in your squad/. They won't be able to do anything if there's no architect, but the spots should appear. To test, fly to an 'Empty Zone' & see if they appear; if not then one of your remaining mods may be interfering :(

In the game zones there are usually only 1 or 2 spots available, so you have to be pointed in the right direction to find them. In 'Empty' zones there are up to 6 spots IIRC, so something should show up pretty soon if you rotate a bit

If you're reloading an ancient save, that may be another cause. Start a new game (you don't necessarily have to save) & check around in there to see if things are working..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 5. Oct 16, 08:19

Do you need construction drones in the hold. I think I had the same problem but can't remember what it was.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 6. Oct 16, 21:23

burger1 wrote:Do you need construction drones in the hold. I think I had the same problem but can't remember what it was.

Yeah, when you are ordering a CV from a XL Ship Dealer you choose Construction Drones (The more you order the faster your construction).

Or to save money, go to a CV Station already fully built and transfer them 'as drones' from your stationary CV to your new one.
Saves you having to spend millions of credits to buy more.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”