[Mods] First Person Gameplay Overhaul

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 22:12

and the next part of my First Person Improvement Series

UTSkillWhatever - basically its a Skill reveal - but you have to work for it ;) (better Names welcome - i couldnt think of one :D )

It makes use of the Skills the Player has (like all other Entities) - you start with 0 Skill Points in every aspect and will improve them with certain Interactions:
=> Hiring someone (1 Skill point more)
=> Smalltalk with Hireable NPCs (depending how you perform up to 3 more - 1 for regular smalltalk without mistakes, 1 for hard smalltalk without mistakes and 1 for very good hard smalltalk with a slight mistake)
-> more suggestions welcome ;)
the Skill which is improved depends on the NPC you interacted with - it will always be one of his relevant Skills ;)
When you gained a Star your current Skills will be displayed in the Info Window on the top right ;)
Your Total Skill is currently capped at 25 Stars - you cannt get more, but you can re-distribute them when you reached this cap by performing the aforementioned actions (for every Star gained another will be lost ;) )

when your Skill is the same or higher than the potential employees (only the relevant ones) you will know his Skills immediately when you speak to him personally. More Ideas what could be done with this welcome ;)

this Mod does not require any Text Files or Translations - all Text is taken from the Game itself (except for the content.xml) ;)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

antoniut
xr

Post by antoniut » Wed, 15. Apr 15, 23:29

How hard would be to implement a voice command control to rebirth?

Just to give commands to captains and so...

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 16. Apr 15, 00:00

very. since there is no way to grab external events or (ab)use hotkeys since we can currently only steal existing ones, not define our own.. you could use a program which simulates keypresses from voice input to activate the actions though ;) (for my mod this would be eight: Sector Map [,]; choices [1]-[6] and Abort [Esc] )

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

balogt
x3

how to download files

Post by balogt » Fri, 8. May 15, 20:08

I clicked the github link and once there I cant find any buttons to download the mod...is there something I need to do?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 8. May 15, 23:05

its on the right side at the bottom (download zip) ;) maybe i should add this to he 1st post ...

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Sat, 16. May 15, 15:48

Great mods, I do use them in my new game. I only still have figure out the bridge commands. :?: But I am still trying :)

Thanks for the work.
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 16. May 15, 18:41

just (try to) open the Sector Map when on board of one of your Capships ;) the rest is obvious i think

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Sun, 17. May 15, 04:06

UniTrader wrote:just (try to) open the Sector Map when on board of one of your Capships ;) the rest is obvious i think
Thanks for the tip m8. I did read your mod explanation too fast, so i did miss it. works know. :)
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

strude
x4

Post by strude » Fri, 29. May 15, 06:45

For SizeWhatever, how about the name "Estimate Skills", and add the possibility of misjudging by 1 star in either direction depending on the ratio of player to NPC skill?
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 29. May 15, 14:18

possible, but it would involve changing the actual skills since i can set them to either known or not known, there is no diffrent set of skills for display only.. but would be worth to add, so i will keep it in mind ;)

strude
x4

Post by strude » Sat, 30. May 15, 01:59

Ah ok. I assumed you were retrieving the values to display. Perhaps the name could be "Evaluate Skills" if it's always going to be accurate.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [Mods] First Person Gameplay Overhaul

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 16. Jun 15, 18:32

And one more is finished because i just found a little trick:
UniTrader wrote:Faster Dialogue

Download: github - latest (Download ZIP on the right)

This Mod makes Dialogue menu Navigation faster by displaying the next dialoge choices immediately instead of waiting for the Characters finishing talking.
Note that i have not touched the Plot Dialogue, because these are very extensive and you usually only hear them once - oppsed to the regular Gameplay Dialogue.

have fun hammering in Commands like in X3 because the menu Delay should be mostly gone with that :D but dont break your Keyboards ^^

this Mod does not require any Text Files or Translations - all Text is taken from the Game itself (except for the content.xml) ;)
feedback, suggestions and encouragements as usual welcome :)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 16. Jun 15, 19:04

Finally!

(and hopefully it gets borrowed for next patch :) )

w.evans
x4

Re: [Mods] First Person Gameplay Overhaul

Post by w.evans » Tue, 16. Jun 15, 19:40

UniTrader wrote:And one more is finished because i just found a little trick:
UniTrader wrote:Faster Dialogue

Download: github - latest (Download ZIP on the right)

This Mod makes Dialogue menu Navigation faster by displaying the next dialoge choices immediately instead of waiting for the Characters finishing talking.
Note that i have not touched the Plot Dialogue, because these are very extensive and you usually only hear them once - oppsed to the regular Gameplay Dialogue.

have fun hammering in Commands like in X3 because the menu Delay should be mostly gone with that :D but dont break your Keyboards ^^

feedback, suggestions and encouragements as usual welcome :)
Awesome! Thanks!

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 25. Jun 15, 21:01

small update for the Bridge Commands based based on this Topic:

tried to hook me into that targeting, but the event is sadly never triggered, so this point is moot. But i liked the idea so i hooked/hacked myself into the Guidiance Menu instead :D so if you want to Target a Ship via the Map select it, click [Details] and click [Plot Course] - the rest should be obvious ;)

antoniut
xr

Post by antoniut » Thu, 17. Mar 16, 17:01

@Unitrader

Hi, I'm trying this mod and I'm having two issues: (I've deleted assets folder to try it with capital bridge mod)

1-When bridge apperars, player falls down trough floor, but then suddenly recovers position and all goes fine

2-The function "Fly in this direction" does nothing

Any ideas?

Thanks

EDIT_Option 1 is happen without your mod too, so sorry and forget

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 17. Mar 16, 17:25

when you select "fly in this direction" do you get a list of possible Distances? (should be <set_value name="$DistanceList" exact="[-5km,5km,15km,50km,150km,500km]"/> )
if yes did you select any of them?

antoniut
xr

Post by antoniut » Thu, 17. Mar 16, 17:32

Sure, but nothing happens, just the last vanilla command given, in this case "wait"

I ask myself , have to wait some seconds for the command to work or so?
I've waited 20 sec. or so...

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 17. Mar 16, 17:36

nope, should start immediately.. maybe EGO changed something where i hook into the player.default.. checking..

antoniut
xr

Post by antoniut » Thu, 17. Mar 16, 17:50

1 more thing Unitrader the issue 1 before posted it happens, it was a save with your mod installed but disconnected, so a save before install your mod doesn't happen the issue (my god, sorry for my english :D )

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”