Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

idont
x3tc

Post by idont » Mon, 4. Jan 16, 11:59

nekoexmachina wrote:Got an issue on Linux (don't have windows machine to try to reproduce there):
http://imgur.com/QrhykEF
this exact star is located behind the "West Gate (Cloudbase south-west)" in Ore Belt. This issue happens once in a while (I think 3 or 4 spots in Argon space around argon prime at least).
I've followed the install instructions step-by-step excluding the GUI installer, since it is marked as "Optional".
I had the same problem. I fixed it by turning off lensflare for the suns that had this problem. You can do the same by downloading this file and putting it in addon/types/TSuns.txt

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 4. Jan 16, 12:06

idont wrote:
nekoexmachina wrote:Got an issue on Linux (don't have windows machine to try to reproduce there):
http://imgur.com/QrhykEF
this exact star is located behind the "West Gate (Cloudbase south-west)" in Ore Belt. This issue happens once in a while (I think 3 or 4 spots in Argon space around argon prime at least).
I've followed the install instructions step-by-step excluding the GUI installer, since it is marked as "Optional".
I had the same problem. I fixed it by turning off lensflare for the suns that had this problem. You can do the same by downloading this file and putting it in addon/types/TSuns.txt
Thank you for posting this! do you mind if i add it to the wiki?
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

idont
x3tc

Post by idont » Mon, 4. Jan 16, 12:16

Jack08 wrote:Thank you for posting this! do you mind if i add it to the wiki?
Feel free.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 4. Jan 16, 12:28

idont wrote:
Jack08 wrote:Thank you for posting this! do you mind if i add it to the wiki?
Feel free.
Done!

http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/inde ... tion#Linux
http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/inde ... inux_Fixes
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

nekoexmachina
xr

Post by nekoexmachina » Mon, 4. Jan 16, 12:36

Thanks @idont!

P.s.
What I see in console every time I see such a texture is:

Code: Select all

======================================
{4,1,4,1}.SV_ArrayRead(5) #-259795(2023)[03a4f8]702.__runScript array index out of bounds [0..3]
{4,1,4,1}.SV_ArrayRead(4) #-259780(2025)[03a4f8]702.__runScript array index out of bounds [0..3]
{4,1,4,1}.SV_ArrayRead(5) #-259780(2025)[03a4f8]702.__runScript array index out of bounds [0..3]
Hope that makes sense to any of you mod authors :>

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 4. Jan 16, 12:40

nekoexmachina wrote:Thanks @idont!

P.s.
What I see in console every time I see such a texture is:

Code: Select all

... Snip ...
Hope that makes sense to any of you mod authors :>
You can safely ignore all of that, its not actually causing texture errors - its part of the MSCI scripting engine failing because a script is attempting to read from an variable that is a null value, as if it was an array - or an incorrectly sized array.

Its one of thoes really hard to track down glitches that actually dosen't effect anything negatively as the script causing it handles a invalid result gracefully, other then creating a nice loud annoying warning in the debug output - which you see for some reason, must be a linux thing? I have to forcefully launch in debug mode to see this stuff on windows.
―Farengar Secret-Fire

nekoexmachina
xr

Post by nekoexmachina » Mon, 4. Jan 16, 12:54

Its one of thoes really hard to track down glitches that actually dosen't effect anything negatively as the script causing it handles a invalid result gracefully, other then creating a nice loud annoying warning in the debug output - which you see for some reason, must be a linux thing? I have to forcefully launch in debug mode to see this stuff on windows and use a special file.
Um well.. just from what I've tested (little bit) this exact message has shown up every time I've seen the non-transparent texture.
Also, its a linux thing & AP thing as well: if I run AP from terminal via X3_AP executable, all the logging goes to stdout/stderr.[/quote]

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 4. Jan 16, 15:27

@Jack08 : do you have any way to have access to the old wiki ? On the installation page, there was some good informations, in comments, showing how to properly install LU on Linux. IIRC, they were saying some important stuff, but I don't remember what exactly...

nekoexmachina
xr

Post by nekoexmachina » Mon, 4. Jan 16, 15:32

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 4. Jan 16, 15:33

Yep, just found it and was about to post an EDIT :)

Yes, Linux people, read at the very bottom. (not so much important infos after all, but any way, maybe some of you will learn something ^^)

