Problems with mouse control and hotkeys - resolved.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

SkyJon

Problems with mouse control and hotkeys - resolved.

Post by SkyJon » Thu, 2. Jul 15, 22:35

Hey, guys, how are you?

It's my first time playing a X game (I bought X3R), but i'm not being able to enjoy up to now. Is there any option to revert the defalut mouse look? And is there any way to set the controls to default? Please, guys, help me out, I wanna play this game! :)

Thanks in advance.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 3. Jul 15, 11:41

Hello and welcome. There is indeed a reset to default settings. I hope that helps, but we don't know what your actual problems are, nor what you are trying to do or undo.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

SkyJon

Post by SkyJon » Fri, 3. Jul 15, 15:48

Let me try to explain it better.

For example: if I move my mouse up, the ship goes to the right, if I move down, it goes to the left. It's changed, but i think that's the default mouse setting. I'd like to know a way to configure my mouse to move the ship normaly, like an FPS look.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 3. Jul 15, 17:09

SkyJon wrote:For example: if I move my mouse up, the ship goes to the right, if I move down, it goes to the left. It's changed, but i think that's the default mouse setting.
If it's really doing what you describe there, then no it absolutely is not the default. In fact there would have to be something seriously screwy for up to mean right and down to mean left! Resetting your controls as linked by Alan should put things back to normal, or you can just go into the control settings and make sure that "Mouse X-axis" is set to "Ship Yaw" and "Mouse Y-axis" is set to "Ship Pitch". There is also an "Invert mouse pitch" option if you prefer up and down to be inverted.

SkyJon

Post by SkyJon » Fri, 3. Jul 15, 19:13

Finally! Now everything is working correctly. Thank you so much for your help, guys!

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”