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Mon, 4. Jan 16, 19:28

solarahawk wrote:The stations and jobs are what crossed my mind for side effects. For instance, some jobs are assigned to spawn in specific sectors, most often as military patrols. If you were to take over those sectors, those patrols would continue to respawn. But apart from a handful of such jobs, most jobs will just respawn in the remaining sectors available to that race. The last oddity that can arise is when you takeover the last remaining sectors for a race, the game engine will then wig out, not knowing where to respawn those jobs. As I understand it, the engine just randomly respawns them wherever.
Well the solution I understand for sector takeovers is if you conquer a sector then those jobs simply stop running or are diverted. Now I'm pretty sure it's a lot harder than I'm making it sound, but maybe it's worth considering? As for taking the last sector or several last core sectors (Seizewell + Ianamus Zura if Teladi) then rather than conquering the faction you instead vassalise them and they own the sector, but pay a fee to you whether it be money, goods, ships or so on.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 4. Jan 16, 20:00

Lord Dakier wrote:
solarahawk wrote:The stations and jobs are what crossed my mind for side effects. For instance, some jobs are assigned to spawn in specific sectors, most often as military patrols. If you were to take over those sectors, those patrols would continue to respawn. But apart from a handful of such jobs, most jobs will just respawn in the remaining sectors available to that race. The last oddity that can arise is when you takeover the last remaining sectors for a race, the game engine will then wig out, not knowing where to respawn those jobs. As I understand it, the engine just randomly respawns them wherever.
Well the solution I understand for sector takeovers is if you conquer a sector then those jobs simply stop running or are diverted. Now I'm pretty sure it's a lot harder than I'm making it sound, but maybe it's worth considering? As for taking the last sector or several last core sectors (Seizewell + Ianamus Zura if Teladi) then rather than conquering the faction you instead vassalise them and they own the sector, but pay a fee to you whether it be money, goods, ships or so on.
Again, I don't have any problems with my Mayhem mod, which heavily relies on sectors conquest (link in my sig), except OWP respawns, which for me is a minor problem. However, in Mayhem, I've assigned a sector HQ for each race, that no one will ever try to conquer. It solves a lot of issues ^^

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Mon, 4. Jan 16, 22:42

Joubarbe wrote:
Lord Dakier wrote:
Again, I don't have any problems with my Mayhem mod, which heavily relies on sectors conquest (link in my sig), except OWP respawns, which for me is a minor problem. However, in Mayhem, I've assigned a sector HQ for each race, that no one will ever try to conquer. It solves a lot of issues ^^
It does sound like a push in the right direction, but I don't really want the commonwealth broken up, at least not everyone. Boron vs Split, Paranid vs Argon and an alliance between Argon/Boron + Paranid/Split would be awesome. It makes the commonwealth a lot more lively without disrupting the relative peace in several areas and sticks very closely to lore as naturally that is the relations within the commonwealth.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 5. Jan 16, 00:30

Same thing with missiles again after new installation. They wont fire even if set up on 100% (especially M2) and even if they do they use wrong missile on wrong target(like wraith on M5) .... :roll: I guess I got used to XRM and Albion (vanilla) smart missile scripting where they use right missile for the job...
Anyway I have question about xenon and pirate sectors?

Im planning to clean some pirate sectors by Terran sectors so I was wondering if I destroy shipyard will it just respawn ???? Same thing with xenon sectors ???? Also I have seen one of Phantom Solar Plants in Xenon sectors ??? Not 100% sure but Xenon didn't attack it ???
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 5. Jan 16, 00:58

1. if you have some trouble with LU that you think is a bug you need to provide a savegame, a complete list of mods you use and their installation order and a set of steps that would reproduce the issue
  2. yes, destroyed NPC stations (shipyards included) will respawn (at least those that you haven't deployed yourself as part of Build Station missions)
  3. yes, same with Xenon sectors
  4. the Phanon is neutral to Xenon, not only they can deploy stations there but they can dock at Xenon stations for repairs or when their traders are running away when attacked; yes it's kinda stupid and makes no sense but that's how things seem to be right now, I assume that changing them to be enemies of the Xenon requires tons of testing to make sure things are still well balanced and well working
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”